NBA & China

Like the Russians?

I’ll gladly sit in the middle with sane people not caught up in all this everyone is my enemy bullshit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheEllenShow/status/1181395164499070976

1 Like

I was surprised Ellen did that. There are more people on the left that feel the way she articulated there, but they are scared to say it. People have really gotten into an unhealthy “if you aren’t with us your against us” mentality. And its not even an across the board thing, some people will literally single out a single issue and demand that its their way or the highway. For some of the loudest voices, even being cordial with someone of a different political opinion could lead to some trouble.

1 Like

I saw the whole Ellen monologue. Thought it was very funny and well done. Ellen always has been likable.

But, being civil and engaging in civil discourse, agreeing to disagree, “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it,” etc. doesn’t change basic truths for which there is no middle.

Either you’re pro life (believe life begins at conception) or you aren’t. Sure, there are attempts at some middle ground (e.g. I’m personally against it and wouldn’t do it, but there’s a “right” to choose), but the nature of the act remains the same–the taking of a human life.

The current crop of Democratic Presidential candidates (except, I believe Tulsi Gabbard), have expressed support for a woman’s right to abort the baby in the third trimester (all the way up to birth), and even if the child is born alive after a botched abortion. They support infanticide. In other words, pure evil. And if you can do that, why not go down the slippery slope of euthanasia down to the government deciding who lives and dies (through control of medical care, i.e. you’re too old for this medical procedure and it costs too much, so we’re not going to try to extend/save your life)?

So, no, I can’t sit the so-called middle hoping to “negotiate” with those who promote pure evil.

If one does not defend life, then there is nothing worth defending.

1 Like

Why did she attend this game and sit right next to George W?
Seems way too staged.

1 Like

Sometimes, I think we see “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” playing out. Fair to say that neither of them support the current administration.

1 Like

WTF are you even talking about? Democrats support infanticide now? Warren’s position follows Roe v Wade. Not whatever the hell you just said.

This issue always brings out the crazy in people.

Its like when the Catholic Church tries to tell couples they are baby killers for trying IVF to conceive. Fuck off with that noise.

How can you say the middle has disappeared, if you have created a scenario where no middle can exist? It means it never existed.

I’m pro-life and always have been, but I do not share the views of the current Republican Party or the view children will be slaughtered if Democrats win. I’ve been there, but I’m beyond it.

They were both guest of Jerry Jones.

If it was staged, I think it was a good staging. People need to see and hear it. But you are right, it does make me wonder. Particularly when she brings up that she’s a Packers fan sitting in an all Cowboys fan suite.

Here’s what it normally looks like on the left. This girl joined in the “feel good” nature of Ellen’s response to critics. Then SHE gets attacked for backing Ellen. At first she tries to reason with the critics. Rather than stay the course, she then quickly backtracks…deletes her original tweets she was taking heat for and then posts “Ooooof learning today about the full extent of Bush’s heinous presidency… we weren’t taught much about him at school, we just heard he was stupid…(we were dealing with our own epic nightmare of a prime minister back then). What a monstrous leader. I now understand the rage…”

I don’t see it staged. Ellen was catching Twitter hell for being at the game seated with Bush. She responded. In Ellen’s circle it’s a hell of a lot easier to not be associated with Bush. It’s good for business. It’s also childish and ridiculous and good for her for standing up to the twitter mob.

So you think its just a coincidence that Ellen and GWB showed up with the same haircut?:laughing:

If you really are concerned about human rights, it is better for the NBA to be there as opposed to not being there.

The more exposure the average Chinese citizen has with U.S. culture, the more freedom they start to expect.

I agree with doing what you have to do to save your paycheck, but when you do that you open yourself up to what’s happening. Trump went after Steve Kerr and Greg Popavich…who have been outspoken on other issues…but were not willing to speak out about China.

It hurts their credibility, and rightfully so.

https://sports.yahoo.com/donald-trump-chastises-little-boy-steve-kerr-gregg-popovich-over-nb-as-china-flap-214434724.html

Baby’s are being slaughtered!

They are? That’s weird because we had Trump as president and Republicans controlled the House and Senate. All of them promising to “end the slaughter”. What gives man? Why didn’t the end the slaughter? Isn’t voting Republican supposed to end the slaughter?

I won’t take a back seat to anyone on being pro-life, but I’m not going to fall for the con either.

My ancestors would say you speak with forked tongue. Actually, I guess, I’m saying that.
Never met a Republican that hates Republicans as much as you do.

I don’t hate Republicans. I vote for them every election. There’s a difference between supporting candidates and blind loyalty. I question what I don’t agree with. That doesn’t mean I hate.

1 Like

Trumpanzees aren’t real Republicans. They are actually the Real RINOs. They’ve fallen victim to fascism unfortunately.