I was wrong about Jared Goff

Stafford NEVER successfully carried an offense, and that’s okay as most cannot.

2 Likes

If those are not elite #'s, what is?

I’d like to remind y’all that his throw to Williams on the TD that got called back… was a dime to Williams! Might’ve been equal to his throw to ‘Lif.

3 Likes

Lol it’s pretty clear that I had a typo in there bro…aren’t***

I was anti Goff last season until the last half of the season. IHe showed me what he could do with better weapons. This season i stuck with him because the 1-6 was not a QB problem IMO.

It was the D an just the team had not learned they could win an are HC an staff stayed the coarse an they learned to win an close games.

The only lose in last 10 was against the Bills an we dam near won that. The Panther game was a turd game an every team has a couple of those.

This is a good team an will be even better an Goff is the leader they need at QB being a young team he is steady an has even been to the Show as a QB.

3 Likes

Yeah… this is not an excuse this is just pointing out an observation.

That was a damn bad day at the office. Doesn’t excuse them, just my personal perspective observing from the outside.

Nate Diaz Sport GIF by UFC

I’ve never been anti-Goff. I’m not a Goffling. I’m just a patient person. So my stance has always been… give him time with our coaching staff. Give it time for our guys to get back. Give him time to develop. In my 6+ decades of life experience… the thing that matters most is patience. People (if they’re good peeps…) almost always come around and strive for their best.

3 Likes

Ummm….yes he did

2 Likes

That’s fair enough, but I think it should be obvious by now that the version of Goff that puts up good numbers is not the one that’s the outlier.

Yes, statistical flukes can happen. No, that’s not what’s going on here.

4 Likes

These are a couple of my biggest concerns also.
I agree that he’s played better than I expected, BUT…I still don’t think he’s the long term answer. He’s just too dependent on surrounding players. He NEEDS top tier talent around him. But again, he outplayed my expectations so Bully for him and Bully for the Detroit Lions. It was a good year. Much better than I expected.

There are instances were typos are evident but saying “No one would argue that those are elite numbers” is not one of those instances. All ya had to do is say ya fuked-up and missed it.

Yup I guess I could’ve, my bad.

But who would say 40 TDs and 8 INTs isn’t elite? It’s pretty obvious those are almost as good as it gets. That’s Aaron Rodgers type a ratio.

2 Likes

Well Brad has weighed in on the topic and has reached this conclusion:

“I think what Jared has done this year, he captained the ship of a top-3 offense, and I want to say he was top-10 statistically in most of the passing categories,” Brad Holmes said.

As for the Lions’ thoughts on selecting a quarterback in the upcoming NFL Draft?

“I think it’s a lot easier to get worse at quarterback than to get better at quarterback in this league,” said the Lions’ GM.

7 Likes
  1. Trust Brad
  2. I think Goff will continue to improve
1 Like

See this is what makes you a good leader !

Handsomeness!

Humbleness and share a change of opinion and why lol

Bro, this exchange made me laugh SO hard.
:facepunch: :joy:

In 2022: Goff beat: Hurts, Tua , Fields, Mayfield, Rodgers, and had more TD’s than Tom Freaking Brady . according to PFF.

1 Like