Ben Johnson is Killing It

I hope he’s better than he’s shown. So far his prove it deal has proven he sucks. Hopefully I’m wrong and he picks it up. If not, he can grab some pine once Jamo comes on board.

Chark would have had close to a 50 yard TD from the flea flicker on Sunday only for an excellent piece of recognition from Fuller who read what was unfolding and covered back to make a play. Chark had his man beaten and the ball was on the money.

I am confident he is better than we have seen so far.
I think he was a bit too amped up in first half of week 1 and dropped a ball. That is uncommon for him based on history.

I think he will get more comfortable in the offense and start making plays. His tape with Jacksonville is solid. He looked like a top not h #2 WR there… and ARSB will continue to be the focus of defenses for now… so Chark can hopefully enjoy the chum.

2 Likes

I think so too! He was inches away from 2 massive plays vs the Foreskins. It could have been 2 catches for 75 yards and a TD. And even though he didn’t catch those 2 balls, that still stretches the field and makes the safeties think twice and opens it up for Swift and Amon-Ra.

2 Likes

Ben Johnson’s best trait as a coach may be listening and learning.

He listens more and coaches less.

He learns more and teaches less.

If that makes sense…?

Ben has given up the reigns to Jared Goff and made this ‘his’ offense. What does Jared do best? What does Jared feel most comfortable with? That was a common theme this training camp when Goff was interviewed post practice. Goff has more control and input in this Lions offense.

Make no mistake Ben deserves a ton of credit and has his fingerprints all over this offense.

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this lately and think we could use a Marcedes Lewis type TE. A huge blocker type that can get the clutch high ball. I think he’s fit the role Nelson has been playing but also be able to pose a threat for a dump off.

I think this opens up a roster spot and gets rid of the need for a Cabinda.

Maybe not this year but down the line when we replace Jamal Williams.

1 Like

They are the #4 offense right now

Tied for second in points. Fourth in yards

Nelson was a TE in an earlier life…. he could probably catch a ball every 4 games or so if needed… but until somebody stops the Lions with that heavy set… it doesn’t really matter.

2 Likes

Wow completely forgot that about Nelson. Good point. I reallly hope he continues to develop then. I wonder he’s so athletic.

They were first (tied) when I wrote it and it was supposed to be funny, not get someone’s panties all bunched up.

2 Likes

Haha
Next we’ll be arguing whether we are the #2 offense or #4 offense!! :crazy_face:

Uncharted territory :flushed:

4 Likes

Hang Up Eye Roll GIF by Motorola

1 Like

Where are the Sandman Slomo’s these days? Haven’t seen em in a while !

1 Like

Bold @JimLiohey. I was sort of thinking the same thing. I’m by no means a hater of Hock. His poor blocking has turned me off more than anything else. But his second half catch vs Commanders was pretty solid.

I don’t think he’s anything you couldn’t get out of a solid 3-5th round pick once he’s developed (James Mitchell)? I’d imagine we will not pick up Hock’s 5th year option. But who knows. If Brad/Dan feel he’s the type of guy who can make that one play that can mean the difference between a playoff berth and going home, then maybe they hold onto him. All that said, I am a fan of Brock Wright. He just gets it done on limited snaps. And he blocks.

We already did! We might not all like Hock, but he’s here for 2 more years. We might as well get behind him. I see flashes of talent for sure, hope he can be more consistent for sure.

1 Like

I think that was the one where he made a clean, fully extended hands catch and there was a safety a few yards behind him just waiting to snatch an overthrow.

1 Like

I put some blame on him for the week one loss. If we all agree the pick six was the difference and definitely part of that was on Goff. The reason is was third and 16 and not third and 6 was because of a Hock penalty. Then he runs the wrong route to boot

2 Likes

It would be different if he was even a half assed blocker, but he is not.
I read a post somewhere on here and the poster said he acts like a top TE because he hangs out with the elite TE’s but he just isn’t elite. I thought he was going to be great but he is another 1st round miss IMO.

1 Like

Dude you act like a guy that hasn’t watch the games just reading the stat lines. The bar tender needs to cut you off of the Kool aid you seem alittle tipsy. You must of missed the first 1/2 of the first game. Husker is spot on and is pro Goff . Some can’t take a honest opinion that see the good and the bad. Same with Holmes you question that guy on anything, even thou his 2nd rds have been horrible. People still trying to portray Levi as a solid pic. And now Pascal neither can even get on the field.

Any buddy watching J Goff and think he’s the 2nd best QB in the league because stats tell you that , should probably stip watching because your not getting much out of it.

1 Like