Erin: Fools Gold

Kerby may get become quite a trivia answer in the future if Karen does move on.

1 Like

A team trading for Rodgers will have to pay him almost $60 million in new money for 2023…. and almost $50 million for 2024.

Packers would take a cap hit around $37 million for trading him.

1 Like

I believe most of that money is option bonuses

again contract is weird as ■■■■

from what i read is that the cap hit for a team would be 15mill in 2023, but if they pick up his 2025 and 2026 option bonuses it goes up to those numbers you stated, only if the team decides to pick it up

So, team trading would get 15 mill of that 2023 salary, while Packers take 37 mill hit over two years, cause his option bonus wasnt picked up yet.

And it goes up if the packers keep him, so that contract is essentially a nuclear bomb, and they pay the piper regardless, it just depends on if he retires or not, and if not, then if you want to trade with him or keep that contract and get handicapped.

Could be wrong on this, but contract is ■■■■■■■ weird and i wouldnt be shocked if im wrong

They did try hard, the Packers were just asking for so much after back to back MVP seasons and I’m really happy that trade didn’t happen last year because the Packers might have gotten even more than the Hawks got for Russ. Now they will get far less for Rodgers! :grinning:

1 Like

I’d like to think he’s moving on but I doubt it. I think he plays in GB next year.

I do enjoy him being frustrated with the players around him that are essentially his fault for taking so much $$$ to stay in GB. Literally did it to himself

Interesting, so you expect them to sit Jordan Love for a 4th year and not even give him a shot!? Or maybe you got them trading Love this offseason?

I just think they are pot committed with Rodgers. I think they know Love sucks and will try and move him and stick with Rodgers to maintain some sort of competitiveness next year.

Either way we are in a place I have never been in in 34 years. GB will likely enter into rebuild and have mediocre qb play for years which excites me.

1 Like

Now that Hackett is in NY I bet he gets traded there… wonder how much the jets will give up for a 37 year old aging qb…

If they are smart they should stick with Mike white and build the rest of the team instead of throwing away players and picks for an aging qb who has maybe another year or two left in him

1 Like

I don’t gamble, but I would say 70% chance Rodgers is a Jet next year. And he’s 39, not 37, haha. 1st rounder and a 4th might get it done.

1 Like

Which is kind of ironic isn’t it, Favre went to the jets first, then the Vikings… right? Let’s assume in some weird way Rodgers ends up on the Vikings… Now wouldn’t it be awesome if a legit Detroit lions GRIT defense 3-4 years in development had the opportunity to just plaster a 40 year old asshole…

Ok I’m sorry… that’s elderly abuse I retract my comment, but I won’t delete it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, I do find it funny Favre and Rodgers didn’t get along, yet they are now on similar career trajectories…

Don’t mess with karma now!

Haha I’m 40, I’m a man!!

this is 40 man GIF

A team acquiring Rodgers does get a reasonable “cap hit” in 2023 around $15 million… but they are paying him $59 million in cash.
If he plays in 2024… he is due another $49 million.

That’s $108 million for 2 years of play.

If all goes well… that team can spread it out over 4 years…
but that doesn’t really matter…. because they could spread out cap hits for many players to make the numbers “fit” in the near term.

2 Likes

Wish I would have thought of this one but it’s still pretty d*** good to share

1 Like

To the Vikes and going to the NFC Championship…

dear god no GIF

The shaman would not judge him for sending dick picks (or for having a small willie)
The shaman would talk to him about his emotional drivers & why he felt compelled to send them.
LOL.

1 Like

I’ll try my own version….

February 2023… Aaron tells Packers he would like to be traded.

Same day 2/23 … Packers excitedly agree to trade him… and are relieved.

Next day 2/23… GM Goudacunts calls GM Joe first because they hired his “Buddy” Hackett… but are surprised to hear “thanks but no effing thanks!!!”

Stunned… Goudacunts talks with Rodgers… and gets a list of teams in the order he wants.

Miami…. Chris Grier laughs at the thought of paying $59 million in cash for 2023.

Vegas… McDaniels says… “Davante left to get away from him once already… no thanks”

Tampa, Saints, Titans, Panthers…. nope.

Goudacunts calls Rodgers back and tells him no deal to be made.

late February 2023… Rodgers declares… “I changed my mind… I want to come back to Green Bay”

Packers management knows he doesn’t want to be there…
but they can’t release him because of the cap hit.

Spring 2023… Packers decide to NOT pick up the 5th year option on Jordan Love.

July 2023… Rodgers shows up to training camp and Jordan Love remains as a backup that doesn’t get many reps.

2023 season… Packers miss playoffs again… Rodgers’ play falls off a cliff.

February 2024… Rodgers retires.

March 2024… Packers re-sign Love at a starter’s salary over $20 million AAV.

2024 season… Love flops as expected.

2 Likes

Haha well done! I’ll take that!

Also, when does Rodgers start with the welfare fraud!?

2 Likes

I think he goes all in on a marijuana business…
but gets busted for tax evasion and money laundering.

1 Like

I think marijuana is too mainstream for him now. Gotta be something a little more fringe like salt crystals or tarot cards.

3 Likes

Partners up with Calvin! Smoke em if you got em! lol