Jets in talks with Packers, Rodgers, sources say

Agree but they might also view it similar to what the Bucs did with Brady and Rams with Stafford. Put a supporting cast around a great QB and let it rip.

It worked for both teams.

The goal isn’t necessarily to build a competitive franchise for the sake of building a competitive franchise — it’s to win a Super Bowl. They probably think they’re one piece away from winning it all next year.

1 Like

I just don’t see them coming out of the AFC with a 40 year old Rodgers, who regressed a lot last year. The Bengals, KC and the Bills would still all be better teams IMO.

But, you can’t hit a home run if you don’t swing. Just ask Baseball Bat Bob Quinn! haha

1 Like

You guys may have already seen this but…

…the President/CEO of the Packers said ON AIR that they would welcome Rodgers back to the Packers “if things don’t work out the way we want them to.”

Slam Dunk Wow GIF by NBA

Rodgers should go to Miami too . F NY

No, I hadn’t seen that passive aggressive quote before. I hope that Aaron gives his frowny face, feels his power, and goes full biatch on the Packer Nation as only he can.

Conor Mcgregor Mma GIF by UFC

As of today, I’ve seen that framework for a deal to the Jets is put together fir Rodgers. Then most recently I’ve seen the Jets showing interest in Kirk Cousins.

The Jets need to get Garapolo and leave the aging/declining QBs of the NFC North for our Lions to send into the sunset…with no beans to be had.

1 Like
1 Like

I would love that!! But, why would you trade for Hock and then trade Cousins away, that makes zero sense. Because either you are all in or your rebuilding. They also have been cutting a bunch of vet players. Not sure what the Vikes are up to.

Unless the Vikes are trading up for a QB in the top 5!? Or trading for Stafford!? God no!

I’ve seen nothing to suggest Cousins is available.

I’m not understanding what they’re doing either I never understood the Hock trade, like adding a high price TE was going to get them a win in the playoffs.

Regardless, when it comes to Kwesi, I want Brad to have exclusive negotiating rights.

Rest of NFL, Leave Kwesi alone…

2 Likes

Yea I think Fowler and Graziano just making stuff up here right!?

2 Likes

If they make a move you would have to go back to how their GM was lukewarm on Kirk Cousins when he got there. He walked into the building with the attitude of “you have Patrick Mahomes or you don’t.” That echos the view of many here. And on top of that Kwesi is a numbers guy who can talk himself into things. So that could lead to another argument people have made here. Why would you pass up an opportunity to get 80% of the production for 25% of the cost?

1 Like

So what you are saying is Goff’s days are numbered as a Lion! haha

Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like

Trading for Hockenson was a mind boggling move.

They gave a division rival more “draft capital”…
and made the Lions 2023 cap situation better…
while simultaneously crapping on their own 2023 cap situation… as
we now see them cutting significant players (Kendricks, Thielen)….

to help a team that no person thought could win the NFC in 2022.

Seriously.

Did anyone see any article suggesting the Vikings were ever a threat to win the NFC???

They were always PRETENDERS…. not contenders.

4 Likes

And that’s why the NFL is more fun than a barrel of monkeys throughout the year…

1 Like

sad chris crocker GIF

The Vikings in 2022 believed their record reflected their ability when literally every metric said that wasn’t the case.

They thought they were gonna legit make a run.

And Daniel ■■■■■■■ Jones beat them … in Minnesota.

So much for Kwesi being a numbers guy.

3 Likes

He beat them with a 1st round RB, which is even worse!

I agree brother! What’s gonna be even funnier is when they decide to pay Hock 15-20 mill per year, which they basically have to do after trading for him. Otherwise he walks and they get nothing, that would also be hilarious after trading for him.

And I like Hock but shit he aint worth even half of what he is likely to command.

Such a good call here…. :clap::clap::clap:

I can’t imagine any computer, nerd, football guy, or savant of any kind thinking there was a scenario that the Vikings were gonna win a Super Bowl with that team…, and really struggle to see a NFC title even.

It would have required a “Minneapolis Miracle” on a whole new level.

2 Likes