Allen Robinson and Marcus Williams?

You asked the other day why I didn’t like him with our 2nd round pick and I forgot to answer.

I see a good WR but I just don’t see “it” with him. There’s not a play where I went “wow” that I’ve seen.
He’s fast but his 34.5" vertical explains his lack of explosion. Cooper Kupp didn’t have much of a vertical but his 3-cone and short-shuttle were a lot better than Moore’s and that’s what I want, someone who can get in and out of his cuts quickly.
Sorry, I see a 3rd or 4th round WR…maybe I’m wrong but again, I just don’t get the love for him.

Draft prospect Skyy Moore draws intriguing Lions-related comparison

by Brad Berreman6 days ago Follow @bradberreman24

Skyy Moore is on the rise after a strong combine performance, and he has drawn an intriguing Lions-related comp.

College football fans in the state of Michigan are surely somewhat familiar with Western Michigan wide receiver Skyy Moore. There’s even a chance the Detroit Lions take him in April’s draft.

Moore had a big final season in Kalamazoo, with 95 receptions (ninth in FBS) for 1,292 yards (second in the MAC) and 10 touchdowns (tied for first in the MAC). Over a 10-game stretch last season, he posted 89 catches for 1,234 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Moore has been an interesting draft prospect all along. Then he did quite well at the NFL Combine this week, with a 4.41 40-yard dash, a 10-foot-5-inch broad jump and a 34.5 vertical, while measuring 5-foot-9 and-a-half and 195 pounds with 10-and-a-quarter-inch hands.

Moore’s game tape paired well with what he did in on-field combine drills, which prompted NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah to make a declaration.

Skyy Moore draws intriguing Lions-related comp

Kent Lee Platte is a must-follow for football fans on Twitter during draft season, and any other time really. As combine workouts are completed and official results come out, he posts each prospect’s Relative Athletic Score (RAS). At times he posts comparables from the past, which can be interesting, have a team-related angle or both.

For Moore, the comp is Lions-related and intriguing all at once.

Golden Tate is one of the best free agent signings in recent Lions’ history. He had at least 90 catches in all four full seasons he spent in Detroit (2014-2017), with over 1,000 yards three times. He was an after-the-catch stud, which as Platte cited makes it hilarious (and interesting, as a practical football application) that he didn’t do well in agility drills (3-cone, shuttle) at the 2010 combine.

Moore and Tate are remarkably similar in many of the metrics used to come up with their RAS, right down to the 3-cone and shuttle times. Moore is definitely hoping to have a long career like Tate, as the latter looks for his next opportunity in 2022.

Give me Allen Robinson, Sky Moore and St. Brown and I’m happy with our top three. Would love to even grab a gadgety guy like Calvin Austin in the mid rounds. Throw is Josh Reynolds and Cephus as depth and we have the makings of a very good group.

2 Likes

@snags - I’ve got some info that might change your mind.

I think you might be surprised by some of it but instead of putting it here. I think I’m going to start a Skyy Moore thread and get the discussion started.

1 Like

@Snags and anyone else wanting to talk about Skyy Moore.

Check out this thread.

yep… he has been dropping that name for a while…

Brandon Cooks is the spicy tuna roll of the NFL.

You can get it anywhere, it’s never terrible but never even in the top 10 of whats on the menu. Its the best of the generic ass rolls on the cheap column of thr menu.

I’m looking for a Dragon Roll or Volcano roll level guy.

2 Likes

Allen Robinson is Fugu.

Its tasty and exotic…is recommended, but could kill you.

1 Like

Dragon rolls!!! I am also very partial to rainbow rolls, because I like the variety of fish you get on top. And it looks pretty, like a rainbow​:rainbow::crazy_face:

It’s been too long since I’ve had sushi… that needs to be corrected.

Also, maybe a thread comparing players to our favorite foods would be fun. Not meant to be disrespectful in any way, but just like let’s say, Decker or Ragnow would be really good pizza - always consistent, solid, satisfying - although, not always healthy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Trey Flowers was a McDonalds ice cream machine

3 Likes

We have an amazing sushi place across the street from our office in Lakeland.
If anyone comes there for Spring Training you need to hit
Scream’in Tuna fantastic menu.

3 Likes

Oh my goodness… where I used to work there was a McDonald’s down the street, and I would occasionally go there to get lunch. During the summer especially, I would have these cravings for a milk shake, and every damn time I went there “milk shake machine is broken.”

That is probably the best analogy ever. Really good when available, not often available.

1 Like

You know, it’s moments like this where your genius really shines.

3 Likes

I like this WR prospects as sushi angle. We should start a thread about it. I’m confident it would get unnecessarily long by draft day.

Jameson Williams is Blue Fin Nigiri but the Toro has fallen off the rice and on to the ebony stained Ash bar top

2 Likes

Williams yes, Robinson no. Unless he gave us a hometown discount or something. I think he’s a good player. I think we add 2 WR’s from this deep class, get Cephus back, maybe even Raymond on a cheap deal as he knows the offense and can make some plays. Get a taller X and a smaller more explosive guy to add to St. Brown inside and we can be fine. Reynolds mans the other outside spot. I think Cephus can be a big slot or outside. I’d rather put the money elsewhere, like locking down Walker. Walker Williams and no beans used? Yes please.

The Mask Love GIF

2 Likes

I’m grateful for McDonalds’ faulty ice cream equipment. Once a month a malfunctioning shake machine saves me from a night of Deranged Sugar Addled Kindergartner Syndrome.

3 Likes

this sounds like a lyric from a hip hop song…
:eggplant::peach::rofl::sushi::joy_cat:

2 Likes

The amount of dislike for Robinson on this board is laughable!!!

He would be a massive upgrade and wants to be here and that is important!

He’s not that old, and yes has had some injuries but he would be a great addition to a very weak WR group here…

I would love the signing!!!

7 Likes

I’ve warmed up to A-Rob… the fact that his team just dumped Mack and Goldman, and pretended to commit to Dalton last year shows a exactly where things were. Lame duck coach, disgruntled players, no QB play….

I’m convinced 3 need 4 full time starters in free agency, and I expect either C Harris or T Walker to be one.

I would be offering Harris 3 years and 24M with 14M guaranteed over first 2… and T Walker 4 years and 28M with about 12M guaranteed the first 2…

If we sign both and A Rob along with M Williams then our needs and the draft strength will align perfectly…

Edge
LB
DT

• trade back into 2 for WR…
    TE