Josh Allen or Joe Burrow....whose better?

Mixon definitely has a beast mode he can switch on, I would say though ostensibly high-end elusive would be more forced missed tackles than broken tackles. Kid has to have some dog in him to be able to break that many tackles

2 Likes

Not sure Haskins running jokes are ok yet…

Are they?

WHO WAS THE WOMAN IN HIS CAR?

This whole thing got memory holed PDQ…

3 Likes

…& same with Matt.
…then look @ this year…for Matt & Tom

Yeah, I mean with the Rams we saw just exactly what happens when you don’t have a QB. With Matt they win, without him they don’t (they had a lot of injuries too). If the Bucs had been QB’d by a lesser QB they probably would have the #1 overall pick. Wins both are and aren’t a QB stat.

1 Like

The Rams were 3-6 with Stafford this year.

7 Likes

Yeah good point. That’s why I say it’s nuanced. QBs don’t win unless they’ve got talent, but teams need a good QB to win. Last year Matt put the Rams over the top and Brady did the same for Tampa the year prior. But rob those teams of talent and even good QBs can struggle. It’s not all on the QB but he has a lot to do with it.

2 Likes

Well surely let’s apply this to Hockey and Baseball….because those are team sports too but W-L records to get attributed to Pitchers and Goalies

2 Likes

Burrows went to the Super Bowl last year and is going to the AFC finals, at least, this year.
Allen has never been to a Super Bowl.

5 Likes

These playoffs have proved you need some athletic ability and mobility at QB. I like Goff but the environment has to be perfect for him to be successful. Have Goff replace Joe Burrow in today’s football game especially with the injuries on the oline. Cincy don’t advance. We have scouted Richardson’s game like 5 times?

3 Likes

:100:
A fact most are not able to comprehend.

2 Likes

So over simplified. Replace Burrows with Goff and everything changes, including the game plan, and nothing is the same.
Are you talking about one specific play that Burrows can perform better than Goff?
I suppose there is absolutely nothing Goff does better than Burrows?
I just…

2 Likes

I would offer though that Goff was successful here in an environment that fell far short of ‘perfect.’

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think anyone would argue that the Lions had more offensive talent than the Bills or Bengals, would they?

2 Likes

Cincy lost 3 offensive linemen. How do you think Goff would perform if the situation arose here?

The last 2 Superbowl winning QBs were Stafford and Brady. Not what you’d call mobile. I keep hearing the you need a mobile QB argument. Yet to see it actually come into fruition.

4 Likes

How did Mahommes do last year when KC lost most of their O-linemen?

2 Likes

Wins in baseball is such a ridiculous stat for pitchers. The best is when the closer comes in blows the save in the 9th inning and then his team scores in extra innings and he gets the W.

1 Like

But those teams stayed injury free. Both those teams had injuries this year and they were shitty.
All I’m saying is what if we have the same injuries on the online. Can Goff thrive?

No question, JG had a phenomenal year! One of the best I have ever witnessed as a fan of over 50+ years.
With the pressure placed on Burrow and his ability to escape and keep the plays alive, is something that JG does not have in his wheelhouse.
What we witnessed from Burrow today is the reason our O-Line is so underrated, Burrow kept plays alive extending the time he had to throw the ball.
As much as i love the year JG had and look forward to the best is yet to come, Goff is not able to keep plays alive maneuvering in the pocket. It’s a rare breed that can, Montana, Rogers, Burrow, Maholmes, Tarkington, Hurts, Murray and a few others. The Good news, Brady or Stafford didn’t have Burrows ability either. We can win a SB with him!

3 Likes

I dont think any QB can, depending the quality of the backups, roster and coaching. We’ve seen Mahomes and Brady struggle under such circumstances.

That said, for me Burrow is the best QB in the league because of what he’s done the last 2 years.

3 Likes