Kelly Stafford: Football hadn't been fun for Matthew in a very long time

The greatest comedian of all time said it best… Haha.

“Here’s something I don’t care about: athlete’s families. This is really the bottom of the sports barrel. I’m watchin’ a ball-game, and just because some athlete’s wife is in the stands, someone thinks they have to put her picture on the screen. And I miss a double steal! Same with a ballplayer’s father. Goddamn! “There’s his dad, who taught him how to throw the changeup when he was two years old.” F him, the sick bastard! His own sports dreams probably crash-landed, so he forced a bunch of shit on his kid, and now the kid’s a neurotic athlete. F these athletes’ relatives”

george carlin GIF

2 Likes

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

1 Like

So Wesley…so why is that is difficult to believe that he had a hard time leaving the city and the people that he and his wife had formed friendships with?

Never said the team.

Yeah its a tough pill to swallow losing Stafford however, I think all parties were in aggreance on the divorce. Its just the fine tuning i think Kelly had to LA that kind of sours me a bit. . I think her heart was set there and all other bets including NC, AZ, ATL, DEN and all others were off the board.

But happy wife happy life right :slight_smile:

Matt admitted in his press conference that Kelly told him to wear the trolling sweater

Planning a post-game celebration for the very 1st game after they left Detroit certainly does NOT give the look of people who are disappointed to gone.

They beat the Bears… a team the Lions beat last December as well… and she wanted him put on a very public display of how happy they are now.

EDIT… should have hit “reply” to @Wolverine0611 ratjer than Wes.

2 Likes

Why the hell would anyone be disappointed to leave the Detroit lions?

1 Like

My wife hates that saying…

I hate “it is what it is”. I had a boss that used to say that all the time and my translation for it was “it’s crap and we’re not going to fix it.”

1 Like

Work is work. Welcome to adulting.

I use that saying and I apply it in situations where someone is debating all kinds of random junk around a situation but not actually looking at the situation for what it is and planning from that point forward. I hate to single out women but they tend to do it more than men. If we are lost in the woods and need to find a way out…having a conversation about why your sister didn’t let us spend the night at her place which could have avoided all of this…isn’t helping sweetheart. It is what it is…now how the heck do we get out of here!!!

When men do it around me it tends to be them trying to look smart and show how much smarter they are than someone else. Like the vehicle breaks down and we need to find a way to get it fixed and up and running and Mr. Smarty pants wants to discuss why they even designed X part to go into Y like that in the first place and what should have happened was Z over A with a twisted B. It is what it is bro, let’s fix it and go!

1 Like

So many of you believe that both of them were happy to leave the city and the friends they had made or had no issues doing it? They were probably relieved to leave the Lions, but it’s a stretch to say wearing a stupid sweater means he was throwing shade and the city and the friends he made in Detroit.

1 Like

Not saying both of them were happy to leave the city by any means. It is blatantly apparent Kelly wanted out and had alteritior concerns. She listed the house for feelers, pretended it was just for whatever, she knew what she wanted and Matt being the MAN he is followed. That goes to show you the amount of character, manhood and family person he is…
Stafford is an amazing human. To be able to balance his professional stature and family and be so humble speaks volumes about him as a person.
Kinda reminds me of Barry Sanders in a way. Not the GOAT ar his position but similarities are there.
Anyways wish him and his family much success in their happy and humble CA Los Angeles abode

3 Likes

I think he wore it to say “Hey! Look, MF’rz! I can wear absolutely ANYTHING and still be better looking than you!”

Connecting w/Rams fans, is more likely the case, but I won’t worry about that any more than Kelly’s twitter account. Glad they’re happy and rooting for them in life.

1 Like

That might be a concern for those us who don’t make $20 million+ per year… but Kelly can call up NetJets and have her BFFs from the yoga studio out to LA for dinner any time she feels like it.

Private Jet GIF by All Eyez On Me

3 Likes

Not quite sue why this made me laugh so hard - the visual was a nice touch, for sure. Good shit!

1 Like

What Stafford did and what his wife said don’t bother me in the least. Unlike playing for Caldwell, who everyone seemed to love, Playing for Patricia must have been the pits—depressing and disappointing.

2 Likes

I was really hoping that Kelly was long bye-ye…

2 Likes

I’m highly interested in Jared Goff’s girlfriend.

I mean, in what she has to say.

7 Likes

Doesn’t bother me on its face, but it’s just more unnecessary piling on that won’t help the Lions recruit people to come and play for the Lions.

1 Like

Yeah, I bet he waa a reguler mopey mcmoperson cashing his $30 mill checks…I feel bad for him, the Lions held a gun to his head and made him sign THREE contracts here…ffs, I could puke honolulu blue koolaid in my mouth…he’s such a victim, poor, poor fella…in fact, I can hear that sara mclaughlin song from that commercial for abused animals as Matt sits cold, wet, and naked in a cage outside of allen park

3 Likes