Hockenson is the Home Run pick we have been waiting for

And so it begins…

My favorite were the pre-draft posters who said Hock was nothing more than an H-back lolololol

1 Like

Ha…Ha…We are all arm chair GM’s.

https://247sports.com/nfl/detroit-lions/Board/103102/Contents/Havent-hated-a-pick-this-much-since-Ebron-and-Ernie-Sims-131532156/

https://247sports.com/nfl/detroit-lions/Board/103102/Contents/Financially-drafting-a-TE-8-makes-almost-no-sense-131234206/

https://247sports.com/nfl/detroit-lions/Board/103102/Contents/If-you-think-the-Stafford-apologists-are-bad-wait-for-Team-Hock-131547031/

1 Like

I’m right there with you. Another TE in the top 10? :poop::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::clown_face::face_vomiting: Thought he was a great prospect but the value…

I feel the same about drafting Oline. How many times are we going to burn a 1st rounder on an Olineman and continue to field a crappy line?

It’s great to see TJ with some early success. It’s obvious he’s an elite athlete for his size. Here’s to more big games from him. :partying_face::beers:

1 Like

Oh, I have no problem admitting I didn’t like the pick. And as I stated, it’s not the player but where we’re drafting him and how financially it’s not what good teams do.

I’ll admit that Hock looked faster than his combine time, which was also a concern for me as well.

I’d rather he became a great player and I was wrong than the other way around.

3 Likes

As soon as he became a Lion, I was a fan. I’m not looking to say SOL every chance I get.

3 Likes

(squats and begins pooping on this post)

Rookie. There’s a good chance he f’d up on that 3rd down play. He should have released much sooner.

Oh, and it was against the Cardinals, who do not have a good D.

Oh man, #2?

I think he will still get his, but hey, if he draws more attention another weapon should get a chance to step up.
I hope this offense can take advantage of it.
oline, are you listening?

After Allen came off the board with the prior pick I really didn’t care.

1 Like

He had a very good game. Now it comes down to do it against better opponents. At least he showed he can be a weapon.

3 Likes

My board was Devon White and Allen and that was it. once they came off the board I was kind a hoping for an offensive talent.

It wasn’t a bad way to start his NFL career. Like you said, “rookie”…who starts day 1 and plays a significant, although, imperfect role. He did lead the league in his debut. I’d say that’s pretty cool.
We also didn’t lose, kind of.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize, TJ holds the record for the best debut of a TE in the history of the NFL!

3 Likes

While Hockenson had a great game, I still wish the Lions hadn’t drafted him. Honestly, would you rather have Hockenson and Tavai, or Devin Bush and Greedy Williams?

I’m pretty happy with TJ and Tovai.

3 Likes

Given those choices I definitely take TJ and Tavai.

3 Likes

A starting TE and a starting LBer or a starting LBer and a 4th CB? :thinking: Yeah, I’m going with option 1

1 Like

Greedy’s ceiling is probably higher than Tavai’s…so no telling who will end-up with the better draft. I mean, I don’t know if Tavai would even be starting if Davis wasn’t hurt?!?

I’m in no way crapping on Hock or Tavai, I’m just sayin…

Tovai reminds me of Polamolu. We’ll see.
If you were around in March and April, you’d know that I wanted us to pick greedy and was shocked at our entire draft. That said, TJ just broke the NFL record (all time) for TE debut, in a loss/tie, whatever.
Tovai started and recorded a sack in his first game. I’m a happy camper.

1 Like