Carter pleads no contest to charges from wreck

Well, that is definitely one way to look at it.

I still think the key here is bring Carter in for a team visit. Work him out, see what his conditioning level is really like in a private setting without all the cameras and then sit down and interview and get to know him for several hours. Talk to his family, teammates, coaches.

The dude clearly needs to get off the roads and take a break from driving for awhile. Get back to focusing on football. Do you really love football Jalen!? Do you have that dog in you to grind through a 17 game nfl season!? Ask him extremely difficult questions about the racing and the night in question. Do you have the GRIT it takes to get up and keep fighting through hard times!?

Only time will tell. And at the end of the day, his actions will speak way louder than his words.

3 Likes

Bro → our seasons are at least 19 games now

1 Like

Bye, 2 home playoff games, and the super bowl! 20 games, my bad, please forgive me!

2 Likes

:muscle: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Article didn’t specify who told him he could leave. I would assume it was 911 dispatch based on the fact his passenger was on the phone with them. Once emergency personnel are on site, they generally try to clear the area.

Being on the ■■■■■■ end of the judicial system here in Oklahoma and seeing first hand the deception and stupidity- I simply fully embrace either story. The truth is in the middle somewhere.

But, I tried to make all my posts in this about the fact this kid is scared for life and will need help

Nate! This is spot on and love you for it.

If our leadership feels they could melt this kid grow as a human being then I’m for it…,

I can’t and will not take a side as I’ve seen personally the bullshit lawyers and police and prosecutors will do and say to simply win; ■■■■ the truth and integrity

Prayers this kid find healing BX or his soul! No matter where he goes!!

4 Likes

You ever get a speeding ticket? I have, got one my 4th week of college driving home from Ann Arbor to Saginaw doing 88mph in my Chevette. Know why I was doing 88? Because the car wouldn’t go faster.

Only things I’d rely on are his film and an in person meeting. All you can ask at this point is for him to accept responsibility for his actions. To plead no contest and accept the penalties speak volumes and is more than I expected. Not painting him as a saint, but not going to hold this incident against him without being able to interview him.

According to Walter football, their latest 2024 mock draft had the Lions drafting 31st (no trade down), so that’s a minimum of 20 games.

3 Likes

Yes. One. 5 over on Eureka between Middlebelt and Wayne. I wasn’t paying attention and followed traffic and happened to be last in line.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Better man than I. Honestly don’t remember the last time I drove the speed limit.

2 Likes

So they have us losing in the super bowl… ■■■■■■■!!!

3 Likes

Yep. Imagine the mayhem across the state if the Lions were to make it to the Superbowl for the first time and loose.

Just sayin’…

That release, while it does put him in a better light, doesn’t change the original assumption that he was sent home by The Cleaner.

TC, I appreciate your rough edges and strong opinions. Full stop.

You’re off base with that one.

1 Like

Not judging one way or another but whose bright idea was it to schedule his pro day right before his trial? Maybe this is why he tanked. Probably a nervous wreck.

3 Likes

Here’s a story about how teams will take talent when its available. If you recall Nebraska had a DE named Randy Gregory. He failed his drug test at the combine, which is a huge red flag. Then during the process after that, where he should be on his best behavior to explain that he’s a good kid that just made a mistake…he missed at least 3 team meetings! That is on top of the meetings he was over an hour late for. One report of a missed team meeting had him in the city of the team. He flew into town, then vanished. Never showed up to meet with the team. Then flew back. WTF?

And then with all of that he still became a 2nd round pick. And what’s worse is that he clearly isn’t worth the hassle, and you can tell with the number of missed games and lack of sack production. But Denver gave him a 5 year $70M contract anyways!

1 Like

So you are insinuating a cover up………

I get have an opinion based on the facts of the case or the evidence that is known to us……but assuming that this is all theater and this kid is being taken care of is dangerous……Better to to trust then to be cynical.

Wild! And really surprising Dallas picked him, haha

1 Like

I’m taking the @DeadDog approach he mentioned above!

1 Like