Josh Reynolds- 2 years up to 12M

That’s not true Check his TD an numbers yes they went up a little but he has been steady since draft an last season he played in more games. I an not saying it would be great signing he is one of few I said i would like depends on price .

If i had my way i draft two to add to what we have now an maybe sign a late cut by a team to get under cap

Resigning Josh keeps us from getting worse at WR. That is all this move is and I like it. Add a free agent, add a draft pick and that WR groups looks F-ning great.

I am a James Washington supporter but hell, pick your name. Add that guy.
Add a top draft pick…right now I think the Lions will love David Bell but whatever…add your guy.
Josh Reynolds.
Amon Ra.
Cephus.
Then pick your 6th WR and returned.

I am really like where this will end up. Hell, there is likely a great WR in RD. 3 we can land and maybe that is David Bell? How great would that be?!

3 Likes

Another good way to view it!

1 Like

I think it’s a lot of incentives…so if he performs…cool…if not…also cool (cheap)

1 Like

I’m surprised there aren’t more people advocating for Allen Robinson. He’s exactly what we need. That would let us focus on the D early in the draft. I’d be looking to get value out of the draft at WR and target one with the comp pick from KG. Should be able to land a guy like Wan Dale Robinson to expand the playbook.

2 Likes

His age mostly. Like his skillset for sure though.

1 Like

He’s really not that old you guys are being ridiculous. And he could teach ALOT to the young guys. His route running and technique is crazy. I feel like he would really rub off on our young guys.

1 Like

Every free agent contract ever signed is an “overspend” to someone
Then the bitching starts
The MOST he will get is $12m over 2 years

Therefore, odds are he will get less than $12m

I’ll hope he does great and earns the max ride.

You can literally see posters quoting the top line number as if it’s already a done deal.

That’s not rational guys.

2 Likes

Ding ding ding ding. One of Burks, Watson, Olave, or Williams should be at 32 or even 34. At 176 or 179, I’d think one of Jalen Nailor, Bo Melton, Velus Jones, Kevin Austin or Danny Grey should still be available. And Trinity Benson may even show something with a full offseason and training camp. He was throw to the Lions just a few days before the season, you know.

No matter if they can fit in a TE like Greg Dulcich, Goff should have a lot of new toys this season–and maybe a healthy OL.

1 Like

I’ve said on other threads, i’m interested for sure. Would i prefer a 25 year old sure, but I’d still be happy with AR at the right price

1 Like

Welcome to the den

1 Like

Agnew is well, trash, but the other two guys have been far more productive than Reynolds, albeit not real recently w Green.

He is probably going to realize 7 to 10m on that deal, when it’s all over.

Thats fine.

To me this makes me wonder where Cephus is in the cha-cha line now…

1 Like

I think Cephus could be a valuable rotational guy…adds versatility because he can be slot or WR2, in a depth role.

I want us to add some blazing MF’n speed though. That small school dude who was outrunning D2 talent would be nice, if we truly could snag him that late. He didn’t seem really “juke-like” (how Tate did it), but he did find another gear and give ppl bad angles with his speed.

DJ Chark and Skyy Moore?

Kirk and Pickens?

It’ll be 2 more guys Im sure…

1 Like

I could totally live w/that, especially in the event of a trade down.
Do you think picks 32 and 34 are WRs?

Nah, one vet, one pick.

2 Likes

I think the value of this contract suggests that Reynolds, Cephus, and another will likely compete for snaps opposite our WR1.

Meaning we think he could be a WR2 to WR3. Depending on how much playing time he gets. Most likely why it’s likely incentive laden. Basically we’re hedging our bets against Cephus getting playing time. I’d suspect we would add another low level guy to the mix.

As for WR1 my guess is that we’re likely drafting that guy. So I’m expecting a possible trade up from either 32 or 34.

Brown will be mainly our slot guy but I think we will continue to try and get him some snaps outside as well. I think we would like to see him eventually be able to bounce around like the Lions used to do with Tate.

One things for sure. We need more speed at WR so whoever we draft to be WR1 will probably be fast. I think we need someone with at least 4.4 speed.

Olave, Moore, Watson, Pickens, and Wilson seem
like possibilities to me.

Or we could add a big WR like London, Burks or Bell and find a speed guy later in the draft. Someone like Velus Jones who can be our KR/PR and speed guy.

2 Likes

Who?

I don’t see anyone criticizing the signing and/or saying we should resign Williams and Perriman?

2 Likes

I read he’s fast but has trouble catching the ball. Struggled with making catches during senior bowl week.

me too

1 Like