I think we beat the Bears on TDay

It would be tough to pull out some of the same tricks again…but that’s because teams are honoring it. And in honoring those plays, it keeps them honest. Front lineman on the onsides kick are going to be a beat slower getting back now. The punters and kickers might see a little less rush as well, as teams are mindful of the fake.

4 Likes

For sure… and the element of surprise is always there. Just wish we could translate that to our passing offense somehow… would’ve loved that 4th and 1 rush play to be a play action fake to a TE screen or something and gotten an easy 5 yards…

But I don’t fault them for trying and if there was any way we stayed in that game yesterday it was with all the trickery. There are no rules as to what you do in a game it’s only how you execute.

Actually there is a whole book of rules stating what you can do during a game…jus sayin

But yes…it’s really about who executes better on the most plays

1 Like

Agreed. One thing I liked that may have gone unnoticed is D’Andre Swift is pissed! Go back and look at that 4th quarter play where Goff threw the ball fast and behind Swift when he would have easily scored if the ball was placed better. Swift looked back at Goff as if to say “MF just make the easy pass!” I think there’s a reason Swift is not the one chosen to give interviews.

3 Likes

Yup. If a team is ailing, the best way to get well is to play the Lions.

I think we beat the Bears on turkey day especially if Nagy is still employed. Campbell will have the team ready and fired up for the national spotlight. Hopefully they give the effort like the Rams game and embarrass Nagy and The Bears.
I think we beat Philly this week. Hurts is not the answer. Howie is an obnoxious dbag that tore down a superbowl team.
We get our 1st W this Sunday.

2 Likes

What bugs me about Howie is that he is clearly trying to be the smartest man in the room when it comes to the draft. And in that, he is force feeding his draft picks onto the field at the expense of more talented players acquired by other means. Its pretty clear to see in general…but when you hear some of the leaked stories from the firing of the last coach…it matches up perfectly. Even losing McNeill when they clearly had him high on their board so he could pull off a super cute trade down of a few spots for a random magic bean at the back of the draft was completely about Howie “showing he was a master of the draft.” He was going to trade down, get the magic bean and STILL get the target…McNeill. Oops.

2 Likes

It’s like Howie is a more smug version of Quinn.

You mean the sort of thing armchair GMs here are always advocating for?

1 Like

Armchair GMs are even worse. They have the draft in hindsight and then claim they would have taken the only All-Pro player selected in the 4th round. :laughing:

Meanwhile I’m over here, like, “I swear Herbert was going to be a terrible NFL QB.”

I can also add “I thought Darnold was going to break out in CAR” to my long list of WTF do I know? lol

2 Likes

ok so I do have ONE fond memory of swilling in detroit. It was his first regular season game as a lion in 1993, against atlanta. I think hebert was the QB. Anyway first play from scrimmage for the falcons and hebert walks up and looks over the D and goes WTF and backs up to look at it longer. We had dan owens as the 1 down lineman and then 6 linebackers to round out the front 7. and all the linebackers were standing and shifting around. It was awesome.

1 Like

Honesty? Humility? Humor? This is THE GREATEST sports chat forum I’ve ever been on! Thanks @iTopher

1 Like

Thanks man! I appreciate that. I try my best to hold myself accountable. At times, I definitely fall short. :joy:

1 Like

You think he would have learned after watching the 49ers front office implode doing the same thing after they forced harbaugh out.

I think we do too. We have tape on Justin fields now. The lions front 7 is doing much better against the run. And Khalil Mack isn’t scaring anyone anymore. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that’s the first game the offensive line and run game wins for us.

1 Like

Yup

Don’t quit your job and move to Las Vegas :sunglasses:

owch.

I think attendance for this game is going to be below 40k.

1 Like

I don’t think we win a game this season and our home games are going to be nauseous.