Another argument for Bijan

I think our pass coverage ended the season ranked dead last. I’d be happy if we somehow drafted two CBs in the first

2 Likes

I took Witherspoon at 6 many times and one of the CBs may be worth that pic , but some don’t like the value of that either.

So on your board are they rated as high as Robinson ? We’re are these 2 rated ?

1 Like

No matter what, i do think any pick i personally like is a bit of a reach at this spot

Prolly Gonzalez though, mainly cause hes my CB1, he fills a serious need, and cause i do think hes gone by 18

1 Like

Three guys don’t make other people better or change the defensive scheme. One guy capable of producing the same as 3 guys makes you account for him… he’s going to produce AND he’s going to free up other players too bc he has to be accounted for.

4 Likes

if we go CB

its at this pick, its just who we want

we know that there is a solid shot like 3-4 CBs are gone by the time its get to 18, so its just shooting your shot for who you want, which Brad aint afraid of pulling the trigger if he needs to

I don’t think there’s a CB worth the #6 pick… The top 4-5 guys are all pretty close IMO, I’m not sure I’d put a first round grade on any of them

Hmm first time I’ve heard that. I’ve been reading it’s one of the better CB heavy drafts in a while

They’re much higher than Robinson on my actual board, the one I would use for a draft that takes positional value into account. On my board of best overall players, I have Witherspoon above him and Gonzalez below him. But I also have a kicker in the top 30 and two tiny safeties (Branch, Sydney Brown). I wouldn’t draft any of them high because I wouldn’t have to. That’s where value comes into play. Obviously only a fool or Al Davis would draft a kicker in the top 30.

I don’t think there’s an elite talent at the top like Sauce, Stingley or Surtain, but most of these guys are a tier below that for me (and in the same tier as Horn and Okudah). So it’s a great class overall, very good at the top, but lacks the obvious elite prospect of some of the past couple of drafts.

4 Likes

I think the major issue is

no matter who we pick at 6

its gonna look like a reach regardless

the top 5 are all likely gone, and the rest are more picks that look better at 10-15

Its a no mans land spot atm,

2 Likes

Who is your kicker ?

Oh, there’s a bunch of players at the position that are good, just not great… @ 6 I want Ramsey or Sauce talent, that’s not present in this class

1 Like

Oh I think they can. Defenses have had to account for the San Francisco run game since Shanahan’s been there, whether Mostert, Wilson, Breida, Mitchell or McCaffrey was starting. That’s why Deebo and Aiyuk get so open on all those crossers (or, they’re freed up because the run game has to be accounted for).

Every team playing the Pats has to scheme to stop the run. Philly drives defenses mad trying to stop their RPO game, which is why Smith and AJ Brown are so often single-covered. Defenses committed everything to stopping the Baltimore running game the past 2 or 3 years, enter Mark Andrews.

A great running game has to be accounted for, no matter who the RB is.

You don’t think defenses started playing SF different when they got McCaffery and Deebo was able to be a receiver more often?

2 Likes

i think we agree there. I still see Witherspoon and Gonzales with first round grades. You and That’s are right though, there’s no one head and shoulders guy above the rest.

I’d be ok reaching for a CB at 6. None of the DL guys likely to be there excite me, I’ll be disappointed if we draft QB and everything else will be a reach

If we come out of the first round with two productive tall corners who run 4.3 I won’t be disappointed

1 Like

If it’s me, I’m looking at corner @ 18, if no one is there (I think at least 2 of the top 4 will be there) that we like, then I’d look to gamble a little and take Ricks out of Bama with my first 2nd rounder. He was a dawg his freshman year at LSU.

2 Likes

I can get that from Corum if he was in this draft.

To @Thats2 point, Edgerrin James is a Hall of Fame RB who I believe ran for the most yards in Colts history. They didn’t win the SB though until the year after he left and two RBs I can’t even remember their names platooned for 1,500 yards that season

If I recall the owner of the Colts still sent James a ring. Class act

2 Likes

I liked these runners coming out of college. Before their NFL careers were known. Just to clarify…

I’m actually interested to see what happens to Zeke this offseason. So many are leaving him for dead and washed up. And he does have a lot of mileage. But he is only 27. Some team might find a bargain there if he can rededicate himself.

Honestly going through alot of Mocks so far, alot of people have us taking Gonzalez at 18

again, this is pre-combine, senior bowl, etc, so i take it with a grain of salt, but i dont think he will be there, though i wish he is.

4 Likes