Is Jamarr Chase the preferred WR?

Yes I know, the proverbial Brady comparison right. But I’m just asking you to watch some of the run blocks, where he turns his guy back in towards the LOS and yes does crush all the Dlineman from getting laterally quickly enough to stop the back, or on pass plays the scrambling QB. I’m not saying Sewell = Ogdon. But… I do think he can be a bully in the run game like that early and due to his awareness and agility for his size, can get more polish to his technique in pass pro. Look, he probably won’t even get to us, so if not us, talk to that team about how silly it was.

So your response to me saying “he’s only going to block 1 guy” is to put up a highlight reel of Ogden blocking 1 guy?

so do you think jefferson is a far better WR than chase? cause jefferson just put up a monster rookie season post burrow

Yeah good point, but TBH I did like Jefferson a little more than Chase. But really, no one should listen to me on WR rankings. I think Chase is going to be good, I just think Smith has something special despite his weight that is going to translate well to the next level. While I’m rooting for a trade down, I wouldn’t be disappointed with Parsons, Sewell, or Smith at 7 without a TD. If we went Waddle or Chase I’d be a little disappointed with the pick at 7, without a TD, but I’d turn into their biggest fan ten seconds after the pick.

I also liked Jefferson a LOT. And I like the Bama boys too. I would be happy with any of them. And I also prefer a small trade down. Where I still think chase has a shot to be available at 9 or 10

WR’s? I’d be very happy with Chase Or D Smith., drafting 1st round? I’d draft Parsons because WR’s can be had later.
I’d be helping our defense first and then helping Goff by getting a reliable, productive WR in the 2nd round.

So can LBers. If you want to say there isn’t a huge talent drop off from the top 3 WRs on the board, then I will say there isn’t a huge drop off between Parsons, and guys like Davis/Collins.

But if I’m picking, I’m not going LB with either pick. I’m going WR/OT with my first 2.

7-Chase, Smith
41-Cosmi/Mayfield/Jenkins/Vera-Tucker/Little whichever falls.

A trade down where we get Slater/Sewell would be worth the flip imo also

No Wes. As I explained (verbatim) “watch “some” of the “run blocks” where…” If you did that, you’d see exactly what I was talking about. Ogdon isn’t the only guy in history to have this type of impact, it’s just a guy off the top of my head I could use as an example of an NFL OT taking out whole sides of the defensive line. IE: MORE than “one guy.”

Does Parsons 31.5" arms deter you at all from wanting him?

1 Like

My wife is trying to have a serious conversation with me right now and I’m struggggling…

1 Like

Hey Parsons may have TRex Arms but if he’s a TRex is that a problem?

1 Like

Here this should help you…

1 Like

No, he’s a great player…but @Air2theThrown and I had a great conversation about DE’s and OT’s and their arm lengths and he thought it was a very important as a pass-rusher to have the longer arms. And that is an important part of what Parsons is known for is his ability to rush the passer.
So, I just wanted to know if Micah’s arm length was an issue for Air2thrown or no?

This has to be one of the silliest discussions I’ve been in on this board. Now this college kid is going to come in and “collapse entire sides of NFL defensive lines.” Have fun with that one.

his arms don’t deter me a damn bit , We need friggen defensive playmakers , Parsons happens to be one -of the best D guys in this draft and no, I’m not passing on him…IF it were me choosing.

Heres the thing F the offense. IT wasn’t an embarassment yet our defense was. we are “practically” rebuilding , fact is the defense was worse…address it , THEN go back and draft a couple O guys to refine the offense .

I knew someone would take exception to my comment and not understand what I meant.

He didn’t run a 4.48 at his pro day. He supposedly ran a n unofficial 4.38. (Hand timed) I don’t buy that time for a second. Did you know he had ran a 4.66 before? Did you know that he had a 5.38 3 cone?

He’s not a speed guy who separates off speed. If he truly was that fast (4.38) then it would show up on tape. It doesn’t. He doesn’t beat CB’s with his speed. He’s not a guy who is quick out of breaks or off the line. He’s not a guy who gets separation off his route running by athleticism. Because those are not his strong points.

Don’t base your point off his latest 40 time. Watch the guy play and then read what I wrote. Maybe it will make more sense.