A special appreciation and shout out to all Female members here!

love me a good French style omelette. Slightly custardy, simple, elegant - eggs, salt, pepper, a dusting of smoked paprika served with a few greens. Perfection

Can’t stand American omelette cooked to hard kurd stuffed with a bunch of shit. I don’t need onions, sausage, cheese, green peppers, ham etc in my omelette. If I wanted all that mess I’d just order a calzone for breakfast

1 Like

You and I are the same.

I like my scrambled eggs to be soft and custardly. Cook till you are about rubber is a crime…LOL

1 Like

He’s a real ladies man from what I heard…

tim meadows da butt GIF

1 Like

3 Likes

The Princess Bride Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

3 Likes

good to see you got jokes- but I wasn’t making any jokes .

and for your boob crack here’s one just for you @Air2theThrown
Tdp GIF by The Doge Pound

3 Likes

Just one boob?

Same.

And one of the things I love about her is that she doesn’t let me in the kitchen after meals. Because I put things away in the wrong place. I would never do that on purpose.

I like my omelette Thai style…. Seasoned with sugar, Maggi and a few Thai chilis and shallots. Slightly browned. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Ol Uni boob . :laughing:

2 Likes

As I said earlier…

3 Likes

I cook scrambled eggs and bacon just about every morning. You are correct…they need to be cooked precisely to the time they are still soft and creamy.

1 Like

Ok so I am going to give everyone a nice life hack.

When cooking a hard boiled egg you should cook it like pasta.

DO NOT put the eggs in until the water is boiling. Then boil for 9 minutes for a firm and creamy yolk and 10+ for harder. The egg will fall out of the shell. All other methods are BS. Now it is not a bad idea to run under cold water as you peal them. The reason is science. Proteins collapse on themselves when shocked with high heat (think steak and how you cook it). I have been sharing this with people for years and no one has every said anything except this is life changing.

This was discovered during covid when I decided to do some experiments and do some serious research on line. I found an amazing article from a guy who worked as a chef at a high end place and had to make deviled eggs every day. And he also finally did an experiment and found this way.

3 Likes

Read a great story last night about how AI helped decipher the folded shape of every known protein.

Science has been doing this for awhile and has gotten through like 150, 000 of them. Took a couple decades.

Took AI about 5 years to do the rest.

(about 200 million).

Knowing the shape of every peotein and being able to rapid prototype the shape of a newly created proetein is a gigantic game changer without getting all sciencey.

Oh, and the guy who did it? Gave away the completed protein database for free and now has half a million researchers across a ton of biology disciplines using it.

3 Likes

So for about the last 10 years, I’ve been using one of these steam hard boiled egg cookers. They come out perfectly cooked every time without an ounce of thought put into it. Yolks are perfectly yellow without even a tinge of the green color. Depending on the amount of water you add, you could make them soft or hard boiled.

https://a.co/d/132BLVI

My fear is AI will help us live to be 120 years old and healthy but with no jobs available. So we will spend our days picking and eating ticks off of each other.

LOL I was actually about to amend my post to comment that steamers also do about the same or better job…but who has a steamer I ask…LOL.

So yes steamers or cook like pasta are both light years ahead of any other method. THe old egg theory is shite. I have hard boiled eggs a day out of the chicken with zero issue. Also no additive does crap in the water for the pealing of the egg.

1 Like

I love to cook (my wife…not so much), so I’ve got a lot of gadgets.

We have most of the main staples. We have basically graduated to all cast iron and enamel cooking and baking. We make sausage and stuff so we have grinders and a bowl chopper (bowl choppers are super cool). A steamer is one of the things we do not have. But mostly because we have an easy work around. Air fryers, oil fryers, smoker, grills, even a smaller blackstone for tailgating. We also do a ton of canning and have a smaller but productive garden.

You gotta have some hobbies as you get older and the kids leave.

3 Likes

They said bugs are the next thing, culinary wise.

My job relies on people being dishonest, stupid and money hungry, so I think I’m insulated.

Though, if I can get a self driving car with 360 camera displays to follow people for me autonomously, I may retire early.

Cmon Musk, get your shit together. I got cruises to go on…

2 Likes