Another argument for Bijan

I understand the injury concern, but as an every down back, you have to at least threaten to be a target in every facet of the game. His blocking and lack of toughness to run up the middle turns him into a scripted player. He’s still valuable, but not on every play.

2 Likes

My main belief is, if I can get 2000 yards out of 3 guys who didn’t cost us anything, I’d rather do that than get 2000 yards out of one very expensive guy. A very expensive guy who is very likely to spend some chunk of his career hurt. That’s it. That’s why I believe in value.

2 Likes

Yep I agree. I used to believe just take the good players where they’re available, figure out the rest later.

That being said value matters. It’s why TJ Hockenson as a top 10 pick, has turned into a 2nd round pick-value

The GM’s that don’t put a weight on value are the ones that find themselves without jobs. Extreme example but it helps define the point of value, would any team take a kicker in the 1st round. The answer is most likely no, because of value

3 Likes

Watch his feet… they’re insane

3 Likes

Sometimes though the right RB will power up an offense. If Gurley stayed healthy the Rams win that SB. Patriots game planned to stop the pass and the Rams faced light fronts all game. A healthy Gurley has a monster game

Without Terrell Davis, Elway never gets a ring. Without Faulk the greatest show on turf never happens.

2 Likes

Davis was awesome, but it was that scheme that set the league on fire. They’re the reason RBs got devalued, cause they plugged in Portis, Orlandis Gary and Mike Anderson and didn’t miss a beat. And that scheme is still shredding the league out in SF.

2 Likes

For the record I do want the Lions to take one in the draft, maybe even in the 2nd.

I just think would disappoint if we took him in the 1st, especially at 6.

2 Likes

Barry sanders
Best - before injury (niiiice)…after injury (offense was a turd )
Gruley

RB is my fav position to watch (can’t imagine why)

2 Likes

Great scheme + HOF RB = Sick

3 Likes

They won’t, like Natty always says Brad & Dan are really really good at their jobs

3 Likes

And that’s cool, I love your evaluations on players but I don’t agree with this. like I said it’s not ideally but if my choice is Bijan Robinson or Bryan Breese I’m taking Robin every time.
You could say that about every position if I could get 3 guys to get me 15 sacks in stead of one guy getting me 15 sacks for 1/2 the money. I would rather have a player that has a injury here and there that preforms at a high level then then guy that stays on the field and plays low level.

Everyone hoping for a RB in the first rd when we take a player in the trenches.
seconds GIF

1 Like

That’s true, but that’s not the current state of affairs in the NFL.

What I mean is, say one of your 3 guys you get to try and get to 2000 yards rushing is a bust. Well he was so cheap you just replace him with another cheap option, like a Craig Reynolds who steps in and rushes for 140 yards against a playoff team.

Right now, RB is much easier to replace than any other position IMO. Even kicker.

So I’d take that premium pick that we didn’t use on a RB and use it on a position that’s actually hard to find. Like, you’re not finding a starting OT in the late rounds unless you’re extremely lucky (like Philly). You’re not finding a starting EDGE in the late rounds unless you’re extremely lucky (like us, hopefully). Same with QB, A few more WRs and CBs hit late, but not enough that you could ever rely on it. You’re better off drafting those guys early too.

But RB? You can put together a viable running back room for dirt cheap. Just look at the Chiefs. CEH busted but now they’ve got 7th rounder Pacheco and scrap-heap McKinnon and they’re gold.

1 Like

Then who you taking at 6 witch reach are you reaching forb?

So who are you taking at 6 ? Carter and Miller is gone I suppose you are gonna say Young but he’s gone too. So who is that value picks here ?

But we don’t need OLine unless it’s a G, and we’re loaded at DE.

Prolly trade back maybe? if One of the 3 QB’s are there, and Seahawks dont take one, prolly our best interest to trade down

Or use that pick to trade for another player that equates to that value also

can do alot with this pick

1 Like

really hoping we can trade back. There’s a pretty good chance if someone really wants QB3

1 Like

Lol so you don’t have a player for 6 ? It wasn’t trading down it was who at #6 is better value and player.

LOL - We’re gonna snag a good RB. I may not even know his name yet.
My ego wants to root for Gibbs in the second round
My higher self just trusts Holmes’n’Campbell

I’m guessing we go
Defensive Tackle, OG, CB, RB with those first 4

Bradley will pull some sort of wizardry that I won’t understand until next November or so…that’s the most likely scenario. LOL

1 Like

It’s tricky for sure, no slam dunks. But this happens every draft, and the last time it happened to us we went with a low-value position at TE and took Hockenson. We all know how that turned out.

Personally I probably lean towards one of Tyree Wilson, Van Ness, Gonzalez or Witherspoon, and I think Brad will have Anthony Richardson on the table, though I hope he doesn’t pick him.

We may be loaded at Edge right now, but that could easily change in the future, and I don’t pass on talent for need. You’ve seen how much that DL rotation helps Philly. Haasan Redick had a monster game against the Giants on only 30-someting total snaps. Like 2 sacks, 4 tfls, 8 tackles, something crazy like that.

Gonzalez is gonna skyrocket after his testing, 4.3 40, long arms, 6’2, 200+. He’s built in a lab to play corner. And I think Witherspoon is the most ready to come in and contribute right away.

3 Likes