Before we let Stafford off the hook

I’m not sure it was ridiculous (is yours the French Canadian spelling?).

The sideline was afraid the play wouldn’t get off in time. There was a second left and 3rd and 10 is way worse than 3rd and 5. I know we got to see that the previous play would have worked, but it was arguably prudent to call the time out.

Put yourself in Patricia’s shoes. Who gets blamed for delay of game? Coaches.

It’s the first game in the new offense. I did say a few weeks ago that there would be sputters.

If it’s still happening in game 5, then we should be screaming.

That’s so hard to say for sure in our positions, IMO.

Sure Mr. Angry Driver…just as you do with Jon Kitna and his performance in 2007

It’s so cute how much you love Stafford.

Also a LOT cheaper.

It sucks we never get that kind of competitive advantage.

“So cute how much you love Stafford”

Even cuter how much you obsess over him

Nothing is cute today, i’m still pissed over this game. I’m tired of figuring out who’s to blame. When do we get to start talking about good wins? How we match up with the best? 49yrs old and still can’t have a legit conversation about this team winning and being good. So sick of finding excuses, blame, and reason to defend anyone.

1 Like

@AngryDriver and @Richard_Parker

This isn’t going to happen on this forum. Refrain from childish tit for tat or you’re both gone.

7 Likes

Yeah, the timeout was unfortunate, but it didn’t mean we had to come out after the timeout on 3rd and 5 and shit the bed. You could have still executed the next play and moved the chains, but nah. Quitting is easier. Stafford saying “trust me, trust me”. Then, on the next play, we trusted him and he didn’t execute. We trusted him for 10 years and got nothing. He had a damn good game outside of a couple bonehead plays, but he was also part of the entire team that took the entire 4th quarter off.

Have to keep in mind the chess game of football too. We were running up the gut and a pass stops the clock. AZ was expecting a run play before the TO and were grouped for it

We dialed up the right call and it worked. But running the play we showed our hand. The defense then spread out and our receivers were guarded.

What we should have done was, once we spread out their defense a little, run the ball KJ can get five against a weaker front

1 Like

Kinda would had liked to see that fake handoff naked bootleg again, may have caught them off guard. But as stated, hindsight is 20/20.

1 Like

Mr. Nate I started it, I said something to him first so I will be the one to apologize here. I’m good sir. Thank you!

2 Likes

When you have averaged around 2.5 ypc, and you think you are going to just run for first downs and drain the clock, you take the ball out of your best player’s hands. We do not have the oL to do that. Mathew would have went out there and won that game for us, but they handcuffed him. Turn him loose. He’s going to make mistakes sometimes, as almost all QBs do. BUT - more often than not, he’ll tear the other team apart in a 2 minute drill. He could cure cancer and lots of the fans would complain. Truth is, in 2 minute offense, Mathew is spectacular. Let the guys keep playing football. We looked about as exciting as a soccer team that drops into a defensive shell with a one point lead - pathetic.

4 Likes

We were actually running pretty effectively in the 4th

I’ll tell you who lost trust, Bevell and Patricia! My trust, Stafford’s trust, and judging by the outcome, a lot of players.

Oh yes, the guy with all of the comeback wins doesn’t handle pressure, despite being the most pressured guy this weekend?

385 yards, 3 TD’s with no protection or running game and then the coaching staff goes into full wuss mode - yes go after Stafford?

2 Likes

Completely agree with this. Stafford was very good, today.

1 Like

I call it, “full idiot mode”, but, whatever.

1 Like

I’m not sure it was wuss mode. It was holding penalties (not on Stafford, just so we’re clear on that) that caused those two 3 and outs in the 3rd. And that is what let the Cardinals back in. If we get 2 first downs in either of those two drives, the Cards can’t catch up. The 3 and outs tired out the defense. Remember, we were missing some guys on D (Davis and Hand) that made the rotation thin.

The offense is far from blameless and Stafford was not mistake free. Lots of yards, yes, but also lots of attempts. And barely 60% completion. He’s better than that and you know it.

How much of the 40% incompletion ratio was a mistake. Factor in drops and throw aways, along with balls that gave a receiver a shot, but needed to be tucked into a window (where no defender had a shot). Dude was 3 TD with 0 picks, and a 110.0 efficiency rating.

If you want to pull the one stat you don’t like and try to use it as evidence that Matt didn’t have an amazing game, check the QB rankings after week 1. No matter what your metric is, Mathew had a great game. He had some misses (just like every single other QB in the league, no exception).