Decker provides Cap relief

I agree. I just don’t expect much from him this year.
If he brings something this year, then even better.
It will be exciting when he’s activated.

Blue cotton candy…made straight from Koolaid.

2 Likes

good to

2 Likes

I see two. One is can’t miss.
St. Brown and Rodrigo are the only ones that give me hope.
Any fool would have taken giveme’s Sewell and Hutch. Maybe, anyone but a total fool?

1 Like

Are you lip reading what I’m lip reading? That kid is intense. Or maybe it’s just too much sugar…

3 Likes

So anyone but Millen or Quinn.

Gotcha.

1 Like

They’re going to be in cap hell for 5 years for doing so.

Good to hear. Can’t wait

1 Like

We joke about this Gif because back when my step-daughter was about this age, we took her to a Grand Rapids Griffins game and got her some cotton candy. She was standing on the seat, bouncing up and down, yelling “Go Griffins” like she was out of her mind on sugar…this Gif always reminds me of that night.

4 Likes

This is what I’m talking about though. It’s what’s most important to me. Team knows you ALWAYS have a chance. Gritting your teeth and fighting your way through. That’s what I value.

Goff is a good QB, and I truly hope he can be our Eli Manning. That said, I like Stafford better than Eli manning.

Our team will support the crap out of Goff, and by Detroit standards, he will be wildly successful. I DO think we can & will win with him (more than Stafford ever did here).

Also, I’m a guy who thinks the most important man in an organization is the HC. 2nd most important is GM. 3rd QB.

He will. That is one badass dude, right there!

I love Stafford. I always believed he had elite talent and that the Lions organization held him back.
That said, I think we are better off with Goff at this moment in time. He’s younger and has more room to grow and has been much less physically abused.
3 years ago Goff was in the conversation of “elite QB’s”. This year he’s going to serve notice that taking him off of that list was premature.

4 Likes

Matthew Stafford come-from-behind wins first 5 seasons

Jared Goff come-from-behind wins first 5 seasons

I’m not saying I’d rather have Goff in the last 2 minutes than Matt but again, Goff is no slouch. He’s really more polished at this stage of his career than Matt was…and remember, Matt was considered a china-doll at this point of his career.

Maybe Goff will be our Drew Brees and be our QB for the next 15 years. I don’t know why not, we gave Matt a dozen years and we couldn’t put it together around him.

5 Likes

I think last year proved it was the organization, not the player.

3 Likes

But Goff did have two WRs that both caught 80 passes for over 1200 yds. Kupp hadn’t fully developed at that time and he missed 8 games that year. So Kupp missing 8 games didn’t slow any progress of the Rams or their offense because they had the two other WRs and a running game. I think we should look at the picture with a wider lense! Because who knows….someone might bring up losing Robert Woods in a few years. That argument probably won’t fly here with some or most but you never know it could be made.

1 Like

Stafford is better than Goff, it’s not close. Kupp in an interview talks about how much he’s learned from Stafford and how great he is at manipulating Ds.

Goff always needs great protection and a run game. Stafford was asked to carry a team.

Just remember all the Staffords the 3rd best QB in that Division, might not make the playoffs, can’t beat good teams or win in the playoffs.

It was obvious to many of us, the roster was rarely playoff caliber, the coaching the same, the front office on down a joke. Stafford carried a bad team to 9-7 kicking and screaming to the playoffs.

We knew they’d win with Stafford and win in the playoffs, if injuries didn’t decimate the team they were a SB favorite.

McVey knew they weren’t doing it with Goff, he wanted an upgrade. He got it, giving up 2 1sts a 3rd and Goff to get it done. Yr 1, Stafford rewards him with a SB Championship and in a historic playoff run winning 3 in come from behind drives, including sending Brady home, after Kupp and company tried giving the game away with multiple fumbles. A blowout win turned into 2 of the best throws ever in the playoffs under the biggest moment

6 Likes

100% yes to all of this.
8 minutes after stafford goes to a good roster → SB
Wasn’t remotely surprised by any of the games in the playoff run.

2 Likes

Woods and Cooks are good receivers, no doubt about that. I don’t think they are quite the same as what Kupp & Woods and then Kupp and OBJ were though.
No defense could stop Kupp. Kupp’s ability to get open in crunch-time was just as good as Matt’s ability to get him the ball in crunch-time.

As great as CJ was, we couldn’t keep feeding him like Matt was able to do with Kupp last year. Not CJ, not CJ and Tate.

The 2021 Rams also had a much better defense than the 2018 Rams.

Goff was 8th in the league in under pressure stats in 2018, Stafford was dead last.

In 2020, Stafford was 14th and Goff was 3rd to last. It almost totally flipped.
I don’t know what happened to Jared but you can’t blame McVay for wanting to get Matt when they had the chance. Although it did look like the odds were stacked against the Rams with the injuries.

Maybe McVay is a genius afterall…but again, would McVay have made that trade for a year 6 Stafford?
Matt in year 13 was not the same year 6 Matt.

2 Likes

I think he would no doubt have. The skill set was there, the scheme wasn’t. The coaching wasn’t. Stafford had already had a 5000 yd 40 td yr. Give him an Oline and run game and the scheme to work with in his prime and he’d have flourished.

1 Like