First round Crow eating found here!

I’d love to snag him @ 46

1 Like

Sure, or more likely that everyone who matters had him as a second rounder but the hot take industrial complex needed some QB hype leading up to the draft so they amped a flashy qb and we all bought it

i see what you did there bill hader GIF

1 Like

Pretty clearly, no team had a 1st Rd grade on Willis.

4 Likes

lol

1 Like

I am DBL Loser. I loved both Malik Willis and Aaron Curry. I also love DC/BH though.

IF he slides to the 3rd round… I will NOT be happy. :wink:

I can understand not taking the shot in the 1st round… but no way would I pass up that chance at #46.

1 Like

Yeah, I was thinking about this after 2CBs went top 5.

1 Like

Ah, like petty as in trying to remind everyone else that they were wrong because their media friend (who is definitely not a real scout) was right, in a thread clearly meant for posters to admit what they were wrong about?!?! LOL

I think it was mostly @Phunnypharm who you went back and forth with. I just remember something about a 3rd round grade and PP saying he’d make some kind of huge bet that Willis was taking top 20 (or something like that).

No reason to get your tighty-whiteys all bunched-up just because someone is calling you out when you are trying to call others out. You are way too uptight my friend.

underwear dancing GIF

I do hope the Lions draft a QB this year. Willis isn’t my guy but if the Lions like him I could live with it. 46 still seems a little high. 97 might be the place. Let’s not forget that Matt Stafford missed half the season in 2019. Football is a violent game. We’re 1 hit away from the Tim Boyle show, although that probably nets us Bryce Young.

1 Like

Snags
Thing is, you do that kind of thing all the time
SOP …
It gets irritating

1 Like

We could’ve traded a 6th round pick for Gardner Minshew last year. Minshew is probably the most serviceable backup out there who will keep his team in games.

2 Likes

I remember that draft well and I was a reporter for Cal at that time.

The bigger issue than the arm mechanics was his personality. He was so conceited that a lot of teams didn’t think he was coachable, despite Tedford attesting that he was.

He got a stink to him and only the Packers were willing to take a shot. Probably because they didn’t bother to interview him not thinking he would be available.

Tedford knows how to coach a winning team and maximize QBs. I always wondered what he would have done at Tampa as OC if he hadn’t gotten health issues.

1 Like

I thought Quay Walker as a first rounder was silly. Whoops.

Lol, you really are something. You go at someone and then gaslight them for pushing back. I’m petty for talking about Willis perhaps sliding and Seattle maybe taking Carrol, got it. @Phunnypharm and I are good and he had very valid arguments and points that he made in several occasions. Dude knows football and I’ve learned a lot from talking to him. Which is more then I can say about you and your contributions. It wasn’t simply him though, there were others. God forbid someone take a lap when months went by and he stuck to his argument that Willis wouldn’t be a first round pick.

We aren’t friends. Never have been never would want to be.

My friends are very much NFL scouts.

Let’s be real, it was one guy creating a thread that focused on Willis. Subsequent posts were about Willis. My post was about Willis, you just like to do what you do, be a petty stir the pot kind of guy, and it is especially the case when you interact w me and @BigNatty.

Packers had a unique situation that can humble a guy for a few years… knowing they would have his butt holding a clipboard for a few years and zero contractual leverage.

1 Like

Good point. I actually don’t think Rodgers was that bad back then (he’s become increasingly stubborn and immovable over the years).

When compared to Alex Smith who is super easy going, word is that McCarthy (49ers OC at the time) didn’t think he could work with Rodgers.

That draft where he sat there until the packers picked him was one of the most cringe worthy things I’ve seen on live television. It definitely humbled him a bit and put a huge boulder on his shoulder

2 Likes

And I’ll say again, I’m not anti Willis, I’d actually like him at 46. The whole damn debate started by me saying he could be there at 32 if we wanted him lol.

Not too different than alot of you:

Thought we would trade up but never envisioned a WR.
Thought we were getting Hamilton. Ravens always get good DBs.
Thought there would be a run on QBs, nope. Carolina, Atlanta, Seattle
Thought the board would not go chalk as much as it did.