Chark visiting Carolina tommorow

I think something people are forgetting about the offense early in the season was Hockenson was a very big part of the arsenal. Like him or not he had to be accounted for by the defense.

I like Hock, but the offense looked better without him. Most of Goff’s interceptions early in the season were on passes intended for Hock. They were clearly not always on the same page.

4 Likes

Hock is a weird case. Everything you are saying is correct, but he looked really good in Minnesota. It might just be that Goff doesn’t use a TE. But because Hockenson was our second best WR, Goff forced it to him. He didn’t throw much to his TEs in LA either.

I don’t know exactly but thats all I can think of.

1 Like

Well with nothing said about being signed YET by the Panthers…… seems that for sure Detroit should be in the mix.

Just saying

3 Likes

Agree, seems the longer this goes on the better the chances Chark ends up back here on a reasonable deal.

3 Likes

Agreed. Chark is getting a dose of reality that he didn’t prove anything last year. Other than he is what he is…not gonna cash in on profile alone.

3 Likes

1 year deal worth 6 million, with a games played incentives to make up 10 mill would be my offer. Take it or start swimming.

Stay healthy, have a career year, and then you’ll get paid, simple as that!

5 Likes

Go look at TJs stats

I’m just 7 games, he still had the 5th most receptions and the 4th highest Ypc

If you double those state he could have been close to 100 catch’s and 1000 yards….

My silly opinion but I’m thinking he was too much WR and not enough blocking maybe. And of course cost….

The unknown for me is was he gelling with leadership change or not

1 Like

Chark on the Chiefs radar???

and posting his Lions highlights…

2 Likes

Chark would be crazy to come back to Detroit on another prove it deal, especially with the Chiefs interested.

This is an offense that emphasizes the run and likes to spread the ball around. He also has a ton of competition for targets. I’d be wants to get paid the Chiefs are clearly the way to go.

Now if it was a multi year deal that’s a little different.

2 Likes

Chiefs don’t have radar technology. There a bunch of dumb injuns!

1 Like

Any cap experts can chime in? Do the chiefs have a bunch of extra cap or anything? I wouldn’t think so with all of their recent success, but I am not the pro here. @DeadStroke - any insight?

The Chiefs are one of the best run teams in the NFL right now. They don’t use their credit card much (simple restructures to free up current year cap space), lowest 3rd in league. They don’t have a lot of cap space (middle of the pack), but they can create cap space to get whoever they want.

5 Likes

They like bargain shopping at WR. Traded Tyreek because they didn’t want to pay him. Signed Juju last year for 1 year 4 mill, he wanted more money in free agency they him walk to the Patriots on a 3 year deal. KC would most likely only be interested in Chark on a short term prove it deal, kinda like the Lions should be offering.

But Chark may be very tempted to join them… who wouldn’t be. They won the Super Bowl last year and you get Mahomes tossing you the ball and Andy Reid calling the plays. Can’t beat that.

2 Likes

I think the coverage of the Chiefs and perhaps they’re own belief is misaligned with reality. There is this perception that they’re a cut above. IMO they’re pretty much on equal footing with 2-3 other AFC teams and perhaps the Eagles and 49ers.

We’ll run franchise for sure. Just don’t know if I see a Patriots like dynastic future in the cards.

Not to mention they’ll have to deal with the Lions in the Super Bowl!

3 Likes

Clap Good Job GIF by Team Coco

1 Like

Well if I’m a WR taking a 1 yr deal to improve my stock to get a big deal next year I’d be going to KC even if it was a little less money this year. On the other hand Chark might just take the highest offer he can get with his injury history knowing any game could be his last.

5 Likes

Or he decided the grass is greenest where he already is at…

Then we can beat KC in the SB this next season too!! :upside_down_face::crazy_face::heart::+1::pray:

2 Likes

My question is why would KC want a player as bad and injury prone as Chark is ?

So I’ve been told

1 Like