Calijah Kancey - Thoughts and Where Would You Take Him?

Tuli tuipulotu was more productive. But he plays all over the place so maybe he doesn’t qualify. Significantly bigger than Kancey though.

He doesn’t get talked about much but his production is about as good as it gets. Was defensive player of the year in the PAC-12. Is it called that? Lol

1 Like

YES!

Guys with crazy production fail in the NFL every year. Just look at every TT QB not named Mahones. College production is nice, buy you have to have the physical attributes to make it translate to the NFL.

But he might not have been born yet…

1 Like

He is top 15 pick on PFF board. And a inside pass rusher 3t type fits this team well.

You mean like Rodrigo and Houston even St .Brown ?

3 Likes

Remind me what rounds they were drafted in again? I have no problems taking him in the 3rd… i have a feeling when his arm length and weight is measured he wont look as appealing

1 Like

Did there play transfer to the NFL ? He wasn’t talking about RDs he was talking about there game transferring to the NFL because of there physical make up.

1 Like

Just looking at him, I expect he will get moved to DE by some NFL team.

I see him as a poor man’s ed Oliver. He has his moments but also is a liability. Ed was more explosive and stronger…

If he tests less explosively than ed with less muscle mass and shorter arms do you still want him at #18???

I admit i wanted Ed over Hock. I admit i was wrong to want Ed at all. And i do not see Kancey as being as good a prospect. And on film he looks like he will be jealous of t-rex arms when he gets meassured.

1 Like

Yea, that was kinda my point. If Kancey starts sliding due to his size Holmes will swoop in.

1 Like

Is six deuce (now five deuce) “mr blastoff” DeMeTrius Taylor in anyones future theories? He is still on the futures/reserves roster. He also came from a small school and could eventually develop.

1 Like

When he measures with rinky-dink arms he will start to slide, and I fully expect Brad to have some interest. When I thought you could get him in the 3rd I thought Brad would be all over it, he ticks all of the boxes on @Davicus 's ‘what does Brad like’ post… except for the fact he’s a major size outlier.

2 Likes

Oh the hype train last preseason, many posters had him in the hall of fame already. haha

I’m sure a full nfl offseason of training would help. Come August, he will be headed back to Hall of Fame again.

1 Like

From his pro day…“Pitt DT Calijah Kancey stood on his remarkable 4.67 combine 40 clocking with a super quick 1.64 split, but added to his legacy with a 33.5-inch vertical and reported shuttle times of 4.33 in the SS and 6.82 in the 3-cone, both of which would have left the rest of the positional field in the dust at the combine.”

2 Likes

You almost have to draft him because you can’t be the GM that passed on him if he is the outlier.

The risk is worth the reward in this case

3 Likes

But statistically speaking he has the lowest probability of success of pretty much anyone in the entire draft (based on his arm length alone). I hope he does well. But i would not draft him. 0% success rate in the past with arms that short. Zero.

Id draft Benton over him at any draft slot

1 Like

Based on what? AA had better measurables, including arm length, and he had more tackles, why is he not a must draft?

AA looks like a 3rd round DE who blew up the combine. They are projecting him inside , so he’s a project. How many more DE converts to rush inside do we need?

Give me the elite 3T DT that’s been doing it for years with Aaron Donald mentoring him

1 Like

Yes I do.