Before we just gloss over the idea of Tua to the Lions at 3

Quinn’s job is on theine (assumably). He’s not going to draft a player who won’t be starting for a few years. If the had fired Quinn, it might have been a very different story.

This is also why I’m not convinced that Okudah will be the pick since corners usually don’t have high impact in Year 1. I have a feeling that Brown is high on their list. They could plug him in right away, he has that versatility and fatness that they love too.

They say you choose a dog that mirrors yourself…maybe Patricia picks players this way…

#CaptainLou
#GetThatManARubberBandOrTwo

I’m not very good at hard to get :man_shrugging:

I cant understand the thought that Joe Burrow is such a lock and this claim of him being the #1 QB head and shoulders better than Herbert in just one good season …Burrow 2 years ago had to transfer schools because he could not beat out J.T Barrett and Haskins was being given the starting job at Ohio State .
Joe Burrow as the starter just one short season ago for LSU completed just 57% of his passes . Coming into this season he was likely a 4th round pick and not remotely a top 10 QB coming into the season.
His season was incredible , NO DOUBT …but is he a one year wonder , that LSU team was special and the O-Line was great . I just cant dismiss 2018 and his lack of potential in Ohio State .

Because guys never improve when they are 22 or 23.

1 Like

Thanks Captain Obvious …Regardless he is the ultimate 1 year wonder that can not be argued & not only that, a one year wonder coming off an avg to bad QB season at best . Not a guy that excelled in his first opportunity.

No problem
Glad to see this board has a Mr. Know-it-all.
Welcome to ignoreland.

Burrow may be a one year wonder but Herbert has had 4 seasons of mediocre play. This is coming from a Ducks fan. He just hasnt been able to keep it together when the bullets are flying. Some of it has to do with the shitty O coordinator but Herbert leaves too many plays on the field for me to believe in him to be a great NFL QB.

Long snapper!

lol

Good …Perhaps had you had added something to the discussion instead of the nonsense above about age and improving which should be a given …The response would have been less smug

1 Like

And I’m not seeing it with Tua either. He’s so good when he’s got a clean pocket but he crumbles in the pocket under pressure.

1 Like

We see it very differently. I don’t evaluate Herbert on 4 seasons or on his record . It’s the throws made under the pressure he faced , the cannon arm , touch , mechanics , size , athleticism, brains …and consistency.

I watched the amazing season of Haskins, I’m an OS guy & wanted nothing to do with him at the NFL level

Herbert playing for Ohio State in 2018 or LSU in 2019 with what those team possessed and he is making history …The arm talent is not comparable . The insane throws made not comparable . As an an Oregon fan I get the frustration , I’m not an Oregon fan so I don’t have that possibly steering me .

Joe Burrow’s play this year is the best I can remember. 77.6% completion percentage on 10.9 Y/A. 55/6 TD/INT. Absolutely insane year.

And it’s not like he’s Ty Detmer or anything. He’s got solid arm talent and is a good athlete.

1 Like

Joe Burrow is the best passer of the football I’ve ever seen at the college level.

Cam Newton, Tebow and Vince Young may have been “better” players but I don’t know.

You can craft a damn good argument this is the best quarterback season in NCAA history

Sometimes people say “I’d bet my left nut that…”

I never understood that.

Like…why would you bet your nuts? You have plenty of other things to bet besides your nuts. And you certainly don’t shake on it. You might be joking but what if somebody took you seriously and walked around with your nuts the rest of your life? Besides, I have a wife and she already walks around with my nuts most of the time. Sometimes they break away when I’m drinking like Thor’s hammer when he calls for it.

No, I wouldn’t bet my nuts we won’t take a Quarterback with the 3OA pick. But I’d bet just about everything else. .

Agreed …but the production in 2019 was also very much a collaborative effort by a great team. The scheme , the separation gained , the protection , etc… it was an incredible season .

He just does not have in my eyes the Pro Level skill set of Herbert …The scheme the two played and the leash Herbert played under not remotely the same .

Funny thing is Lions2020 chimed in with his age comment and Herbert the 21 year old 4 year starter wont be 22 until right before the draft .

Wrath-SRT I read a lot of what you write but this take is crazy …The kid doesn’t even make all the NFL throws. He never shows his back to the Defense EVER . The offense does not ask him to for a reason . He played literally the entire season out of Shotgun and they lived in 11 personnel and his throws and offense were mostly of a horizontal nature by scheme …leading receivers on crosser’s and slants . I read somewhere Burrow threw less then 20 passes this season to a rec running a vertical route . The RPO aspect of the offense and that it was so damn successful for his RB’s only helped when he actually held on to the ball to throw it . He was incredibly accurate and real lucky as well . It was a great season one of the best ever. Best pure passer …not in my world .

I seriously think Joe has more than 20 touchdowns passes on vertical routes. Wherever you read that is wrong

It’s not …if you watched LSU’s games or tape the offense and the passes thrown are all crosser’s , slants and in routes . Quick passing game .This kid is not throwing seam routes, he is not throwing go routes or even quick fades or fade routes , stutter and go etc … He is certainly not firing bullets either .

The Offense Joe Brady brought in and his philosophy have been magic . The timing and trust he has with his receivers this year is incredible.

Do you care to make a wager?