Chark visiting Carolina tommorow

Jamo will never be a 100 catch guy in this offense with St Brown. It’s just not his game and why force it when you have St Brown.

Let him be that 70 catch 1,200 yard WR

Brown is already that 110 catch 1,200 yard WR.

That is assuming Jamo pans out and both remain healthy.

Chark and Jamos speed on the field at the same time is going to open up this offense more than a lot of us realize.

2 Likes

Here this argument often. Don’t you want Goff to develop that chemistry with Jamo? Does that chemistry with Goff benefit us more than opening the opportunity for Goff and Jamo to grow?

It could be a significant hindrance in their connection. But what do I know, Chark apparently is a stud.

Why can’t Goff develop this chemistry with Jamo with Chark on the roster. Goff and Chark really showed great chemistry towards the end of the year. He clearly already has a rapport with St. Brown.

If we don’t re-sign Chark and Jamo flops, we are screwed at WR, unless we take one high in the draft, or Brad finds a mid round gem.

Chark gives us a ton of flexibility moving forward and we don’t have to put all our chips in the Jamo basket.

I am/was a huge Jamo fan BTW. Favorite WR that came out last year and I think he still has Tyreek Hill type potential.

3 Likes

I didn’t say it couldn’t happen. I said it could be a possible hindrance for them. I want Jamo to be that guy and I think he’s going to be. Don’t want to see Goff fall in love with Chark at the expense of Jameson.

I’m not that worried about it. I’m not that worried about Chark returning for a bloated price like I was a week ago. If he signs for 6-8m AAV it’s all good. Just hope Goff treats him as his 3rd best WR. If Jamo takes a back seat to DJ Chark I’m gonna be ■■■■■■■ pissed all season.

I guess I have a different mindset on this. I really don’t care if Jameson takes a backseat or not, thats on him. There are clearly some work ethic/maturity concerns, even if relatively minor. If we hand him the #2 WR spot without earning it I doubt those concerns begin to get better. Make him earn it.

4 Likes

Goff in real time on the field has already shown he can spread the ball around…

Being able to keep Chark imho, allows Jamo to adjust without as much stress…

I want the both!

9 Likes

The make him earn it stance is so overblown it’s ridiculous. Yes, he has to “earn it” but this in the NFL and he was traded up for and picked 12th. He is 2x as talented as Chark and it’s Jamos job to lose. If he proves he can’t get it done on Sundays fine. But I don’t care if DC is a god, if he runs Chark out as WR2 and Jamo as WR3 week 1 that’s a problem.

Good point, Goff really spreads the ball around. If you are open, he will find you. His 3 favorite targets last year might surprise some people. St. Brown, Swift and Kalif had the most catches on the team. Now Monty is a good receiver as well. Plus Reynolds and of course Jamo. Lots of mouths to feed.

Chark only caught 30 passes all season on 52 targets. So, yes he showed some potential when he was healthy, but this Goff to Chark chemistry theme is a bit overblown.

I would have to strongly disagree here. That goes completely against EVERYTHING this staff preaches. They are constantly saying how every guy has the same opportunity and the best man plays. If Jamo has bad practice habits still and doesn’t put forth the effort of his peers, what kind of message does that send handing him a starting job? Do you think his teammates wouldn’t notice?
Literally makes zero sense.

I am playing the what if game here. Jamo could come back for OTA’s ready to rock and light up practice. He may squash every single concern we have about him. That is up to him though, and he shouldn’t be given anything.

Remember, Okudah was the #3 overall pick in the draft and he is battling two UDFA’s and a 3rd rounder to start. Does that mean Okudah should be starting day 1 since clearly he has more talent being the 3rd overal pick?

4 Likes

It would be a problem. A problem that Williams couldn’t win the job despite having all kinds of talent.

2 Likes

I’m not worried about that at all.

Goff has always been a premier distributor. If the team has receivers that are NFL-caliber and run the right routes, Goff is going to deal it to whoever’s open. As long as Jamo executes the play and Ben dials his number up, Goff will send plenty of passes his way. Chark being there is just going to make everything easier for everyone.

5 Likes

reeling go fish GIF by Newcastle Northstars

1 Like

If that’s your stance, if this hypothetical scenario plays out then would it be reasonable to say maybe he wasn’t worth the #12 overall pick? Maybe the eval in the scenario you laid out above was the problem

I should’ve kept my mouth shut…I know better than that lol

1 Like

Wide receivers that have been healthier than him and more productive got the money some of yall swore he would easily get.

I don’t think we undervalued him.

Also everything about the offense opening up when he’s healthy is true but that also applies to Deandre Swift and a lot of people are trying to throw him away while saying we should pay Chark

Why not both?

4 Likes

Im not an advocate of throwing Swift away. Im all for having Swift this yr. Im also aware he hasn’t stayed healthy his career.

Chark outside of the broken then reaggravated ankle has been as healthy as a normal WR. The ankle could happen to anyone. There’s more leeway with me on something like that.

He came back and looked good, he and Goff have a chemistry, Ben, Goff, St. Brown all want him back because he opens up the field.

The idea of Brown and Chark on the outside, really opens things up for Jamo in the slot. That kind if speed in the open field, due to Chark drawing a S on one side and St. drawing the other on the otherside should be a huge problem for opposing Ds.

Neither St. Or Chark are getting the ball in that scenario. However, because of the respect they are forced to have with St, and Chark, Jamo benefits

3 Likes

Take out Charks 2020 season…he has missed 10 of a possible 49 games since his rookie year. Still missing over 20%. Swift has missed 10 games out of his possible 50, also 20%.

If Swift is criticized for being injury prone, Chark absolutely should be too.

Chark flat out has a problem staying healthy. Deny it all you want but it’s a fact.

Chark has also always been a mild-mediocre contributor dating back to college. He’s never played to the level of his athletic profile. And that’s been the beef I’ve had with him. 47 yards a game in the NFL and it was the same in college. He’s really sexy on paper, not on the field.

1 Like

The hindersnce is Jamo he has to want to put in the work , Chark , St Brown and others were working out together but no Jamo he choose to do his own thing. I feel much better with Chark on board till Jamo shoes something.

I’d like to see Chark back, but think he’s going to be out of the Lions price range.

3 Likes