Graham Glasgow returning

The money screams “backup”. My question is what this says about Big V. One thing for certain, they can’t pay Big V the 9.5 mil he’s due if they have to also pay Glasgow 4.5 to back him up.

Something’s gotta give. Either V takes a cut or he’s cut. I just don’t see another option. ETA: (Unless that other option is as @DeadStroke says and the 4.5 isn’t really 4.5)

1 Like

So the O-line looks like…

LT - Decker
LG - Jonah
C - Ragnow
RG - Big V
RT - Sewell

Backup guard/center - Glasgow
Backup Tackle - Nelson

That’s 7 for sure. I guess everyone else is battling for the 8th spot. Most teams only carry 8 on the active roster.

3 Likes

I don’t know that he’ll be more expensive, but I’m sure the contract will be longer. I don’t think Brad wants to give out multi-year contracts to depth players. He wants to keep flexibility.

4 Likes

I wasn’t inquiring about Glasgow as much as the plan for V.

2 Likes

^ that’s how I see it ^

3 Likes

Draft Avila at 18. Wilson at 6. Best lb or DT with our 2nd round pick and te/wr with vikins pick

Eze is a lock.

Is everyone positive that Glasgow is a backup?

We don’t know about V health.

Back injuries are no joke!

2 Likes

Could still go guard in the draft for sure. He’d have to beat out some experienced vets which would be a good thing. Let the best man win.

Interesting they signed exact same time. I wonder how it went down… did we decide on Glasgow then Brown decided , or vice versa?

3 Likes

I know this was preseason but if you focus on big v the first series, there’s no way you can trust this guy to be your starting guard

For the PS IMO. He’s real raw.

3 Likes

9 OL

Yea, that’s why they signed Glasgow IMO. Big V was very good in 2021, didn’t allow a sack all season.

Clearly we have no idea on his back injury!? That’s the 10 million dollar question.

As far as I know he is still in the plans on some type of restructure or new deal that is incentive laden…that is what was last talked about…but the same place was not seeing Graham coming back…so who knows…but they do need insurance in case vatai can’t do it because of his back.

3 Likes

If that was case he would be released

1 Like

The price says so.

2 Likes

Who’s next?

AShawn or Wormley

Maybe the back was giving him problems in the preseason game against Atlanta. He was dogshit and you could tell something was wrong

Brown was pretty atrocious at guard last season so Glasgow must have been beyond bad to be much worse than Brown last season, he was much better at center the previous season when he took over for Ragnow. His niche is likely a starting center in this league rather than a backup guard.

2 Likes