Do we really Have to sign a FA CB?

We need a vet cb. Having one also teaches the young guys as well. You can win by drafting and picking up a few vets as well.

Peterson has been vocal about wanting to stay in MN, not that means he will, but there is an article on profootballrumors.com regarding this.

I just got a feeling they sign Lattimore…Dan with his Saints ties makes me think there may be some familiarity there. And the Saints aint going anywhere soon, so why wouldnt he want to come here?

Maybe, but stranger things happen all the time in the NFL, $6 mill dead cap hit isnt that bad for a bad team…especially with a team like the Saints who are gonna be bad for the next couple years at least. And maybe Lattimore will want out and not want to languish there for no good reason…that’s not to say he has any control over the situation, but sometimes teams will do a guy a solid, plus there’s whatever Brad offers them on top.

I think those days are changing. More and more guys coming out recently are able to step in and contribute in their rookie season.

You just named 2 of the guys who came in and made an immediate contribution as rookies. In fact Lattimore was a pro bowler on a top 10 defense that made it to the NFC Championship Game.

One thing to remember about Marcus is he doesn’t play within the structure of the defense. If he sees something or senses something he freelances. Some coaches embrace that but I feel like that’s not how we operate under our current staff.

Interestingly enough I was hanging out with Brad this weekend and snapped this photo of him. I wasn’t sure if I was going to share it or not, but here he is walking on water.

Byron Murphy is a really great player and is 25. He did have a back injury this year, but he’s worth the risk and might not cost quite as much as a guy like sutton

I doubt we would sign a free agent with a back injury. But it could get a guy elevated to our 2nd pick in the draft!

Let me be more clear, the Saints take a 28.5mil dead cap hit by trading Lattimore this off-season, but which means he would count 6mil more in 2023 than he does being on their roster in 2023.

For a team that’s is already 60mil+ OVER the cap in 2023, this is not an option for them.

They also can’t make him a post June 1st trade because they have to be under the cap by the start of the league year.

1 Like

I want jalen Ramsey but I also want christian Gonzalez at 18. but I’d be down with this if were able to trade down with the #6

this is one of the reasons I think the manful is rigged lol. WHY on earth don’t teams throw the deep ball more? I’m always on edge watching the lions. Even if we have a lead becausei know it could all be over with one pass to whoever Jacobs or Harris is guarding. Shieed Okudah been getting flamed a lot as well and beat deep.

I do remember that Brad did try to get Deebo last year around the draft (offered the rams first and a 3rd i believe?)

I do think he isnt afraid to pull the trigger to these trades

I think trying to get Bradbury if we can is the priority or Cam Sutton (Both a Great Corners, and would be huge FA signings without using draft capital)

I wouldnt mind trading for Ramsey for 18th and a 3rd/4th (Cant remember if we have 4th or not) is worth it considering its Prime Ramsey rn, and it opens our window instantly

I trust Brad and what ever decisions he makes, he has made a couple slips, but he has proven in two years to do what is necessary to put this team on track, and its chugging along quite well rn

3 Likes

We traded away Darius Slay for a 3rd round pick at approx the same age. I’m wondering if Ramsey will even get a first round pick.

1 Like

Quinntricia hated Slay, and Slay hated them, he wanted the ■■■■ out, similar to quandre Diggs deal, could have gotten more tbh

1 Like

Fair enough, the prior regime was a bunch of total Fng idiots.

But do you think even in a perfect world we get a first for Slay? Ramsey is considered slightly better than Slay I think. It will be interesting to see what he gets traded for. I’m assuming he gets traded, I don’t think McVay wants to trade him though.

I know Slay wasnt playing well (Now we know cause it was of patricas System), but he was still like 28, in the middle of his prime and Eagles were trying to contend still, we could have haggled them more than the 3rd and 5th tbh

2 Likes

Lattimore since his rookie season has pretty much been the textbook exception to the rule with rookie corners, and Jalen Ramsey and Sauce Gardner are just in a tier of their own when it comes to corners in general so them finding success in their rookie season.

I agree that the trend might be changing but it’s not as widespread of a pattern as WR was for me to think it’s a real thing yet.

1 Like

While I am not convinced the Lions “Have” to sign a FA CB. I do believe that they will get one. No clue who that might be, but I do not believe that it will be a resigning of their own player. I can see them bringing a Vet in to help push the young players at the position, including the rookies.

Don’t forget Patrick Surtain Jr. He’s been a star since he hit the field. And Horn hit the ground running too before he got hurt (and has already returned to form). Stingley was already following the opponents’ #1 receiver before he got hurt. It is happening more.

5 Likes

Denzel Ward was good right away

2 Likes

Yep. And Tariq Woolen too, though he’s definitely an outlier. But a lot of people on here liked him especially after his combine.

2 Likes