Am I the Only One Who Didn’t Care that Tucker Made It?

Hopefully MC/DC can have a similar turnaround and then this time finally get over the hump. A man can dream.

I’m on the MCDC bandwagon. lol.

1 Like

We’re have you been the last 40 years, we picked the top ten as much as any team yet it’s never helped. There good players all over the draft. You don’t need the # 1 pic to succeed. Most your best teams never see a #1 pic.

4 Likes

What is encouraging so far is B. Holmes seems to have an eye for evaluating young talent. Sewell looks like a stud. Alim starting as a rookie. Barnes now starting. Iffy showed promise before getting injured. Parker and Price have shown some potential. We just gotta keep having good drafts and then eventually the roster will improve and have depth. It’s going to take some time though. Not easy to have patience as a Lions fan.

2 Likes

Yup 0 agree w/this too. I think Brad is gonna work magic for this organization. Looking at the tools Iffy has, and Barnes. I think those dudes are gonna be really good starters, eventually. I have high hopes for Onwuzurike, and McNeil…Really wanted more from both of 'em, and maybe they develop? I feel a monster pass rusher is the single biggest game changer we could add.

Love how the young dudes are being developed too. Dan & co will make some fantastic soup w/the groceries Brad gives them. It’s working out.

Sewell is gonna be hurting people. He’s going to develop a lot more, and who knows what that dude’s ceiling is?? He’s gonna be like the asshole high school kid that roughs up the middle schoolers playing in the field over summer break. he’s that much stronger. Fun to watch.

1 Like

Jaguars have picked at the top a ton as well. And they even got lots of awesome beanz for Jalen Ramsey!

1 Like

I really, really wanted to win that game

3 Likes

This will be the most impressive to me if they pan out. Not one UDFA starting in the secondary, but two?! And no one drafted these guys? I’m pretty impressed with that.

1 Like

I felt like crying afterwards.

I honestly think Schwartz would have won if he’d had a better gm.

1 Like

You might be right about that.

I really miss the Schwartz defense. That was the last defense that I felt was a strength for this team. I really looked forward to watching the defense alone because it was nasty

1 Like

Schwartz also needed to move on from Linehan. Scott did what he could be he has his limitations. And those limitations came front and center in 2013.

3 Likes

Discipline was always going to prevent Schwartz teams from reaching the top of the mohntain but I absolutely do think that Schwartz could’ve enjoyed enjoyed a Marvin Lewis like run with better QB play. Stafford was pretty damn mediocre (or even subpar) for a good part of Schwartz’ regime.

1 Like

You can’t fairly separate them, though. Caldwell brought discipline alright, including to the QB room and the way an offense is run. Saying Schwartz could have a Marvin Lewis like run with better QB play begins with refining his own approach.

Schwartz needed what Stafford needed. An OL that provided a pocket to step into and a run game that could beat Cover 2 when the numbers favored the run game. He/they never had that.

2 Likes

I feel like Titus and Best stay healthy, they make some serious noise. IMO, those were the biggest factors that failed the Gym Shorts era. He really needed to go after his last year though. It got rough. Felt like he may have lost the locker room. Team’s energy looked totally different.

2 Likes

Titus, Best and to a degree Leshoure too… those three guys stay healthy, could’ve been a whole new team. But yes especially Best and Titus. And the trio of Burleson, CJ and Young could’ve been incredible. Titus brought a very explosive and unique skill set. His flashes were at times unreal.

1 Like

Yup - and Best was just sick in the open field. Outran everyone.

1 Like

That Monday night game against the bears where he had that one 77 yard td or whatever it was… oh my goodness.

When he got hurt against SF that left us decimated.

1 Like

Also, I don’t think Mayhew was an awful GM, but he took his chances. The red flags were there with Titus. The awareness of mental health has increased exponentially in the last few years, even a decade ago it wasn’t what it is today. Now, the treatment and methods may not be there yet… but I wonder how much different things could’ve been for Titus had the Lions known or better understood his issues and put people in place to support him. Not saying the Lions were necessary at fault, but I think it’s just something nobody, or few people/teams addressed. If he came out this year, would any team be more prepared and better able to help him?

I don’t know for certain but what happened seemed very bipolar/schizophrenia. Better awareness and preparedness on the team’s part could’ve helped him. Again, not that the Lions did any worse than any other team would’ve. But I hope it’s better today for players with similar issues.

1 Like