I don't think Branch will be the pick

I think he’d be a great fit for us as well. I just don’t think Brad will take him in the 1st. If we could get Branch in the 2nd I’d be all over it, but I don’t think he’ll last that long.

How is it possible to give up a higher completion percentage than air? :rofl:

1 Like

Even Will Harris intercepted a pass, lol 100% can’t be real.

Brad has confirmed that the target was Kerby and not cross

Witherspoon would have tested almost identical to Branch. He isnt fast. Both are great players who will test poor.

Dont forget to add a full tenth of a second to all pro day hand times.

2 Likes

Look it up and you’ll be surprised. Like I said he had a very forgettable year.

And to think so many people thought he was Holmes target because of his high RAS.

Okay, looked it up, but it was on 5 targets total! lol yes 100% is terrible, but common now. He allowed 5 catches as a rookie.

Hey, thats a positive way to look at it. He only allowed 5 catches as a rookie.

Meanwhile Kerby was playing and absolutely ballin.

1 Like

Are you saying that the 2021 draft class that was all pro days wasn’t the fastest class in human history?

1 Like

Kerby was ballin, props to him, but he gave up some huge plays as well. Just keeping it real.

5 catches on 5 targets as a sample size says very little in the grand scheme of things, come back to that in a year or 2.

Kerby only had 4 catches as a rookie.

It is pretty amazing how many fans think the player got faster in 3 weeks, lol

test guy GIF

1 Like

Well, he has to be good enough to get on the field to have a larger sample size.

Would you trade Kerby for Nick Cross. He had a poor coverage grade and a enormous amount of missed tackles in college.

Witherspoon is not slow. DJ reported at the combine he was running 4.48s prior to the hamstring. Watching his tape that sounds about right to me.

I’ve never even watched Cross play football, didn’t see any Maryland games… But I do love Kerby, wouldn’t trade him for any young safety.

I was just blown away by the 100% completion stat you mentioned and then saw it was only on 5 targets. haha it’s all good man!

What if he was sick, had a little tightness that day or a lil injury, or just a bad day?

What if he didn’t sleep well the night before from nerves…

I know pro days help, but dudes do have bad days sometimes

1 Like

Fair, but we all know you get faster on your pro day.

Name me some players than were slower on their pro day, I dare you! haha

If we are going to be playing a lot of 4-2 the guys in the secondary have to be able to tackle.

No one does that better than Branch.

3 Likes

Agree.

But back to my original line of thinking…

Just sign Sean Murphy Bunting for nickel CB and complete the unit. Seriously

@radiofriendly can you provide pff intel for how SMB did in the slot role for Tampa?

1 Like

He’s good, I’m surprised he is not signed yet.

Teez Tabor managed to run slower than his combine time im pretty sure

1 Like