Lions Radio: 'Right Now, It Looks Like Brad Holmes Hooked His Boys Up'

Exactly right. Refs won that game.

Agree. Rams made that mistake a couple of times this year, but I think they learned from it. When you have Matt…you attack! It’s his style, and you can trust him to win it for you. Keep the petal down/pressure on. Go get those MF’rz!

1 Like

Eh, perhaps amongst fans, but I doubt with ownership. Everyone signed on to this rebuild. If Goff doesn’t pan out this year then next draft will be the year they have to figure it out….provided they don’t mKe a move this year.

And to the OP’s post….Valenti is Valenti……lol.

3 Likes

That article linked is when you spend all your money on fancy graphics for a fan site and you have shit content.

In Texas they call that “All hat, no cattle”

2 Likes

Comedy Central Hat GIF by Alternatino with Arturo Castro

2 Likes

I have an MC5 tattoo. As a young man from Downriver MI playing guitar they were my heroes. My father in law was in a band with Wayne Kramer. Kick out The Jam’s Motherfuckers! The raw power was just electric.

3 Likes

I mean I agree that you need to have running plays in the playbook for every now and then, but like you say, it can also be supplemented with a screen and quick type passing game.

I just really like throwing the football and like to watch great passing games. Don’t mind my bad takes.

I’d be curious to go back and look at what they were saying when the trade was made. I’m guessing none of them expressed that sentiment.

The Rams also spent significant resources to get Von Miller and added Odell Beckham, neither of whom was with the Rams when the trade was made. Both made a big difference for the Rams playoff run.

1 Like

There was always a much greater chance that the Rams would win this trade. Any team that finds the final piece to Superbowl contention is likely to win the trade but what the hell else is Holmes supposed to do? His franchise QB requested a trade immediately after his hiring. That automatically put him in a no win situation so he made the best of it for the Lions while also making sure that Stafford had a soft landing spot after years/decades of the organization treating their players like garbage so good on Holmes for making a trade that could benefit all parties.

The Rams just happened to be one of few teams with the need, the willingness to give up enough draft capital along with an ideal bridge QB at worst and was a spot that would appease Stafford. He didn’t “hook his boys up”. Such a dumb article.
Kind of sick of talking about it already. It’s time for everybody to move on.

4 Likes

The Rams instantly became the favorite when they picked up Stafford. This was an obvious upgrade to the entire football community outside of a few Lions fans that were still clinging to their incorrect evaluation of Stafford.

So “right now” is what was predicted “right then”.

More radio fodder.

3 Likes

I had never heard of them, until just now. They have a little bit of a Ramones feel to them, IMO. I saw them in concert in a small auditorium at Ferris State University…Social Distortion opened for them. Pretty fun stuff.

1 Like

I just looked that concert up.
I think i started at Ferris in 93’.

2 Likes

This is all I’m saying. But then next year becomes critical and now next year we might have to actually give up resources rather than simply sit tight and take one. Assuming we win 6-8 games.

It might not seem like it now, but the passing on Justin Fields is going to cast a long shadow if he explodes, and then they have give up resources to get a rookie. Then that rookie doesn’t pan out or is inferior to Fields. This is negative thinking of course, but forgive me I’m a Lions fan. At least we’ll have Sewell and whatever the picks generate.

1 Like

Very cool. I transferred to CMU, because I was pursuing a teaching degree. Lived in Carlisle Hall, while at FSU. While others complained about the food, it was the best I had ever eaten in my life, up to that point. LOL.

2 Likes

We traveled to CMU for a couple of parties and drinks at The Bird (I think that’s what the name of the little bar was), it was all a big,drunken mess…fun, got some stories that i still tell to this day. What a blast!

4 Likes

I remember going from CMU to Big Rapids to see Verve Pipe at a bar. They were a good live band back in the day, for the area anyway, although I didn’t really like what they did when they went commercial.

1 Like

My god, there is a reason I don’t listen to this crap.

When Matt was moved, I understood and thought it was a short-term value for mid-term value trade.

For those saying it is up to Brad to ensure that the picks bring that value, correct.

I also believe we picked up the extra first rounder for taking on Goff’s contract and we have his value as a bridge until we pick our next long-term QB. But, if our offense is going to be a run/play action based scheme, Goff might be a good fit for that. Guess time will tell.

Regardless, the trade made sense when we did it. To over-react now because the Rams got what they were aiming for is silly. They didn’t hide they were making a run and they succeeded. Good for them. We let a very good QB go for an opportunity to speed up a much needed rebuild. So far, that also looks like we are moving forward in that direction. But going from very bad to .500 team is the easy part. We mostly have all seen that before. It is that next step I would very much like to see and sustain. Yes, I am even missing Wayne Fontes these days.

1 Like

Awesomeness, brother! CMU was really good to me.

1 Like

Same. Forgot all aobut that.

1 Like

Truth

Aaron Rodgers on Matt Stafford:

Rodgers was having a conversation with ex-Indianapolis Colts punter Pat McAfee and ex-Packers teammate and linebacker A.J. Hawk about his no-look pass to wideout Davante Adams last Sunday before praising Stafford for making those types of throws routinely (around 35-second mark):

"I must say this. You know, a guy who probably doesn’t get anywhere near the credit for doing s–t like that all the time, he wears No. 9 and plays in Detroit.

"That dude, what he does with the ball, it’s impressive. It’s really, really impressive.

“I’m not here for any Matthew Stafford slander. … I’ve always been a big fan and he’s one of the most gifted throwers of the football in my generation,” Rodgers said.

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/aaron-rodgers-praises-matthew-stafford#:~:text=“I’m%20not%20here%20for,my%20generation%2C”%20Rodgers%20said.

6 Likes