Lions awarded DT Cominsky

Jashon Cornell u forgot about an Demetrius Taylor

Conversely, I don’t think anyone predicted Kyle Van Noy to enjoy sudden success when he was traded to the Patriots.

@coyote12 makes a great point here. Scheme and coaching changes can make a big difference. The price of admission for trying him on for size was our 3rd string kicker. Pretty good price, imo.

2 Likes

Surprised this thread is still going. The tape on this dude is :woozy_face::woozy_face:
He looks slow and clunky. I’m surprised at the hype.

1 Like

He’s probably here to compete with Banks, Bryant and J Okwara.

I don’t expect Bryant or Banks to win a spot
Cominsky vs Okwara for last DE spot?

If he somehow sticks, develop him to become a DT to replace Penisini? DT depth is still a question in my mind.

On final cut downs maybe the claims pool evaporates?

Sure sounds like that. Not hearing much about the injury, which is not good news.

Unless we protect him.

1 Like

Before you can sign him to PS, he has to be waived first and can be claimed by any team.

Are they allowing protection of PS players this year? Hadn’t heard . . . I know it was an agreement between NFL and NFLPA outside the CBA.

3 Likes

Jersey
As Dead is pointing out
Before a player can get on a PS, the team first cuts the player, then that player has to clear waivers
Only then can a team place on PS
I too am not sure on protection rules moving forward
I thought they were remaining in place on a permanent basis now

One thing — I’m guessing that cutting a player when getting down to the final 53 should result in less to no claims vs at this point in the season. So, getting him on PS may be a very real possibility.

3 Likes

If they think they have something with Cominsky, I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that they cut Brockers in favor of him or Banks.

Youth is worth a lot when Brockers only has a year left. Plus it may do right by him as he may want to go to a “contender” for his last year.

3 Likes

Develop a DE to replace a nose tackle? I guess it could happen but thats not how these things usually work.

1 Like

Yeah this thread is blowing my mind lol

They said he could slide inside as well
Put some weight on him, maybe ??
I understand your point 100%

I do question why we keep bring in DEs
I want DT depth, badly …

Just put Cominsky in the hall of fame already!!

3 Likes

Brockers is in OTAs this week, so he’s probably noted that the new defensive focus devalues his strengths and that new additions including Paschal, Hutch, Demetrius Taylor, and Cominsky plus a healthy Levi are ready to steal his lunch money. Dion is geeked–that’s not surprising–and he makes a case that Cominsky is more than just the 90th player on the team:

1 Like

Dose of Dion was a big fan of Tavai as well!! lol

3 Likes

Well that gives a solid bump to his credibility. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Geeked as in high in cocaine?? Because dion ALWAYS speaks as if he did a line before he hits record. Lol

2 Likes

all 58 seconds of “tape” that you watched?

8 teams put in a waiver claim for him.

He may not be a starter at this point… and maybe never… but the depth of a team is important.

Also… he may “look slow” to you in a highlight film… but the guy ran a faster 40 than both Bosa bros and had a better 3-cone than Nick Bosa. :eyes:

2 Likes

I guess not if it wasn’t in this article.
The PS is going from 14 to 16 players, though.

1 Like

PS is massive these days. I remember when it was 5 dudes max.

2 Likes

A few more spots and the practice squads could have their own league.

3 Likes