How is this possible with a horrible QB?

Exactly! Every year until you have a winning team.

1 Like

And we were in scoring position enough to have made a game of this but passed up on about 5 FGs by going for it on 4th down.

3 Likes

It’s also hard to deny that the revolving door of injuries at WR has lowered Goff’s QBR from where it would be. How many dropped TDs have we seen this year?

3 Likes

But if you watched the game you realize how ridiculous that statement is. Cabinda dropped a sure fire TD and multiple other players took their passes within a yard of scoring. Goff got them in scoring position on those drives just as much as the running game, and it was a bit of a statistical anomaly that he didn’t have a couple of passing TDs.

5 Likes

Goff has never been a stat hound, your RB leads the NFL in TDs

Just win baby, that’s what he’s all about

Tomorrow is going to be insane, Bills mafia be damned, Ford Field is gonna be rocking, and if at some point Billie Jean is played and the games at hand, the place will go berserk

7 Likes

I think this is Ben Johnson being great at his job, and we lose because our D stops no one (until recently).

2 Likes

He went 17/26 for 165. A PFF grade below 50. One of the lowest graded Lions.

He did not have his best game.

Doesn’t matter though. We won by dominating the LOS. I like winning like that.

1 Like

Goff has tried to throw an INT three straight games. He’s also been very lucky.

BTW I see a lot of Goff fan getting defensive about Goff.

My statement wasn’t about Goff’s abilities.

I’m simply saying we won the game by being more physical than the other team. And the Giants are pretty physical. We smashed them in the mouth.

3 Likes

Not quite 5…… and definitely not early enough to matter.

They passed up only 1 FG before the 4th quarter… and the score 19-0 at the time in 3rd quarter. It would have been a 51-yarder.

They also passed up 2 FG attempts in 4th quarter…
when score was 26-0 and 29-0.

Actually, they did listen to me. I thought he was the 2nd best QB in that draft… But as I always say, the teams have way more access to the real insight into guys’ character than we the fans do. I haven’t followed him much since he got drafted but his numbers aren’t too good. Not sure if it’s something he can eventually overcome or not. If he is a douche, then it’s the scrap heap for him eventually, as is the way of all douche QB’s.

2 Likes

You didn’t actually watch the game, huh!

1 Like

Oh…. right… how could I forget about Goff’s fumble six in the 2nd quarter???

The FG they passed on would have been 50 yards…
and Badgley had made 3 of 10 from 50+ yards in his career before that game.

2 Likes

The score was never 19-0.
Google, “Lions Bills game recap”.

Why would I google “Bills”………
to look up info about the Patriots game???
:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF by Ben L

2 Likes

I missed the “Patriots”.
Nevermind.
I’m getting punch drunk. I’m gonna have to take a break. I’m so used to Goff haters in every single thread, apparently, that’s all I see.
My bad.

2 Likes

If all the 2023 QB’s have some flaws and questions about their play ability—I don’t want to just draft one of thee “less flawed” ones to say “hey he’s better than Goff !!”

2 Likes

I’ve been saying that for months. Goodell and Fantasy Football are ruining this sport.

2 Likes

Goff isn’t a bad QB. He’s just not worth market rate. If we could keep him for $20 million a year (as opposed to $30+ million) I’d say keep him. The problem is that he’ll get $30 million+ from someone so we won’t be able to keep him at that number.

1 Like

He’s currently ranked #13. He’s been ranked as high as #11.
He’s not going to get top ten money. That’s a false narrative.

If:

1. Jamo is what we hope he will be;
  2. The Lions enjoy just league-average health outcomes (for aa change), and,
  3. The defense is merely bad, rather than league-worst, then…

Jared Goff will be a top-10 QB and, yes, deserve top-10 money.

2 Likes