Do U like Kyle? I Do

Also this. 100%

team= defense and offense.+ QB. picking defensive players doesn’t mean much to me unless , they produce, they are useful, they are somewhat durable, and can take care of their responsibilities during games… If they cannot, well they are useless busts that never helped the team.

What’s funny is when Killer was still alive people on here used to trash him left and right. I thought, and still think, he was awesome. I wasn’t a huge Meinke fan initially, but he’s grown on me. I like him at this point. He’s measured, reasonable and honest most of the time about this franchise.

I saw someone above say he’s been “down” on Goff since the beginning but personally I think he’s been fair. Just depends on your perspective of Goff I think. I think Kyle summed up the Goff situation perfectly above. The Lions could really use a franchise QB to build around - but I’m not sure they are going to be in a position to grab one this year with the way things are stacking up. We’ll have to see. In the mean time Goff is a fine stopgap until that opportunity arises.

1 Like

I was gonna say….you can’t write this piece when you label someone a “Stafford Wife”….:joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

The wives would go ballistic at the notion of drafting even a developmental late round QB for depth and competition. Stafford was sacrosanct

Beyond fearing a bust, it’s also very possible that the guy doesn’t bust out but isn’t as good or meaningfully better than Goff, let alone in a reasonable time frame. That’s just running in place for 3 years.

I actually think that the current QB situation is very akin to the head coaching situation with Caldwell. People just made up a narrative that he “couldn’t win” (despite evidence to the contrary), and cheered when we “did something” by hiring Patricia.

The odds were always very poor that [insert rookie coach name here] was going to end up doing better than Caldwell. I would argue that the odds that [insert high-round QB name here] is going to be meaningfully better than Goff within a reasonable amount of time are similarly slim.

1 Like

…and to some, the extreme opposite.

It was kind of like this

Non wives: Stafford is sometimes one of the issues here, we should consider drafting a developmental guy for competition and depth

wives: No! You are a hater! LOL drafting a mid round QB is a waste! Nothing at all is Staffords fault! After CJ who did he have to throw to? LOL

Non wives: To clarify, we didn’t say he was the problem. Just one of the issues. His inconsistent play has hurt the team and having a developmental depth guy is a good idea

wives: NO! Hater!

Ahhhhh…
is thaaaat what it was like?

We all have different perspectives, I suppose.
I see a lot of Goff Husbands with massive double standards.

1 Like

As a Goffling I admit he is sometimes part of the issue, has flaws, I’m totally for finding a better long term
solution if and when it makes sense and definitely want to draft a middle round developmental guy

I also find it amazing though that the wives deep well of excuses of erratic coaching, poor Oline protection and injured WRs that always applied to Stafford never applies for Goff. That’s the double standard

1 Like

I see this too…and I see it going both ways.

I personally recognize that I am a human with bias.
I have supported both QBs, but I had more faith in Matt (I really do think he’s going downhill now…it’s not just circumstance, it’s his ability and/or injury)

I know the difference between a judgement and an observation is the energy behind the words. While I know I’m a human with bias, I also know I’m calm AF in these conversations and that it is not emotion (inner child) running the show.

I am very thankful we made the trade, not because of Goff, but all that was included. I have always been behind the trade. What we do at QB, I’m up in the air and confused as to which direction we should take moving forward.

My short term answer is get this monster DE if there’s any way, and do our best at DT…truthfully, I don’t think MY DT is available through draft or FA this offseason. Carter may be the best option there.

I’m on board with rolling with Goff in 2023 and either letting him grow and/or improving his trade stock and replacing him later.

He’s young enough to improve, and that serves us regardless if he is “the guy” or if we trade him.

1 Like

Gofflings: Well he’s throwing to practice squad guys, has already had two OCs and three people calling plays, his RB1 can’t stay healthy, the Oline pass protect is ranked around 20th in the league and yet is near top ten for every statistical category.

He’s also had the best QB performance in recent Lions history against the Cards last year and the biggest 4th quarter comeback since 1993 for a win last week. He supports his coaches team mates and the city and has been a class act. Thats all pretty impressive all things considered. Sure let’s plan for a replacement but let’s not reach for a QB or trade away draft capital when we have the worst defense in history. And maybe we should stop calling him Goof and calling for his head for every little mistake even in games where he completes 70% of his passes and has a PRTG over 100

ex wives: Double standard!

2 Likes

Having no attachment to outcome (not caring who does it or how)…to view that as a “wife” IS being a “husband”
Must find conflict regardless of what you see.
Interesting take, IMO.

I support Goff just as much as you do…I just don’t believe in him as much.
Why does there need to be “sides” “conflict” or “someone right and someone wrong” in that?

Just feels like drama to me.

2 Likes

Well to clarify. Wives find conflict. Husbands retreat to their man caves…

2 Likes

Ahhh…bypassing
We all do it sometimes, my man.

:facepunch: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

EXACTLY how I feel. Why does anybody have to be “anything” other than a fan for having an opinion, or dare I say, “passion.” You will never see me label someone a slappy, wife, husband or fling just because of their opinion

1 Like

Titles create boxes/division.
There are multiple truths available at once.
Truths exist on levels and layers.
None of us are exactly on the same level as any other one of us.

This is why someone can “tell the truth” and know they are telling the truth…
Problem enlies in making someone else wrong and failing to see that they are doing the same thing we are

1 Like

A Goff fling? That’s clever, intended or not :joy:

1 Like

Amen Mr. Parker. Opinions, we all have them. I’m convinced I’m right, someone else is convinced they are.
It all comes down to Brad & Dan at seasons end.
Personally, I like Goff to be our starter heading into 23, hoping we draft his replacement and he earns the job by the end of 23. Nothing against Goff, I want what’s best for my Lions!

1 Like

Because Stafford Wves vs. The Gofflings is not only entertaining, it is a very clever turn of phrase (and whom ever coined it gets a gold star).
Good Lion’s stuff you can only get here.

2 Likes