Locked on Lions interview Packers

Reed seems to be a gadget guy who GB has done a great job of utilizing in the offense, something I really, REALLY, hope Ben J can do with Jamo this season.

1 Like

What I remember from watching Green Bay a few times at the end of the year is Love chucking up some deep wing and prayer 50/50 shots that somehow the recievers came up with but could have also easily been intercepted

How different is the narrative around Love if half those passes were picked? It reminds me of the Vikings 2022. All those tossup games falling in their favor. It wasn’t sustainable

1 Like

GB started the season going 3-6 and finished 6-2. Young QB and WR group that were obviously on the rise as the season ended. I like their WR room better than ours, really liked the pick of Wicks in the 5th last year, I think they hit the ground running this season. Williams is or isn’t going to be the difference.

@21:38. He apologizes for something he tweeted about the Lions (I think) anyone know what he’s talking about?

Edit: Found it some dumb shit about MI water. But it’s deleted so only comes up in a search engine

I hate the ■■■■■■■ packers but they are improving. To win a playoff game in Dallas in Love’s first year starting was kinda impressive. They had San Fran on the ropes too before blowing it…kinda like the Lions did too. San Fran could have easily lost both of those playoff games.

It really all comes down to Love. Does he improve? Regress? Stay the same? Hopefully massive regression.

2 Likes

I loathe the Packers but was honestly cheering for them to win that game. I wanted to play the Packers at home to go to the Super bowl. Talk about exorcising demons. We already cast out one demon by sending Stafford and the Rams away with a loss. Imagine beating the Pack at home too

And without a doubt. Ford Field would have been absolutely in-■■■■■■■-sane. And we would have throttled them

1 Like

This is the kind of thing I’m talking about. Toss up, under pressure, off his back foot. Amazing throw or amazing luck? There were a lot of these

https://x.com/StuartFeiner/status/1731511451901169720

Most of the, “Packers have passed the Lions in the division”, is based on Thanksgiving game last season. One game. The previous 4 games the Lions kicked their butts.
Including knocking them out of the playoffs and bringing Arod’s era to an end in Green Bay.
One game doesn’t make it a trend, past history doesn’t count. The Lions own the crown. They ain’t giving it up without a fight. And this team knows how to fight.

1 Like

As others have pointed out, the Lions RB’s rushed for 24 TD’s and GB’s only rushed for 4. Our TE’s had 12 TD’s, GB’s had 4.
How many TD’s would our WR group have if we took away those 24 TD’s from the RB’s and TE’s?

Again, I like all 3 of their WR’s but would you trade their WR’s for ours right now?..I wouldn’t.

2 Likes

Not many we just would have lost more games.

Our 5 for their 5 is the deal, not the top 3, and right now I wouldn’t not because ours are better but because Sun God is too integral to this O.

1 Like

The Lions have an all-pro. The Packers don’t.

I would gladly take ARSB + 4 “average” NFL WR’s over Green Bay’s 5 “above average” WR’s.

1 Like

Therein lies the rub. This conversation was about the better WR group, their’s is better. We don’t need our WR group to be that much better as long as Sun God stays healthy. We have options that they don’t but that wasn’t the conversation, it was which group was better.

I remember watching that I’m real time and not being able to wrap my head around how that throw wasn’t picked.

1 Like

Sheil and Ben of The Ringer talked about this last week. Has there been a year over year top five offense recently that didn’t have a top tier WR1?

They brought up the Pats but felt that Gronk differentiated them
from GB. And they’re both bullish on GB.

1 Like

Yeah there the other rub I’m not sure I even call the rest avg, Jamo isn’t avg even yet , Raymond fits avg. People’s wouldn’t call him avg yet either. But I’m hopeful

Well, it is also early to be calling the Packers 5 WR above avg, point being if you can’t say it about Jamo(and I agree) then you can’t for the Packers WR group.

Question marks about all three of the Packers WR from durability, gadget, drops etc

1 Like

He made the rounds w Woodward sports earlier this week i heard and legit got angry on camera. He is doing the rounds w the detroit media bc of the attention (complete guess on my part) bc man, he is getting SLAYED by everyone he talks to. I get loving your team, but have some objectivity. When you say musgrave is just as Laporta or you say the packers run game is BETTER then gibbs and dmon…i just tune you out. Dont even grt me started on the offensive line comparison.

My take on coaches? They have an amazong coach. He coached his ass off on thanksgiving. Maybe he is better then dan. I dont give a ■■■■, im riding w dan 1000000% and ill.never bet against dan vs lafluer.

3 Likes

Yea. Dery was pretty gracious. I’d pay money to hear him debate one of us here. most of us on this forum would pull out so many stats and facts his head would be spinning. I would have taken that fucker to the woodshed

3 Likes

ARSB counts in the group too. It seems like you’re implying he doesn’t count because he’s just one guy. His added presence makes the Lions group better than the Packers. If you remove him and Watson then maybe Green Bay takes it.

1 Like