Hock traded to Vikings

Haha how many games has any Lions won! Hock is going to excel with the Vikes, just watch

5 Likes

That’s fine but it wasn’t going to happen here.

2 Likes

So

We have now 5 top 100 picks

Thats actually alot of ammo

4 Likes

Of late for sure, but that’s not who we want to be. And we won’t be once Jamo’s back. I agree with the way @3rdRGR put it in that Lions who could be traded thread:

“My point is there ARE offenses where it’s ok to invest heavily in your TE. Pay Mark Andrews. Pay Kelce. DON’T pay Hock in THIS offense. All I’m saying and none of Hocks numbers justify putting a larger share of cap into. He MAY be good enough in the right situation to earn that kind of dough. IF we are going to change our offense to lead with our TE in the passing game. Then cool. Given what I see from this staff, we just invested a 4th round draft pick to replace Hock when we let him walk. We’re going to live in 3 WR formations with lots of motion and eye candy. Mitchell will be fine for that role and Wright for the most part will be ok too. Once we get Swift, Jamo and St. Brown to the party, I do not believe we will see justification in a big money contract to any TE.”

10 Likes

It’s on NFL, too. I was just coming to post it.
It’s true.
The tank is on.
Worse, we gave him away.

2 Likes

Great! Now Campbell has one main goal, keep losing and make those beans as high as possible! We couldn’t have a better man for the job, haha it’s going to take some real GRIT to get all these losses!

6 Likes

I think jamal Williams should be next. Hes having a big year.

4 Likes

We didn’t “give him away”, but when you see that all we did was swap a couple of picks, the compensation is less impressive.

4 Likes

For sure, he’s having a career year, contract expiring, trade him!

1 Like

So how much cap does that create now for us, cause he was on the books next year?

Over 9 mill

Yea thats a solid cap space gain for sure

9 Likes

Exactly. This is what I’m talking about @stephenboyd57

Hock wasn’t going to excel in this offense. Better to cut bait now while he had some value.

So a 2nd and 3rd for Hockenson and 2 4ths?

Im good with that. He wasn’t coming back.

4 Likes

The Lions picked up his fifth-year option, so the Vikings now inherit his guaranteed 2023 salary of $9.392 million.

10 Likes

I think it gains us some space this year also… to carry over to next season

2 Likes

Hockenson will go to become a HOFer.

6 Likes

What does conditional 4th mean

1 Like

Would love to know what The terms are for the conditional pick. Hopefully it is based off whether or not Hockenson signs long term or is on their roster in 2024. That way if he resigns with them we keep our pick

I wish it wasn’t in division and was with a team with a worse record, but this is about what his value should be.

1 Like

Brock Wright can be just as effective here as Hock imo…this is such a great trade, gj Brad

8 Likes

We will find out soon what the conditions are

I think solid trade all around tbh