Chark signs with Carolina

It was about target share. His best bet at one last big contract is to put up number 1 WR numbers. No shot of him doing that here.

Wait a minute, one year for 5 mil ?!? WTF

Doesn’t really make sense to me. What am I missing? This is my first post in this thread.

1 Like

And safe to say this board grossly overvalued what Chark did last season (I should say didn’t do).

He is what he is…a player they doesn’t live up to the profile and who can’t stay healthy.

Happy this is over. The arguments on this topic drove me nuts :joy:

JD9 I’ll give you credit - you called it! I was wrong.

2 Likes

I don’t need credit bro! And it’s all good. I would’ve loved to have him back on a one year deal. I just didn’t think what he did to close out the year was enough to erase his career history.

1 Like

Is that accurate? Seems like more than that on just this highlight reel

1 Like

He had the deep pass to Chark against Vikings and the one to Raymond in Green Bay…. plus his 41-yarder to Jamo.

I am guessing the Jamo pass didn’t reach 40 air yards because he was so open that Goff threw it a little short to be cautious.

I agree we are going to move him all over the place. But if I recall when Holmes called Jamo to tell him we were picking him he said “Come in here, get healthy, take the top off the defense and be the dawg you are”

Chark was the burner deep threat. Now Jamo is the guy to ‘take the top off’

Yeah he had double digit 40 yard completions if I’m not mistaken. But only two with 40+ air yards.

But like I said maybe he threw a ton of 20+ air yard passes…I just don’t know.

Yeah, totally agree.

Another thought, do we get a comp pick for this? Still can’t figure how this shit works.

I think it will count in the formula, yes. But most were counting on it to cancel out Sutton, which it clearly doesn’t. If we get any comp picks next year, it’ll be because someone hired Glenn or Agnew away from us.

We are going to need a link for that stat. Clearly our memories of the season cloud our ability to understand this stat.

As a side note I looked up Goff’s overall yardage metrics and he was 9th in total air yards and 4th in yards after catch. The YAC is important because it is a core part of Goff’s game.

1 Like

I’m not discrediting Goff in any way here. Im just simply stating he doesn’t chuck it deep very often.

The Lions also might run the fewest screens in the league. That might attribute to Goff being 9th in air yards. But again that has nothing to do with what I was saying.

Disagree, I believe people here feel like they are losing prime DJ Chark which if I’m honest is better than I had anticipated. Prime DJ which we only experienced for a handful of games was actually better than I expected. The problem being, it’s the number of games.
Was it worth $10m? No, I don’t believe it was.

1 Like

Still waiting on the link. This is an interesting stat that should be shared with everyone. Its certainly an eye opener.

I don’t need to prove anything to you. You are a poster I do not respect and don’t care to engage with. Your board goal is to be condescending and belittling. You want to find it to disprove it, be my guest. Proving myself to you means absolutely nothing to me.

Apparently no team in the NFL did

1 Like

What do you mean by this? What did he say?

Is that really true or is it this what charm emanr all’s long when he said “it’s a business” he’s taking a risk on himself similar to what CJGJ did.

He knows he has an opportunity to step in and be the guy and prove himself and is willing to take less than the eagles/lions offered him.

Something that would have been limited on his old team. I think he might have taken the week to decide on taking such a low amount. However based on that number I don’t think the numbers were too far off. Probabaly 5 million with incentives (that chark knew would be nearly possible to reach behind ARSB and Jamo)