Lions trade for DB Duron Harmon (Patriots)

Quinn only has 2 phone numbers in his contact list. One to the Pats front office and one to his own bank.

I’m convinced Quinn came here to help the Pats by being their minor league system. Constantly making trades and signings of guys the Pats let go is a terrible practice. Why would you try to strictly deal with the best franchise in NFL history??? Common sense should tell you that they make more smart moves than anyone else in the league, yet the worst franchise in sports history (the lions) are hell bent on dealing mostly with the Pats. Fucking ridiculous.

Says every other team. But Collins and Shelton are not backups. Big V was a backup because he had Pro Bowl level players ahead of him. We also need better quality depth players and yes good backups are indeed costing starter level pay. The object is to get BETTER and better doesn’t come free. We got better at LB and better at NT while paying less for those two positions combined and they were both starters, not backups. In our system the #3 S gets a lot more time than your average “backup Safety.” Our new DC has an intimate knowledge of what are new RT is and if he’s better than Wagner then he’s a lower cost performance upgrade. Spending 11M for Wagner level performance wasn’t a good plan. Will V be better, I hope so. We’ll see.

4 Likes

If you can’t see the contradictions here I can’t help you. Every former NE player we have, was once a player that was a “move” to acquire by the “smartest team in the league.” But we are the worst team if we bring those players onboard? I guess once a player goes from the Pats to us, they magically go from a brilliant idea to have, to a terrible idea to have. Methinks that is BS.

Yes because the second round is considered a late round pick… :roll_eyes:

Duron Harmon is no freaking backup. Yes, he isn’t listed as a traditional starter because he plays behind the best FS in the league. But he has played a lot of downs of incredibly high impact football. The only reason Belichek let him go is because he just re-signed Mccourty and needs the money for a QB. Harmom has more picks than Honey Badger, or Malcolm Jenkins or Haha Clinton Dix. He has 1 fewer than Dareus Slay for his career and they are the same age. He is not just some backup. He is a giant improvement over Tavon Wilson. And also, he plays deep and will be the best coverage safety we’ve had since Glover Quinn in his prime. This will free up tracy walker to be a true hang defender…improving 2 spots on the defense.

11 Likes

Its Dooooo-ron.

Yes, because BB decided he no longer wanted them and we are rushing up to grab them. First thing Quinn should ask himself is “why are they releasing/trading him”. Second thing he should ask himself is “what the ■■■■ am I doing?”

Flowers is a prime example. The Pats, not for a moment, even gave 1 thought into keeping him. Everyone here knew weeks in advance that Bob Quinn would back the Brinks truck up to him. We severely overpaid him, he played like a rookie all year and now we are stuck for several more years with a guy they got rid of, because his 7 sacks for them at 6 million or whatever was a value, but his 7 sacks for the 18 million we are paying him is stupid AF and a terrible signing. How is this hard to understand?

I haven’t been a big fan of Bob Quinn’s FA aquisitions… or most of his draft picks honestly… but getting Jaime Collins and Duron Harmon are going to add much needed athleticism and coverage abilities to our defense.

1 Like

Your detailed information and pragmatism is highly unwanted here. Can we please go back to bashing Quinn for everything now?!

It doesn’t matter if there good or not. It only matters that they are ex-Patriots​:roll_eyes::grin:

Harmon’s had 14 starts over the last 2 seasons and, generally, has been a playmaker.

Almost exactly 2 years older than Diggs.

Our top three safeties are pretty good now. Harmon, Walker and Will Harris. Nice. Solid.

Do folks have an issue with this move? Honestly?

1 Like

This is something to ponder on…

2019 stats
Q. Diggs pff grade is 76.4.
Darius Slay is 56.4 pff. (I know Slay is different position) But didn’t know that.

Duron Harmon 73.7 His career is 70.0

Hmmmm

Plus we’ve still got the 5th from Diggs to come up with a player. Could wind up being somebody.

1 Like

And normally I would agree.
But 3 wins says something completely different.
I struggle to see why you don’t see that as a problem.
But that’s fine. Like I said earlier in this thread, your points are valid, and I certainly understand where people stand.
I try to see things from as many angles as possible. But until next season when they have the opportunity to prove otherwise, I refuse to see the continuous Patriot signings as positive moves.

If we had 3 wins with a healthy Stafford, that would be one thing. But the year was a write-off for all intents and purposes after we lost our QB.

4 Likes

Sure it was a write off.
They did the same thing two offseasons ago and came out a solid 6-10.
This team simply isn’t good enough.
And following the same routine obviously hasn’t worked.
I haven’t lost hope, thats for sure. But I expect nothing more from the same aquisitions over and over again.

Yeah, it was only 3 wins but dang we were close to winning many of those losses until Driskel or Blough threw a pick 6.

3 Likes

Fair point. Agreed.

1 Like

You sound like my wife, who doesn’t understand the difference between understanding someone and agreeing with them. I understand you, I just don’t agree with you. The Pat may not have given “one thought” about keeping him because they thought he sucked as a starter… or they didn’t have the cap room to franchise him then trade him, or be able to pay both him and Gronk who hadn’t made the decision to retire yet, but I’m sure you know exactly what BB was thinking…

1 Like