D. Watson

When you score 100 points in a single game… the chicks will find you!

3 Likes

Yeah any good lawyer can figure out their way around a non disclosure… I would think anyway (I’m not a lawyer).

But that’s what I was kind of alluding to before. You get that kind of offer, you’re not going to turn it down. However, what’s the line between getting your butt checked out vs flashing your junk?

I don’t blame the women. And if Watson thought 100k could make it OK for him to do what he allegedly did, well, then he’s just an asshole.

saul goodman GIF

4 Likes

ummm I thought the ad said ‘massage the rapist’

6 Likes

It’s seems like bad taste to give that a thumb @TNutZz. But then I did it.

1 Like

NFL really taking their time on this one.

Do we think the civil proceedings need to be resolved before they do anything?

Lebron Cleveland GIF by Laff

2 Likes

I’m a bit conflicted about this. I think Watson is a scumbag but I also think the “good ole boy” network either directly affiliated with or at arms length from the Texans is also at play here. I’m thinking that what’s Watson did was inappropriate but might not have crossed the threshold to force the NFL to throw the book at him. I think around the start of the season barring any major developments a 4 to 8 game suspension will be handed down.

If one acts pretty damn creepy with 24 women in three years then the NFL really has to do something. Look at what Trevor Bauer got. All eyes on the NFL. 8 games IMO.

4 Likes

MLB nuked Bauer for 2 full seasons After putting him on “WTF do we do with this asshole” paid leave for a full season before that.

MLB has a few domestic incidents, but no one in the public knows who Marcel Ozuna is, really…

NFL has Ray Rice on tape blasting his GF in the face, with her unconscious skull then bouncing off the elevator rail as she fell, then dragged off by 1 leg like Fred and Wilma Flintstone after 4 martinis each on sexy time night

Kareem Hunt drop kicking a girl in a hotel…on tape…

Rae Carruth replaying the end of the Scarface Lihddle Frehnd scene with his car while his pregnant girlfriend is in the trunk.

AP playing a Phill Collins drum solo on his kids balls…

Henry Ruggs launching a woman and her dog to the moon, screaming like they were on the space shuttle Challenger

Countless other DV allegations…

8 games smells like a minimum. I think a year, with a possible appeal down to 12 games, or one half per happy ending.

2 Likes

There is a lot of pressure on the league for sure. A bigger suspension wouldn’t shock me.

2 Likes

Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio believes the Browns could void Deshaun Watson’s contract if he’s suspended for conduct related to the latest allegations against him.

Florio said Watson’s contract with Cleveland – which made him the highest paid player in NFL history – “exempts from the standard default/guarantee void language a suspension imposed by the league” in connection with the known sexual assault allegations known to the team at the time of the signing. On Monday, a 24th lawsuit was filed against Watson for sexual assault, the second lawsuit against Watson in a week. Florio said “if Watson eventually is suspended for the conduct alleged in the 24th lawsuit, the Browns possibly will be able to void his guarantees and move on from him, and possibly to recover a significant portion of his signing bonus.” Such a dramatic turn of events, Florio added, is hardly guaranteed. Such a move would allow the Browns to move on from Watson without him ever taking a snap for the team. The organization’s public image has been tarnished whether or not Watson takes the field for the Browns. We could see the team make quick amends with Baker Mayfield if Watson is lost for the season – or longer.

Jim Rome read the 24th womans allegation over the air this morning. If it’s true Watson should be in fucking prison. There is perverted and then there’s just being a fucking sicko. He is the latter. I hope he never plays another down in the NFL. I bet the Browns threw all that money at him knowing if he is suspended for something they could cut ties.

2 Likes

He was basically suspended all last year as well. He didn’t even practice with the Texans. He was on a different field by himself working with trainers.

1 Like

I didn’t hear it, not sure I want to hear it.

1 Like

You don’t. Watson needs help.

1 Like

What did he say? Or can you provide a link?

Edit: is this what you are referring to? Not Jim Rome but Mike florio

Just like a lot of other players needed help and got kicked to the curb by the NFL, or ignored, or promoted… or… somewhere in between.

I’m not disagreeing with you, I just have zero expectations of how it will be handled. And yes, the accusations make him sound like a sexual predator or at the very least a sex addict, from what I have read.

Nope it was Rome on FSR.
I do not have a link, I was listening to it in my work van.

1 Like
1 Like

Right on.

The quote in that article sounds pretty bad.

Unfortunately, there’s a lot of scum bags out there

1 Like