Jared Goff Game 1 Passing Chart

"Of his first 43 pass attempts, just two traveled more than 15 yards down the field per a FOX broadcast graphic”

1 Like

Well said

You guys setting 2-3 win standards this season…okay we all have opinions

But consider this, the nfc north this season I don’t believe will be considered the scourge of the league, .500 vs these guys collectively is not a reach, beat GB mnf in GB, well boys, I must say that’s do able, those guys are a mess right now

I’m a Rams fan first, but I also like your QB, the pick 6 spoiled an otherwise good showing, 7-9 wins are very attainable, tho it sux you have to play the nfc west…then again so do your compadres

4 Likes

Ray Charles alert

Ray Charles Jazz GIF by The Ed Sullivan Show

I see you have posted this several times. Is there an agenda?

Slow receivers don’t get many deep routes called. Slow receivers rarely get open deep.
Our backs and TE’s are much more proven than our WRs at the moment.

Do you think there may be contributing factors?

Drew Brees says hello.

2 Likes

So he should push the ball downfield when nothing’s there?

You do realize that was a nfl top 10 (maybe even 5) Defense you hung 33 points on?

Rams with McGenius have only once managed 33 offensive points vs SF…and yes they had their “garbage time” opps

2 Likes

8:29

who exactly was he supposed to throw the ball to when our WRs couldnt get open all game??

3 Likes

It’s not a agenda , it’s the fact that it was as what McVay said , then you seen it in TC to the point MCDC got heated with Goff then you seen it in the preseason, and then into the first game to the point it was reported by the media. I mean it’s as bad as Patricia he could do no wrong and just needed his guys.

Yup - Coach Dan alluded to this in the presser.

I think they’ll be less conservative as they get more time in the offense and working with each other. Fast passes help the OL too. I view us as being in developmental stages with soooo much, right now.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting that throw chart @GreggyJ

I did start to wonder… when was the last time the Lions threw the ball over 50 times in a game???

It was 9/16/2018… week 2… against…
wait… no way… R… U… F… ing… kidding me???

the 49ers!?!?!!!

Stafford went 34-53 (64%) for 347 yards, 3 TD, 1 TO

Stafford completed 1 pass that definitely traveled over 15 yards in the air for the entire game… which occurred in the 4th quarter down by 3 scores.

He had another 3 completions that were right at 15/16 yards when caught.

Goff… 38 of 57… 66.7%… 338 yards… 3 TDs, 1 TO.

Well sheeeet… Stafford’s numbers with Lions vs 49ers… look like Goff’s numbers w/ Lions vs 49ers.

And… Stafford’s numbers with Rams vs. Bears… looked like the last time Stafford and Lions played Bears in 2020.

Same sheeet… different day?

Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF

11 Likes

Why does it have to be an agenda? It is what it is, and it’s being pointed out.

So whether it falls on Goff being too timid, or the WR talent just not being there, the play calling, or Holmes not addressing the WR Corps, it’s a freaking problem that needs to be addressed.

Our passing game cannot exist within 10 yards of the LOS.

1 Like

Its an agenda when its posted multiple times. Hell i thought i was rereading the same post. Phunnypharm posted that staffiord had basically the same stats the last time he played the 49ers. Its pretty obvious the Lions are going to suck. The Lions sucked with Stafford and they are going to suck with Goff.

2 Likes

But the degree to which it will be Goff’s fault will depend upon how much Stafford sucks with the Rams. I don’t know why this is fan logic , i just know It Is.
Wait I know why it’s because of this fuking show
eddie murphy karma GIF

1 Like

No disrespect but you Lions fans are a interesting group.

Your defense is as atrocious as I’ve seen.

The pass protection was pretty bad. However, SF has a elite pass rush. That definitely needs to improve.

You have the worst receivers in the league.

And you guys are worried about flash plays from the QB in a devoid offense.

I will say this. Goff didn’t play particularly well but he’s far from being a problem as of now.

Here’s some cool stats for you guys…

Goff with Rams last 4 games vs SF

0-4
56.1 comp pct
4 TDs/4 INTS
797 yards
Sacks 6
Rating 70.3

So compared that to yesterday and Goff did drastically better with Lynnn. Dropping 30 plus with no Decker and those recievers. It could give been much worse as it usually is for us vs that team.

Side note: Staffords debut with us was pretty damn good! He had some lay ups for sure but he made the throws. Also, McVay did many tweeks with the offense. God willing he is evolving. He did very little of that with Goff.

7 Likes

Im not sure 15 yards is considered pushing the ball down field. Lol

I was at that niners lions game :+1:

1 Like

T Williams is the best WR we have and he probably wouldn’t have made last year’s roster.
We are really going to miss Jones and Hall.

2 Likes

Lol you have no idea! Thanks for some perspective. I thought Stafford looked great last night. A little worried about the Rams run defense but watching the game its almost like they want you to run the ball? NFCW looks like a powerhouse division for sure. All 4 teams rolled to week 1 wins. The NFCN looks like trash…i have to think the Packers but who knows?

The NFCN is trash and yet we still have no chance. That’s just how bad we are. I see these predictions of 6-8 wins and I just think we definitely have some optimistic fans.

The offense is borderline playoffs and the defense is borderline college.

SO YOU’RE SAYING…
Uh Oh Oops GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment