Detroit Tigers

I’d like to thank the A’s for Chapman! They are trading the whole team it seems for prospects.

1 Like

Tigers sign michael Pineda to a one year deal.

4 Likes

Baddoo, Greene both homered today. Rodriguez looked good in his 3 innings. Tork had a double as well.

1 Like

Michael Pineda has agreed to a one-year $5.5 million contract with the Tigers according to Evan Petzold of the Detroit Free Press.

The 33-year-old posted a 3.62 ERA over 109 1/3 innings last season for the Twins. Pineda carries a career 1.19 WHIP and an 18.2 percent K-BB rate. The right-hander should be a solid veteran presence for the young Tigers pitching staff this season and Pineda should thrive in cavernous Comerica Park. The contract reportedly also comes with up to $2.5 million in incentives.

1 Like

Riley Greene looks the part of future monster.

Its a big uppercut swing…and he is very strong, especially upper half. Wait til Miggy gets him in thr cage to teach him up on the lower half.

Greene looks like a cross between a bigger David Justice and a thinner David Ortiz.

4 Likes

I like the Pineda deal too. Totally flippable at the trade deadline if things go horribly wrong. Mote likely he puts in 100-110 innings if 95 ERA+ work and we see more Wentz/Faedo as a 6 man group after the ASB. I think they will try to limit Manning to 100-110 and Skubal to 150 again ( he throws a lot of pitches/inning) Mize to 160-170.

2 Likes

Agreed, really like the signing as a 4th or 5th starter, another experienced pitcher for our young starters to gain knowledge from. Hoping he stays healthy. I’m excited about this year with Tork and Greene hopefully starting, and the signing this off season.

This will be my first opening day experience for the Tigers, along with Sweet Lou’s number retirement game. Baseball is my game. Loved it as a kid, and it carries so many memories of times with my dad.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see this dude and Tork in the everyday line up. A couple of beasts in a few years at the major league level.

1 Like

Surprised at what Carlos Correa signed with the Twins for considering what he turned down from the Tigers before the shutdown. He’ll probably opt out after year 1 looking for the big, longterm deal he wants that Seager got. 40 million a year isn’t too bad though👀

Tigers offered 10 years 275 Mil. Sucks he went to Minnesota.

1 Like

And that’s fully guaranteed in baseball. Unreal he turned that down.

I have a hutch feeling if the twins stink. They will trade Carlos for crap ton of prospects

I think you are going to see them Both in Detroit to start the year. Avila already said they aren’t going to manipulate their service time.

3yr $105M
10yr $275M

I’d jump on that 3yr deal all day, unless he gets a career ending injury, he’ll easily make more over his career.

The game is free on MLB tv today. Just login or sign up on MLB.com

I see that logic, but players often fall off a cliff like what happened with Pujols and yet the team still has to pay. I give Correa credit for betting on himself though.

He may have turned it down, expecting more and never got it and had to settle for the Twins short-term offer. I think Carlos will be fine.

They traded away Donaldson because he was making too much money and then signed Correa, doesn’t make much sense to me. Same thing with Colorado signing Bryant, after trading Nolan Arenado away, some of these teams moves don’t make much sense.

The Twins will be lucky to play .500 baseball.

He has basically 2 healthy years out of 6 and then a year they brought him up in June…very happy he passed on our deal. He is overrated.

He is a 20-25 HR guy with no speed (6 steals last 5 seasons), especially for his age and athleticism. He plays a great SS and has a good but not elite eye at the plate.

Overrated. Overpaid. Underperforms.

Hard Pass.

Baez has bigger flaws but a lot more juice/upside and a history of health. Like his energy.

3 Likes

I completely agree, Tigers dodged a bullet with that 10 year contract offer, he’s had so many injuries in his career already, giving him a 10 year deal would have been very stupid.