Decker provides Cap relief

I definitely agree that Stafford is a superior QB to Goff. But as far as the statement I quoted I think a lot of that comes from being a 12+ year veteran in the league. I truly think if a QB can stay healthy physically that they really peak in their low to mid 30’s as they continually learn the mental part of being a QB.

1 Like

I absolutely agree with that, given the QB has the ability to process the info he see’s fast enough while seeing the whole field and the arm to hit those small window’s, be it off platform or no look

1 Like

I know this will always be the conversation as we move forward but the comparison is a bit exhausting at this stage. I will just remind you that there were many that thought stafford was broken and unable to learn an offense etc before caldwell and jbc “fixed” him. Was right around the same age goff is now, will it happen… i doubt it. Is the story written on who goff will be as a qb, i would say that stafford showed that it isnt a certainty that goff cant alter the perception/narrative as he once did with a new coach+ organizational support.

I’d actually be ok with trading Decker to a team that needs an LT for a 1st rd bean, and moving Sewell to LT, but oh well…Tompa Bay could really use an LT, just sayin.

1 Like

Sugar is one hell of a drug, everyone talks about alcohol, nicotine, caffiene, etc when it comes to legal drugs. But Sugar is just as addictive as any of them, maybe more.

That’s why koolaid is so freakin good! ha ha

Best to go easy on it!

3 Likes

I certainly agree that Cooks and Woods had not developed into what Kupp has developed into now. My understanding is that Kupp credits Stafford for that but Kupp was already a 90-100 catch WR before Stafford got there…so I don’t know how much more Stafford did for Kupp

Maybe Kupp is really good and his qb is now Stafford, who is a different qb then Goff, and of course would say good things about his qb the has right now.

1 Like

Supposedly Kupp took-on some new work-out regiment.
The biggest difference seemed to be that Kupp finally stayed healthy and was able to start and play every game, I believe it was the first time he was able to do that in his career.

Kupp went from very good to elite with Stafford throwing him the ball, so that’s important to consider. Kupp was still darn good before as well with Goff throwing him the ball, but he wasn’t elite quite yet.

I’ve always been in the camp that elite QB’s can make or break WR careers. That’s why I’m worried about Rodgers still, Adams is a Raider, but I fully expect him to elevate the play of his new WR’s that’s what great QB’s do.

Brady made Welker and Edelman look like studs, without Brady they are most likely Tom Kennedy.

1 Like

Idk, as much as our offense turned around when Decker came back, a 1st round bean would be nice…albeit it would be another late bean since Tampa will probably win the Superbowl.

Trading Decker makes no sense. Sewell struggled at left tackle and then excelled at RT beside big Big V.

Trading Decker, moves Matt Nelson back into the starting lineup, and he was okay at best last year. The Lions are a much better team with Decker and Sewell at tackle, especially when you have a pocket passer in Goff, who can’t really move.

5 Likes

Well, it makes sense if the plan is to be good in 3-4 years and not now.
Decker is 29 years old…but maybe he gets better with age like Backus.

1 Like

True, and I def dont take starting NFL LT’s lightly, but imo, Sewell would be/is just as good as/better than Decker, and would an average/solid RT really be that hard to find to plug in? And who knows with Tompa, they may not have as good a season as ppl think. Also, could adress the RT position with Tompa’s pick worst case scenario. I want the beans…and I also dont think Decker is great; he’s average imo, but moving him could actually help the team in the long run.

I see your point, but imo, Decker is just ok, and I think Sewell could be just as good at LT, if not better, than Decker. Idk, the team is still rebuilding, so now would be the time to trade Decker for a bean if doable.

1 Like

I agree with most of your posts brother, but Decker is a top 10 LT in the NFL. He’s very good.

PFF is obviously not always accurate, but Decker continues to grade out extremely well year after year. It’s a large sample, not a small one. Goff looked so much better last year with Decker at LT and Sewell at RT. I don’t want to change a strength into a weakness, that means Matt Nelson is a full time starter, he doesn’t have that talent. He’s a backup for a reason. If Matt Nelson is starting, now we don’t even have a backup tackle. Eze and Booker would be the next men up, both on the practice squad, both have 0 games starting experience.

Risky move all the way to trade Decker. If we had a mobile QB, I’d me more open to it. But Goff needs a clean pocket to succeed. Having Chark and Jamo are nice weapons, but if Matt Nelson can’t protect Goff, it really doesn’t matter.

4 Likes

I dont know about Brady them look like stars walker was pretty good with the Dolphins and Brady loves those types of wr

1 Like

You could be right brother, I’m wrong all the time, but I put WR success as a QB stat at least 70% of the time. Look at Kenny G with a bad QB, he blows.

1 Like

This is always silly logic. Particularly for players who were not the 1st overall pick. Hutch wasn’t even the first edge guy off the board.

4 Likes

Thank god for Jags to pass on him! they will regret it!

2 Likes

That’s why it took 30 seconds to make up their mind.

1 Like