Bryce Young- is he even 5’11”?

The running backs are good/very good, receivers are ok, o-line is pretty bad. Lots of guys do play with that, but Stroud doesn’t, he has a clean pocket most of the time and better weapons. Will Levis plays with mediocre players and can’t do a thing with it.

Joe Burrow was on the most stacked team of all time in a system that nobody could defend and he is still a good NFL QB.

Your college supporting cast and system aren’t great indicators of NFL success. They can tell you something, but at the end of the day you’re evaluating the football player you’re taking.

4 Likes

Compared to what they’ve been rolling out there the last half decade Alabama’s skill position situation sucks.

1 Like

The Texans will take Anderson at #1 cuz their not nearly as dumb as half this board.

3 Likes

I doubt that happens. They’ll sell the pick to the highest bidder or take a QB.

2 Likes

I get that.

He also accounted for 6,000 yards and 65 TDs with just 6 ints and a 202.0 rating. He’s also 6’3’ 220 and pretty quick.

If Bryce Young had that season, then I’d be able to overlook the size……

I’m saying that if Bryce Young’s supporting cast is the excuse for regression, he’s in trouble at the next level.

Burton, Brooks, Holden, Latu and Gibbs rank much higher against the weekly completion than we’ve run out there with Kennedy, Zylstra, Wright, C Reynolds, J Reynolds, J Jackson etc

1 Like

Right now that’s what I’d do.

Anderson at #1

QB at #10

The chance of Anderson going 1 is extremely low. I’ll take that bet all day long.

2 Likes

The Alabama o-line is so crappy that they struggle to even use Gibbs between the tackles because they’re not winning the battle and he’s not powerful or violent. They have to use the other guy. That’s not something you would see with the Detroit Lions. We consistently win the line of scrimmage battle. That’s why Jamaal Williams leads the league in TDs.

1 Like

Houston is taking a QB at 1OA.

I doubt Anderson goes top 2.

If I were the Lions and had Anderson and Carter to choose from I might just take Carter over Anderson. That’s a tough call. Probably deserves it’s own thread.

2 Likes

Stroud is currently plus 190… Young and Anderson are +250… Levis is plus 1400

I could be dead wrong but this is what I see playing out…

Will Anderson will blow up the combine. His work ethic and motivation of teammates is top shelf. I see him going all in to combine train… IE- Saquon…. If he’s 6’4” and 245-250 and runs 4.5 with agility numbers to match and a solid vertical and bench…. Then he’s in the Von or Garrett territory. He could be a Derrick Thomas or LT type edge. His stock will go up with a sack or 2 in the bowl and then kill the combine

CJ Stroud- he’s a lightning rod here due to yesterdays game…. MHJ aside… let’s not forget he played all year without what was thought to be the nations #1 WR- his stats over the past 2 years are better across the board than Young. He’s likely 4-5” taller and will likely run about the same. I think he should play in the bowl and light it up, and then stand next to Young as often as possible at the combine. STROUD ISNT THOUGHT OF AS A FIERY LEADER… IF HE CHOOSES TO PLAY IN THE BOWL GAME AND PLAYS WELL IT COULD MOVE THE NEEDLE…. That said? He may prefer to end up in Carolina, Detroit, etc. Houston is a true mess

Young- will be okay on the bowl game? Rest to stay healthy? Whether it’s fair or not, not getting Bama to the BCS will be an indictment of him. Like Goff in 2019- When he measure small as hell, and doesn’t have 60mph ball speed, many may wonder what makes him elite?

Spoiler alert- I think Jamo made him elite. He ran around and improvised until Jamo was gone!

J Carter- he will have a shot to show off these next 3 games. I don’t care what scheme he’s in… if you are FREAK… throw the guy across from you on the ground and kill the QB. That seems to work in any scheme. If he’s truly capable of ragging guys like AD, then he should ask his coach to let him to help his draft status.

• combine will be huge for him. Sub 4.9 forty with 1.66 10 yards…. 28 plus bench. 33” plus vertical. Unless he kills the combine, his Jack of production will scare people.

Start one. I’d love to see that.

Just did.

2 Likes

I agree with a lot of that. I don’t think the NFL is nearly hung up on Bryce’s size as some on this board though. The 1970s called and they want their big burly QB back.

1 Like

Brother. He’s spud Webb small though.

Spud Webb was/is 5’7".

I think Bryce may measure 5’9. He’s clearly shorter than Metchie and not a bunch taller than Saban

I used spud as he was a novelty act at 5’7”…

I Thomas 6’1”
A Iverson 6’0”
C Paul 6’0”
Steph Curry 6’2”
Ja Morant 6’2”
Trae Young 6’1”
Donavan Mitchell 6’1”
Kyrie 6’2”
John Stockton 6’1”
Steve Nash 6’3”
Russel Westbrook 6’3
Kenny Anderson 6’1”
Kevin Johnson 6’1”

Most of the top PGs in NBA history are 6’1”-6’2” on average… many also at 6’4” ish…

Kind of like nfl QBs at 6’2” to 6’3” on average and outliers at 6’5 or 6’6” like Allen and Herbert…

There are very, very few top rated PGs in NBA history under 5’11”

Same with NFL QBs.

Charlie Casserly made the same call, with Houston no less, and got fired for his efforts. DE’s don’t sell Jerseys and season tickets. I would trust pretty much every single regular on this board, and definitely you Rick, to make a better call than Cal McNair. Never underestimate the ability of ego tripping ownership to F up a wet dream.

5’9" now, he’s shrinking like an inch a day. In less that 2 weeks he’ll be 4 foot something. :grinning:

2 Likes

mini GIF

Bryce Young in the mind of the Denizens, pre-combine. :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes