Josh Allen or Joe Burrow....whose better?

Mahomes
Burrow

Everyone else. I’m not saying that Josh Allen is in the same league as Goff, Dak, or Cousins… nearly all teams and fans would take over almost all nfl QBs…

That said this is 2 years in a row not making the AFC Championship…. This is 2 years in a row of completion percentage, QB Ratings, yards and TDs going down, and turnovers going up per attempt. It’s also 3 years in a row of rushing attempts increasing by 10% percent a year.

I love Josh Allen, but it’s because he’s fun to watch play…. Not because I think he’s the most effective winner at QB.

It can’t really be argued that his career record is 3-9 career when his teams allows more than 26 points… and in the playoffs he’s soon to be 1-3 in the playoffs if his team allows 27 or more….

When you consider he’s only faced 27 points against 12 times in 76 regular season games… it’s pretty awful

For comparison Goff won four games in Detroit while facing 27 plus…. In 17-18’ with the Rams he won 8 “shootouts”….

—- I don’t think QB is the force multiplier many others do. Get a solid OL, a decent run game, good game plan, and an efficient passer that’s a good leader

MOST IMPORTANTLY BUILD A DEFENSE!!! Why? Only one QB in NFL history has a winning record when facing 27 plus points. Pat Mahomes- that’s it

Josh Allen has gotten to face 20 points or less 19 times in the last 2 years….

3 Likes

It truly is an asinine concept to me too. A QB wins/loses…noooope. Team game. Of all ppl who should know this, it’s us. We saw what Stafford accomplished 6 minutes after leaving our team…& what happens when all his WRs & OL collapse the following year.

We saw what Goff accomplished last year, as well as what happens with improved team this year.

1 Like

Diggs not happy with Allen on the sideline. was chirping at him pretty hard

2 Likes

I love Allen’s mobility but i’d take Burrow.

3 Likes

I think you nailed it. Right on

1 Like

I think it’s more nuanced. No QB wins without some level of talent around them, but at the same time a QB can lift a team to a lot more wins. Just look at Brady’s affect on Tampa Bay. Same roster the year before didn’t make the playoffs. The next year they’re Super Bowl champs.

2 Likes

Burrow might be the best QB in the league. After they beat KC again let that conversation start.

4 Likes

Like the nfl has any standards.

1 Like

Excellent post!

Fans and the media more so can’t differentiate bewteen highlights/excitement and productivity. Before the playoffs my top 3 QBs were Mahomes,Burrow and Allen in that order. I still feel the same. But Burrow might be equal to Mahomes at this point.

1 Like

It’s really hard to pass on Josh Allen. I think he’s more fun right now. But long term it’s Joe Burrow.

This thread is shocking to me. I guess we’re not so in love with these Anthony Richardsons. It’s just a very vocal small minority.

Burrow.

Lsu Football Quarterback GIF by LSU Tigers

3 Likes

But he wasn’t good enough to play at OSU!

1 Like

*He broke his hand in spring practice and missed like 2 months

Also let’s not pretend that 2018 Haskins didn’t run laps around 2018 Burrow at LSU.

1 Like

I was just having a little fun man!!

2 Likes

I know, but I’m sure there are other for whom I need to clarify that.

2 Likes

Given current situations yes Burrow is….

Burrows defense is 5th in the league, not 16th like Mahomes.

Burrow has Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst and Mixon while Mahomes has Kelce, JuJu, MVS, and Pacheco?

Mahomes cast outside of Kelce is pretty soft to do what he does.

Okay, now that I see that Burrow is a chain smoker, I’m switching to Allen.

2 Likes

I’m a Texas fan who lives in Texas and has seen him play in person half his college games.

He’s illusive but he is not the power back that Mixon is.

3 Likes

And @Snags, you’re right. I forgot or don’t remember hearing about all that crap with him, my bad.

2 Likes