Anzalone is back $18.75M/3yr

If it’s like 8-9 million cuttable in year 3 then fine. It still just looks crazy…hopefully because it is a complete fluff year 3 deal.

Year 1- 4m
Year 2- 5.75m
Year 3- cut year 3, save 8 million

This is the only way I see it as a solid deal.

2 Likes

Anzalone improved as the year went on. Im good with this deal.

3 Likes

I’m fine with it as he improved as the year went on!

It’s not a ton of $$$

1 Like

Barnes should be the SLB. I’d love to see him rush the passer as well.

1 Like

they like their LB’s. I have been saying this for 2 years. The lions play moneyball at LB and they like their LB room. Lions think they are a top 10 defense at this moment in time. The John Fox addition is a FA signing. They love their corners.

5 Likes

I’m fine with AA as long as he plays like he did the 2nd half of the season.

3 Likes

Noah Sewell can’t play football. He is ass.

4 Likes

Last year Anzalone signed on the 03/13 and I didn’t get the contract details until Jason at OTC updated them on the 22nd. So it looks like Anzalone has an agent that doesn’t leak info to reporters.

There might be some incentives, he had some last year, but it’s not going to be a heavily backloaded contract.

4 Likes

I’m not a big fan of it either but considering the crazy spending spree today (the Edmunds contract is laughable), this seems “less” crazy. If he continues to play like he did in the second half, he’ll be full value for this contract.

I care more about how they’re building the lines anyway. That’s where games or usually won or lost and that’s where Holmes has done yeoman’s work thus far.

2 Likes

Not excited about this move, but I do recognize he played better as the DLine improved their play. If we keep building up the front, AA will be more than competent. But if they draft Jack Campbell or Noah Sewell, then I will get excited about our linebacker corp.

Man oh man I hope they are right, and they definitely know more about football than I do, but man oh man. I may reach for the Woodson Bourbon a tad early today.

1 Like

In brad you trust ?

I mean we can’t be in love with everything BH/DC do. I do love these guys to death so I am with them regardless of what they decide.

I do see something that may eventually become a thing. Rewarding the hard working, knee cap biters isn’t necessarily a great strategy. It’s working now though so I’m obviously on board. But I definitely think it’s something to keep an eye on.

Talent trumps anything else in this league. You need guys like Anzalone, but you need talent as well. I guess we will just have to wait and see if this approach continues/works out like we all want it to.

1 Like

We as fans think he is mediocre but the coaching staff loves him. Maybe we need to jump on the highway to the analzone.

6 Likes

Okay now you kinda lost me…didn’t we give up the most passing yards in the nfl last season!? Sutton helps the group! But love them? Okudah was hurt and benched. Jacobs has torn his ACL twice.

2 Likes

Remains to be seen, but to me this deal signals that the LB market will be expensive

I’m guessing that David and Wagner are already priced out of our reach

3 Likes

This has not been picked up by any lions writer…why?

This also preaches loyalty. Keep it up Brad. Match what Cominski and swaggy are offered and lets move on to the draft

1 Like

I hope they not sign for 10m+ per…otherwise it going to be disappointing for me personally lol.

1 Like

Well there is talent, granted most on the Offense side of the ball.

Talent on D is Hutch, Sutton, and and and McNeil, then Draft picks 6oa 18oa, oops more offense. Sorry I meant 2023 2nd round picks.