Graham Glasgow returning

Wormley

2 Likes

I like that it seems like the Lions are working a smart plan. Guy 1 signs here, instantly Guy 2 signs somewhere else

Don’t know for sure but sure seems like Holmes & company are in charge of the FA market & not reacting to it

2 Likes

I read somewhere that they think it was a sciatica impingement that required surgery. You can see in a clip from the steeler preseason where he got hurt and all the movements he is doing indicates that…sciatica is no joke…it put my brother in a bed for 6 months when he was powerlifting and I struggle with it from time to time…

3 Likes

OK.

I think that still lands us in an area where we HAVE to draft a Guard with big upside. (2nd/3rd rounder)

5 Likes

I agree brother. I do think those rounds as well. The only thing that gives me pause is the rumor we could go offense both first two picks…if that is the case…and they aren’t taking a OL and they aren’t taking a rb…what does that leave? Or even if you leave all those combos on the table…what seems the most likely…QB, RB, WR, OL.

Yep, both Jonah and Glasgow will be free agents in 2024, plus Big V’s back is a huge Q mark. Drafting a guard makes a lot of sense.

5 Likes

Yes! Very good point. I always forget this one…lol…I am always saying think broader and here I am thinking too narrow. What if they decide to not extend Jackson? I had heard they would this year…but what if they say no? Then it makes complete sense that they are looking IOL early…covering for some hole…on either side potentially.

2 Likes

Yeah i bet.

1 Like

Haha for sure brother! Gotta look down the line. Keep stocking the cupboard with cheap young talent all across the board.

1 Like

Good backup for a year, but i agree with many. We must draft a guard with starter blood in him.

2 Likes

And that is exactly what I have heard. That this draft is about the future as much as right now…and silly me hyper focus on the wrong positions…If you alway have a good offensive line and a good defensive line then you will always be in games and above 500.

2 Likes

I don’t know what to make of any of those rumors. I’m still convinced that we’re going Gonzo #6. My amazing powers of observation might be glitching again, so, we’ll see. :slight_smile:

Taking a fresh look at the OL, knowing Glasgow’s greatest value was backing up Center and Guard, we either draft someone to fill the 3rd Guard spot or we trust Awosika or Pierschbacher to step up this year. Stenberg is a known quantity at this point, I assume (and not expected to make the cut to 53).

1 Like

I love that Holmes is making a bunch of moves, but he’s not giving out crazy contracts that are going to kill us long term. Everything is real smart and calculated, feels very different.

Previous regimes would be massively overpaying for dudes right now, we have seen it for decades and decades and it’s failed every time in Detroit.

4 Likes

Our depth really sucks. This makes it better, but we should still make a RG pick on day 2 ideally. Schmitz has been my target guy and because he didn’t have a great combine, I’m hoping people forget about the tape and Senior Bowl dominance.

1 Like

I still got Schmitz going late 1 like Lindebaum

More proof that Brad reads this board.

Now let’s talk about Slay.

if they do sure…and I will be happy. I will be happy with whatever we do. But I look at corner like I do running back. Such deep classes…why take a guy in the first when you can get a guy in the 2nd 3rd or 4th.

1 Like

I think Riley Reid actually just became available :astonished:

1 Like

Staying in Philly

here is the video.