Kayvon Thibodeaux

fast forward a year and the perfect scenario to me is Goff has shown enough to be considered the future and we build up around him. Go get those blue chip final pieces to add to the FA they will have and the base they started this year.

Not necessarily. Goff has a stacked deck against him to succeed with this wr core. We will be drafting high enough to take Kayvon because they are going to suck next year it won’t completely on the qb’s shoulders. Where we were picking this year we weren’t getting the truly elite qb…not in comparison to what we did get in Sewell. This is a multi year rebuild…you wouldn’t be capitalizing on the rookie qb scale if we took a qb THIS early in the rebuild. My personal take is ride out the next two years with Goff and in 2023 look at qb in the draft if Goff doesn’t answer the questions the regime has about him. Unless you find some talent you can’t pass on in '22…but yea…my personal take is go blue chip players next year who aren’t qb.

3 Likes

I think he’s a little more finesse stylistically but he’s going to be an awesome NFL player for sure.

1 Like

Hamilton, Thibodeaux and Stingley are the unicorns IMO

Ohhh…that sounds like smart strategy. :wink:
Not only would we have teammates that give the QB bigger windows, but the QB himself provides us with a larger window of opportunity.

If Holmes Drafts as well as we are told, we will eventually not be able to pay everyone. Gonna have to trade vets, once they’re nearing the end of their rook contracts. Again, that’s IF Holmes drafts as well as we’re told. If the majority of your draft picks turn out to be studs, you eventually can’t afford to keep them all. We’d have to rotate through and make some really tough decisions. GREAT problem to have.

Yes, I get ahead of myself in business too.

1 Like

I agree we should ride with Goff and add elite talent around him. I don’t think he’s set up to fail though. The oline should be a strength. The run game should be above average and play action should help. Having TJ at TE will help. Plus adding Sewell should give us an above average screen game which should help. I think we are good enough to stay out of the top 5 picks in the draft next year and Goff will be one of the positives.

2 Likes

I agree with everything you are saying. I think those are all huge pluses. I don’t think he is being set up to fail either. I think Holmes likes him a lot and is being patient, but this wr core is less then ideal if you are trying show you are the guy.

The only thing that gives me pause on Goff being the future is the rumor that the big board was Lawrence, Lance and Sewell. They really liked Lance. So because of that I will continue to wonder until they extend Goff HAHA.

1 Like

I wonder what those Thibodeaux/Sewell practices looked like.

2 Likes

I might throw Malik Willis in there too. I’ve never seen a guy who can move like that have such an absurdly strong arm. I guarantee he’s gonna set scouts hearts aflutter over the next year.

I thought about including him but I’ve never watched Liberty play so that would’ve been disingenuous.

Yeah I have a couple of Auburn fan friends who wouldn’t shut up about him while he was there and kept it up after he transferred away, so I watched him whenever I could.

Which was twice. Looked great for those two games though!

I’d bet Sewell took most of those reps.

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I think Chase Young was better as a sophomore than Thibodeaux. Sure he had half a season and all but I feel like his overall tape wasn’t as good as Chase.

I think Chase was more polished than Thibodeaux is likely to be at the end of the year, but I agree with a couple of you that posted earlier that Thibodeaux is more finesse than Young.

1 Like

Why did he leave Auburn? Bo Nix beat him out?

And he can throw accurate passes to the right side of the field, so already Willis > Lance.

By the way, there is some fresh Willis Youtube content as of this afternoon.

Now just imagine the Rams shit the bed in a tough division and we have two top 5 picks next year. Could get the the D-Lineman and the QB. One can dream can’t they.

1 Like

My Auburn friends all tell me it was because of Malzahn, and not really giving him much of a shot.

Don’t know how much merit is actually there, but that’s the consensus.

T looks very good, but I think Sewell would regularly beat him up and take his lunch money.

1 Like

I’m suddenly feeling sad that I have no Auburn friends.

2 Likes