How is this possible with a horrible QB?

I was gonna respond.

1 Like

The teams who try not to pay for an QB are at the bottom of the league.

I’m not sure you understand what worth and value are.

Is a collectible 2cent stamp worth a million bucks?
Is an abstract paining worth 10mil?

Worth is dictated by what the market says it is.

Value is when you get something below market value.

Geno Smith is a value right now but if he keeps playing like he is then he will get paid what the market says he’s worth.

Just because you wouldn’t pay Goff, Smith or any other QB 30mil + that doesn’t mean they aren’t worth it.

They are and in the NFL world it is very hard to go cheap on QB and win it all. Very few teams have succeeded at it.

4 Likes

Um…
We’ve been paying for 14 years.
We’re usually closer to the basement than the top.
QB’s need to decide if they want to win, or make more money a year than the average person makes in a lifetime… and lose.
You can’t get top dollar and have protection and playmakers. There’s only so much money to go around.
Ask Erin.
Ask Brady.
Devonte Adams saw Rodger’s contract and knew they couldn’t win, so, if you’re going to be on a losing team, you might as well get every penny you can.
“You can’t serve God and money”, actually does apply, if you think about it.

I thought Adams wanted to be with his best friend Carr and in a warmer climate.

It does sort of bring about a conversation the Raiders need to have with Adams if they replace Carr

1 Like

Why? He’s getting paid.
I have little sympathy for those who choose money over team loyalty.
That’s why I have no pity for Rodgers. He knew there would be consequences. Or, at least, he should have brains enough to realize he makes 5 times the average NFL players salary.
Common sense says that’s 4 quality players you won’t be able to afford.
I just hope Goff has Brady like brains, not, Rodgers like greed.

They are super tight homies who both say it was their dream since college to play in the NFL together

They’ve lived it. It doesn’t seem to have worked quite as planned.

1 Like

No women has ever said they like the little guys! haha

Yea tough call, talk about the perfect timing to have a career year with free agency coming for Geno. He’s making 3 mill this year and has been a top 10 QB. What a bargain. Maybe they would consider franchising him for 1 more year to see if this year was a fluke. I think it would be really risky to give him a long term deal, he’s also not young and has had 1 good season in his career.

They also might go QB in the draft, they got the Broncos 1st round pick, which is a likely top 5 pick.

4 Likes

Doesn’t mean they still don’t want to be teammates

Point being of the Raiders move on from Carr without talking to Adams, they will have a discontented star WR

1 Like

Awe! That would be terrible. Poor guy would have to cry all the way to the bank…and back, too, probably.

Its a crazy story of two parts of the season. He got off to such a good start but look at what he did during that 3 game winning streak. Just brutal but we won those games.

I dont think Goff will ever really be the reason we win a bunch of games but as long as he plays turnover free ball or close to it hes solid enough.

1 Like

we all know he makes a ton of money. and deserves it. That’s not the issue. Issue having a star player angry and feeling betrayed by management usually doesn’t end well

1 Like

I wouldn’t call a 113 QB rating vs the Bears brutal. The main reason we have been winning is the defense though for sure recently.

1 Like

Yeah, that would be a shame. He could always ask for a package trade. They could promise a ready made train wreck.
Or, he could just demand a trade.
He knows it’s a business, and nothing is guaranteed.

That game was ok at best. His rating is mostly because of completion percentage and no interceptions.

Now going for then 3 game win streak he had 538 yards 3 tds and a pick, i would call that brutal but i definitely agree with you that we won those games with our defense.

Like i said earlier Goff wont be the reason we win a lot of games and in 3 of our 4 wins we relied very heavil on our defense to finish the game off.

Our former QB just got paid MORE money and won it all…. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well… to be fair……

he won it all… then got paid MORE… and now they can’t protect him with injuries along an O line that has zero depth.

Not blaming Stafford… but that does tend to happen when so much cap is invested in the top 7 or so players. They shelled out a lot of money to Stafford, Donald, Cupp, A-Rob, and Wagner this offseason. None of those guys block the pass rush.

Actually it’s pretty clear I understand how the market works. I just said teams following in line are stupid for paying it.

If Dak Prescott wins a SB then I guess I can eat my words that a non elite QB being paid huge money can’t win the SB. But until that happens, my stance still holds true. And we both know Kurk Cousins and the Vikings aren’t winning the SB.

BTW, both your examples are terrible homie. The worth of the items you suggested is what the buyer is willing to spend. It has nothing to do with the market value of such items.

QB market is the most false narrative in sports right now. Taylor Hienicke makes peanuts and has his team at 7-4. Aaron Rodgers makes 10x what he makes is sitting at 4-7. You tell me again how it makes sense to pay any football player 40+ million dollars on a team that plays 45 on game days. If you aren’t an ELITE, HOF, gamer at the quarterback position, you aren’t worth paying big bucks.

I’ll take a Geno Smith, or 1st round rookie in his second year, over a 30-40m dollar Jared Goff type 100% of the time. And my record is going to be right in the same ballpark. The rest of the team matters a heck of a lot more than that QB position. Unless you have Mahomes, Allen, Burrow as your Franchise QB.

Only 32 quarterbacks in the world start at the NFL level. The difference between #10 and #25 isn’t all that drastic. The only difference is about 20-25 million dollars.

If that’s the case why are you contradicting yourself in the statements below.

Market value is what someone is willing to spend.

Here’s the definition of market value.

the amount for which something can be sold on a given market.

Just because you think so doesn’t mean it’s true. The market says otherwise. There’s a reason why guys like Cousin, Prescott, Stafford, Murray, Watson, and Allen are getting paid near the top of the league and aren’t HOF players.

I heard for years how Stafford wasn’t worth it. He hadn’t won anything and never will from fans.

7 Likes