Blough released!

He’s a Lion for now.

We now have to root for Sudfeld …

to never see the field.

3 Likes

He did have 700 yards rushing and 12 rushing TD’s that year. So 20 total TD’s. The interceptions were very high though for sure.

Maybe this has been said, but this shows that entering camp without a solid No. 2 was a MASSIVE miscalculation.

4 Likes

Well played sir.

Agreed! They must have really thought Boyle and Blough were better than they really are. At least they are admitting the mistake and moving on. But the killer B’s experiment was a disaster.

It is really difficult to find quality backups though. Not many teams have a good one.

1 Like

And it feels like the board was in about 90% in agreement, with the remaining 10% thinking “maybe it won’t be so bad?”

Announcer voice: “It was not that bad… it was worse…”

1 Like

Time to get Ryan Fitzpatrick on the horn…

Ok I will give him that, but IMO we don’t need a rushing QB and that was in the CFL :slight_smile:

Well you’re in luck because Sudfeld can’t move at all.

3 Likes

Yea I am not excited about Sudfeld either after watching some lowlights

I just got a call from Jon

2 Likes

No to Mafia Fitz

One thing we did find out, if Dan says something about “clarity”, you’re about to get cut.

3 Likes

I remember getting lambasted for suggesting we bring in a backup caliber QB. Not sure where the other 90% of the board was. Maybe the 10% was just really loud. So many interpreted it as daring to challenge Goff.

what I didn’t understand is why they thought Boyle was a good idea at all. We all watched him try and fill in for Goff last season. I was at that Seattle game. He’s a terrible QB. With Blough there was some question

We should have bailed on Boyle last year and seen what Blough could do in games. Then the picture would have been a little more clear

1 Like

Makes passing on Howell hurt a little more.

I have always been a fan of using a later pick on QB’s year after year. They RARELY pan out but it’s a low risk high reward move.

Or I have a crappy memory for message board posts…

If you want to hear a commercial jingle for a discontinued kids cereal from like 30 years ago? Tell you a president from like 150 years ago? I’m your guy. What did I eat for dinner two nights ago? Couldn’t tell you. Even though I made it…

1 Like

I also wanted Howell, but I wouldn’t characterize it as the Lions “passing” on him.

After picking S Kerby Joseph (definitely a need), at No. 97 overall, the Lions didn’t have another pick until No. 177 overall [James Mitchell]. The Lions sent pick No. 181 to the Philadelphia Eagles for selections No. 188 [Malcolm Rodriguez], and No. 237 [Chase Lucas].

The Lions traded their 4th Rd pick [No. 107 overall], to the Browns in 2021 to move up to take Barnes.

The Lions traded their 5th Rd pick [No. 145 overall], as part of the deal for Trinity Benson.

Howell went the very first pick in Rd 5 to the Commanders, so even if the Lions still had the Trinity Benson pick, it wasn’t very likely they would’ve gotten Howell without a trading up, which would have cost them one of their later round picks or perhaps a 2023 4th Rd pick.

Challenge Goff? At this point I would be happy if they could challenge the local car wash attendant!

1 Like

That’s fair. I may have mischaracterized a bit.

Still wish we had snagged him