David Montgomery Love

We all love Gibbs and how electric he is, but not enough people talk about DMont. Almost never. I would argue he was the teams MVP. And I would argue he’s a top 5 RB in the entire league. I was most shocked about him. It’s incredible how good he is. Just wanted to give the guy some love.

12 Likes

David Montgomery?

I love him. One cut…and hit the hole…

Real runner are one cut and hit the hole players…

Terrel davis? Better thank your dad.

One cut? Is this a joke.

1 Like

DMont is better at running the ball between the tackles by a ton than Gibbs. Not even close IMO. And hopefully Gibbs can learn and adapt.

If you need 3 yards DMont is your go to.

1 Like

9 Likes

Or 3rd and 10. It’s amazing how many times that happened.

4 Likes

Damn, you keep coming back…LOL

4 Likes

I agree. DM is under appreciated.

4.6 YPC and 13 TDs. Just over 1,000 rushing yards.

David and Gibbs is a legit backfield. David will run you over and Gibbs will run around you.

Gibbs is a homerun threat and David wins games late. I love that balance.

3 Likes

Best 1-2 in football for sure. They both should have had 1,000 yards each. Gibbs was eased in at the start so they would have. And they will. Imagine Dmont didn’t split all those carries. How many yards would he have? Not to mention he missed a few games. For sure he would be regarded as a top 5 RB. People talk power, but look at his elusiveness. He can drop on a dime, and cut 2-3 times. Making everyone miss. And was always a good pass catcher.

4 Likes

In saying all this, I wanted a Branch Jersey, but now I might go with Dmont. I’ll get them both. Why not? Black Branch, and Blue Dmont. Well, now I gotta get the white also to finish the collection. Ummmm… (want someone that isn’t as popular).

Ok, black Branch, white DMont, and whoever their 1st round pick will be for the blue. Settled.

It’s early. I’m tired.

He’s good and deserves recognition but team mvp … he’s great though.

I think he’s very important in how they use him. He’s Mr. Obvious and can still get his job done, allowing for all else to be in play at any time. Second and short can be fun for offenses. Third and shorts get converted. Montgomery is excellent.

LOVE him. He was so instrumental in Gibby’s development too. He and Gibby keep each other healthier…& Netflix is actually a great #3 too. If either of them debatably needs a game or 2 off, we can still win. Best RB stable in the NFL.

Monty is a stabilizing force for the offense. Our OL + our RBs is nasty AF, and Monty is the meat’n’potatoes of that. He calms us in tough situations …coach can just run the ball & give us some success, take the opposing crowd out of it, set up different plays with formations, etc. Monty sets up a lot of the other stuff we do. I was thinking about creating a thread for Monty and a separate one for Gibby.

This year, we start the season with what looks to be…
-an IMPROVED OL
-Late season Gibby (not the same player as early season)
-Late season Jamo (not close to the same player that started the season)

This is probably more fun than you think…David Montgomery is a full grown man.

3 Likes

In December 2022 I started a thread called “Jamaal Williams vs David Montgomery”, while Jamaal was still with us and DM wasn’t. It was my hope that we would pick him up if Jamaal moved on. I had watched David when he was at Iowa State when he broke Dalvin Cooks record for forced missed tackles, I knew he was the real deal on a team that had a shit OL with the Bears. I do give the Bears credit for picking up Roschon Johnson though, esp in the 4th round.

Original thread “Jamaal Williams vs David Montgomery”…

4 Likes

Love DMont and what he brings, but those claiming Gibbs is just elusive were not paying attention last year. He will run over people too.

In fact, I’d say you could both 5 and 26 have toughness and elusiveness, DMont being say a 60/40 toughness/elusive ratio, and Gibbs a 40/60 toughness elusiveness mix. Something like that anyway. You get the idea.

4 Likes

lol beat me to it!

1 Like

Im just saying…what backfield do you remember that had two legitimate " I will ruin your day" backs like these two?

Marcus and Bo was to me the Everest Summitt…

But really, besides them, 2 guys that tbh, as a D, you knew you weren’t probably going to.shut down either one?

1 Like

Monty runs hard… but lets be honest here Gibbs is way better and deserves to start…

Them on the field together is a package that needs to happen far more often

1 Like

It’s a beautiful thing for sure.

Monty is a better overall back right now. I am hoping Gibbs can get on his level across the board this season.

But yes Gibbs is more talented and has that something special

do not know why I’m bothering, but Monty -was- discussed PLENTY during the season and after-to a fair amount. my point is…he was both discussed, debated , and given praise. No he’s not given praise RN, because were knocking on the doors of Draft Day, wondering what the heck will happen now it’s 24 Draft.