D. Watson

To me it comes across as a college type booster who takes care of the players needs and then uses it against that player for his own interests. Perhaps consensual sex becomes rape when the proper pressure is put on the ladies.

1 Like

I think he gets suspended for a season and a half.

If you hear some of the girls stories, that is definitely what happened with them. Not all, just some. They went back and got assaulted 2-3 more times. “He assaulted me in June, then I went back in July and again in August.” Wait…what? Another girl said he asked for a BJ and she gave it to him, but she “felt bad about it” so she joined the suit.

Girls like that should have stayed out of the case because it hurts the girls that have a compelling story.

4 Likes

And yet the Browns still traded a king’s ransom for him.

1 Like

Yea, that’s messed up and makes no sense. Why would she keep going back!?

2 Likes

Because cash talks and BS walks?

I mean, these women are probably not rich, and just because they went back doesn’t mean there wasn’t an escalation of harassment on Watson’s part. The first time he grabs their butt or gets a boner or whatever, the second time is something else, third time etc…

I can’t blame them for going to work for a high profile client and getting paid… and then dealing with some harassment, but when the harassment crosses a line, whichever line that is for them, it changes…

I dunno, it’s a weird evolving story and I agree with what many of you have said above, it’s not a black and white situation and probably some truth on both sides.

A wise man once told me there’s 3 sides to every story, what each side said and then what actually happened… and that’s what I hope comes out of it in some way is the truth.

2 Likes

This thing could fuck over the browns real bad for a few years.

1 Like

So did the Rams :wink:

For the record, I don’t think much of Watson as both a player and a person. He is a sportscenter highlight player. He is one of my least favorite players to watch. He single handedly kills a handful of drives a game trying to play backyard football.

Silly decision imo. Their window is right now. They should’ve given baker this year to see if he’s the guy. And if he’s not, trade that package they just traded for Watson for the #1 pick. Your window extends under a rookie QB. Now they shelled out all that money for a questionable QB on and off the field.

They had the ability to compete for a decade plus…and just went all in on this guy. Barf!

Or owner…

boston bruins hockey GIF by NHL

robert deniro GIF

1 Like

I will preface this to be clear this is just my opinion and isn’t a statement of fact in any way…

…but I think the fact that they do have a window right now is exactly why they need to move on from Baker Mayfield. He’s not the guy. Being drafted where he was is the only reason he has even been given the chances that he has and why fans are talking about giving him another chance. He’s had 4 seasons to put it all together, and IMO failed in 3.5 out of those 4 years. And its the WAY that he has failed that brings me to the opinion that he should be moved on from.

He has been given the weapons. He has been given the run game. But when you watch him play, he seems to make too many bad decisions but more importantly makes too many errant throws to open receivers. When we criticize Goff there are several reasons for it. When we criticized a young Stafford it was for several reasons. Regularly missing throws to open receivers by 4 yards isn’t one of them. I think this will always keep his interceptions artificially high and always limit his completion percentage. His best season was when the team found a way to limit his passing attempts. When a team has a top running game and some of the best weapons in the league…that’s alarming.

You can definitely make an argument that the window is now and that’s why they acquired Watson. He might get suspended for the entire year tho, and if that is the case, wouldn’t you rather trade the assets you just traded in the Watson deal for pick #1? Top QB in next years draft on that roster seems like a long term winning formula to me. Now they have Watson who may be two full years away from football making ~1/5 of their salary cap.

I’m not a Watson believer so that probably skews my opinion some.

He’s got a terrible attorney:

It’s a no-brainer than when he finally sees the field they’re going to brand his comeback as “Remix to Ignition.”

After torpedoing the case with his happy ending comments, he should be forced to turn off the billing meter and work pro boner from this point on…which I guess, he has been doing all along, philosophically…

9 Likes

24th case expected to be filed Monday

Hopefully, if they were willing to sign this douchebag in spite of everything then they deserve to get fucked

1 Like

24 different women!? Where the hell did he even find the time.

24 women…Wilt Chamberlain chuckles

7 Likes