Anzalone is back $18.75M/3yr

Everybody in the NFL community, beat writers and most people on this forum see a relationship here. You and a couple others refuse to see it, THE JOKE IS ON YOU.

You are in your own little world.

3 Likes

Our coach has a relationship with all of his players, brother.
one criticism I hav not heard of him is unfair. Feels weird

3 Likes

From Brad Berryman Sideliner:

Some beat writers and analysts will justify investing in Anzalone like this by noting the difference in organization and fan perception of him, and they’re not wrong. But it doesn’t take Pro Football Focus grades or a particularly keen eye test to show it shouldn’t be hard to upgrade on Anzalone from a pure talent standpoint. And the Lions just won’t do it.

Anzalone was also in a contract year last year, again, and it’s not a stretch to say he was fighting for his future as more than a backup and special teamer. And he concidentally produced the best year of his career.

The Lions are betting that a linebacker entering his age-29-season, albeit someone who fought injuries early in his career with the Saints, has not reached his ceiling. That feels like a poor bet, but time will tell. Linebacker is still somewhere on the radar for the Lions in April’s draft.

From Reddit:

He never pops off the screen, he can’t cover and statistically he can’t stop the run.

This is my big fear with DC, (now don’t get me wrong I love DC) but why are we falling in love with players who can’t play?

Maybe you all see something I don’t, im open to being convinced I’m wrong about AA

From Detroit Free Press:

After arriving, Anzalone struggled to adapt in Detroit’s defense. Many wondered what the reasons were, as he had familiarity with Lionsdefensive coordinator Aaron Glenn.

Missed tackles plagued the former New Orleans Saints linebacker, causing some to write off his potential.

In 2022, Anzalone rebounded, and emerged as one of Campbell and Glenn’s preferred leaders of Detroit’s young defense, contrary to the general analogy of the Lions’ fan base.

The below is indicative of the relationship I continue to divulge:

Lions head coach Dan Campbell highlighted to reporters, at the end of the season, just how much Anzalone’s play improved over the past 12 months.

Campbell continues to force feed us Anzalone, regardless of what we see.

I am not alone in what I think about Anzalone. Being in your own world is an analogy that belongs to you.

WOW, it is interesting to me how wherever I post you seek me out and respond. Are you related to Alex?

1 Like

Sport Going GIF by UFC

1 Like

Just love it when you double down on your ignorance!!!

1 Like

Favoritism is unfair if it exist, and I believe it exist no question i.e. an 18.75 mil contract to a guy ranked 53rd in the NFL, his contract makes him the 16th highest paid LB. The defensive leader, (captain), on a team that finished at the bottom of most defensive categories in the NFL. You have to question the logic behind that. People on this forum are blaming Holmes for this deal, but Brad totally relied on Campbell and Glenn on this one and they have sold him a “BILL OF GOODS”.

Because of the salary cap every team has to get by starting players that seem average or worse to their fan base. Every single one. GMs plan for it. And the good ones do it at low value positions. And if it’s a guy at a low-value position who understands what the coach wants, who is a good teacher and leader and good in the locker room, then that guy’s got a better chance of being brought back than anyone else.

3 Likes

Did they show Bricker’s favoritism, or were they doing what’s best for the team?

2 Likes

Hey man I didn’t want Anzalone back either
There were no bites in the market
We got back with our ex
It happens man, let it go

1 Like

Ronald Mcdonald Clown GIF

why do we not have any contract details yet…all others have been leaked?

that’s wise.
Favoritism happens. I mean…I love ppl, but some are more aligned, healthy, & fun to be around.

I feel AA was one of Campbell’s faves, but so is J-Will…& where is he?
Just because someone is a fav xoesn’t mean they get preferential treatment.
Make no mistake about it → Campbell & holmes are making moves that are best for the team…right down to firing friends that were coaching on the squad

2 Likes

I remember several deals last year took 4-5 days to be revealed. Ryamond, and Josh Reynolds were two I was very interested in at the time and had to wait awhile.

I agree J-Will is a fav too, along with Cominsky. However they don’t come to the level of the relationship with AA. I believe it is J-Will who is testing the waters, not Campbell.

1 Like

well atleast Cam is getting acquainted with some of our boys

7 Likes

Nice to see that Barnes is training with Anzalone, if he knew the defense as well as Anzalone, he’d play more.

9 Likes

Im just am excited for the thor smash he does on good plays and all the den on gameday thread typing analzone!!! Sometimes its the simple things that make u happy lol

Has Dan become politically correct?

Just don’t see that Jman. I think we still desperately need a cover LB. Henley, Overshown, etc.

I wanted him back, but I thought the price and length of contract would be alot lower.
Here’s a snippet/piece from a recent Athletic article.
Though his game sometimes leaves you wanting more, there’s no doubt Anzalone improved last season. The Lions staff loves him, so a reunion was always on the table. We’ll have to wait for the details, but Anzalone’s three-year, $18.750 million contract feels a bit high considering the deals given to T.J. Edwards and David Long. Nevertheless, Detroit got its guy back. Perhaps this signals the Lions’ plans to draft a linebacker in April.

I sure hope we are in the market for LB this draft. Preferably day 2.

I’d take day 2 in a heartbeat. There really isn’t a single LB worth it at 18.

3 Likes

Brockers sure did. He was together with Agnew and Holmes for years and they specifically traded for him. And he was a healthy scratch every week despite making 10 mill. The better player plays, that’s how it works. You will never accept that though. So be it!

Also Barnes is now training with Anzalone in the offseason. Gotta love it! :smiley:

1 Like