Any Deer Hunters on this forum

Just something my wife sent me because I hunt like crazy and didn’t shoot anything again this year. 8 point or better for me and my neighbor, we have about 240 acres and try to stick by that.

1 Like

Richer and sweeter than beef. Moose is the best tasting game I’ve ever had…and I’ve lived on game through many years of my childhood.

Hard to find his sheds in 26-30" of snow. Ugh!!!

Porky says, “yum, I had no problem.”

First bite will tell all. Moose might ruin you for all other meats. That is excluding bacon.

2 Likes

I’ve had moose a couple times. Yeah, a well cooked moose roast is hard to beat, and the tenderloin is ridiculous.

2 Likes

I’ve still yet to cook what I have, but my source is giving me some tenderloins soon; I’m thinking of making a Moose Wellington with some of it.

1 Like

Went to Marquette yesterday for some Christmas shopping. Coming back just after dark and just outside of Three Lakes I saw the biggest animal I have ever seen in the wild, and I’ve seen quite a few moose up here.

We were doing about 60ish and I had headlights in my eyes so I couldn’t see far up the road. I saw some movement on the right side and figured it was a deer, I caught a glimpse of a the beast and luckily it had turned and was running back into the trees. If it had run out on the road I don’t know that I would be here telling the story right now. There is about 2 feet of snow on the ground, and from the quick glimpse i got, it appeared to be 4 to 5 feet from the snow to the top of the back of this animal. The only comparison I could make is a Clydesdale running into the trees on the side of the road. Scary shit.

That will slow you down right quick.

I told you a dead moose lying on its side is mid abdomen high. I saw a moose get hit by a semi in Canada near Thunder Bay. It was a big animal and only half of it was there. I drive around Lake Superior about once every other year. I see them everywhere. . I saw three together off the road. So, I stopped to get a picture. I understand they are not so adept seeing you. The moment my camera motor whirred, that bull looked right at me and started trotting toward me. Hopped in the truck right quick and drove off. They will attack a car if they feel threatened. Damn you should see the black bears north of the border

1 Like

I believe they call that dish Bull Winkleton…

1 Like

Just want some clarity…sitting in a tree with a high powered rifle and scope waiting for a woodland creature to walk by so you can shoot it is considered hunting, right?

1 Like

Is sitting on your ass at the computer looking for deals considered bargain hunting? How about searching for a new home on the internet, is that house hunting?

Is it the actual ‘moving’ part of it that you have issue with or the killing and eating part?

Yes, that’s one type of hunting. Followed by dressing, butchering, cooking and eating.

1 Like

What I want to know is this guy (who obviously is either an idiot or a troll) a tofu eating environmental terrorist, or one of those animal wackos that attack people wearing fur? I suppose there is a third possibility, he thinks the food he eats was never alive and has no idea animals are killed all over the world to feed people, he justs thinks the hamburger got somehow magicked there. They probably have to remind him to breathe.

Harry Potter is not really a wizard, shhhh, the zoomers will be jumping if they find out.

He’s a good dude that’s just not looking at it with a complete perspective.
Nevermind. I’m out.
LOL

Well at least you’re actively doing something with your mind instead of waiting for an animal to walk by so you can shoot it with higgly advanced weaponry relative to what the deer is working with… I have a little more respect for bow hunters. It should be called “deer waiting”

From what I’ve seen here, GuitarGod is a good poster and seems a good person. Pretty sure he has the right to not like hunting, just like you have the right to not like his not liking hunting.

It’s a pretty foreign concept up here in the yoop, but believe it or not people don’t all think like us…:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Here’s what you get from all that waiting…

1 Like